Stuck at the end of BG1

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 mina

mina
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 06:33 AM

Hi!

I'm using BGT v1.05b, with BP v1.77 and Worldmap v6.6.1.

At the end of BG1, after talking to Belt I'm teleported to Amn. There I see a little cutscene: after one of the guys says "Our client awaits", I see the campfire/rest animation, then my PC is there in the woods with a few people, stuck forever. I cannot move, nor talk nor access the menu.

Is there anything I can do?

I would not mind re-installing if my savegames were still usable, but I'd like to avoid starting BG1 from the beginning right now.

Thanks for your help!

(I have attached my WeiDU.log, SETUP_BGT.DEBUG, AR0602.BCS)

Attached Files

#2 -gilad-

-gilad-

Posted 05 January 2008 - 09:17 AM

Hi,
i have the same problem, i have installed BGTTweak 7 (for the XP only) and BGT105b_Install.

#3 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:55 PM

Have no idea why the cause, and too lazy to look at your AR0602. Hopefully you have a save just before talking to Belt, because you can safely do a complete re-install AND still use your saved games.

If you have this save, uninstall all mods, then try this install order:
~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core 1.05b
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #0 // Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 177 weidu (beta)
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Suldanessallar
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #2 // Improved Spellhold
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #3 // Wand of Orcus Add-In
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Small Teeth Pass, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #5 // Improved Kangaxx Encounter, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #6 // Kensai Ryu's Improved Crypt King
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #7 // Kensai Ryu's Gnome Fighter/Illusionist in the Docks
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #8 // Improved Random Encounters, by Gebhard Blucher and Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #9 // Gebhard Blucher's Lich in the Docks
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #10 // Red Badge, Poison-Based Encounter, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #11 // Kuroisan the Acid Kensai, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #12 // The Ritual, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #14 // Level-50 Ruleset (Code By King Diamond)
~SETUP-VALEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Valen
~SETUP-VALEN.TP2~ #0 #10 // Give More Creatures Protection From Level Drain & Undead
~SETUP-TASHIA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tashia NPC Mod -> Full version (ToB required)
~SETUP-TASHIA.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tashia Add-on Pack by Bri and Lord Ernie (English only, Tashia ToB Required) -> Baldurized Dialogues
~SETUP-TASHIA.TP2~ #0 #4 // Alternate portrait f
~SETUP-BGTMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Music -> Full Baldur's Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast Music
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised worldmap for the Baldur's Gate v6.6.1 - including coloured Baldur's Gate map icons -> Installing new Worldmap for use with Mega Modification...
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #3 // Travel Times and Area Visibility -> Revised Area Visibility and Travel Times for BG1 & SoA/TOB+BP Family Mods
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #5 // Worldmap size: Choose the size of the worldmap -> Huge Worldmap  8000x4600
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #6 // Worldmap for Throne of Bhall -> Use new worldmap for Throne of Bhaal as well
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #2 // Game Graphical User Interface (GUI) -> "Baldur's Gate Trilogy" (Elminster wielding sword)

Don't install
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #15 // Ascension for BP
until it can be fixed, hopefully in v178

If this doesn't work, attach your new AR0602 then we could do a comparison.

Edited by Azazello, 05 January 2008 - 01:59 PM.

#4 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 07:14 PM

Ah, shat, I left spurious code in the release back when I was doing testing.

If you have NearInfinity, open it up. Find the BCS file called AMNSCENE.BCS, find the line RestParty(), delete that, and hit Compile, then Save.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#5 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 08:12 PM

This is a first. Patch is available here. To save people asking later, this patch should be applied ONLY on BGT-WeiDU v1.05b and no other version.

Edited by Ascension64, 05 January 2008 - 08:13 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#6 mina

mina
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 04:19 AM

Thanks Azazello and Ascension64 for your help.

I have installed the patch and everything works fine :)

Thanks

#7 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:34 PM

Hi at all

About patch:I've installed BGT 105b. I must re-install bgt or is sufficient rewrite the patch's files?

Italian mods tanslator!!!!

#8 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:49 PM

You just run the Setup-BGT105bPatch.exe after you have copied it and the Setup-BGT105bPatch.tp2 to the installation directory.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#9 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:37 AM

Ok, Thanks!

Italian mods tanslator!!!!

#10 hexrei

hexrei
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 07:26 PM

I installed the patch, unfortunately after playing the cutscene, it skips straight to irenicus' dungeon. Shouldn't I be given a chance to play the TOSC levels before irenicus' dungeon?

#11 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 09:37 PM

I installed the patch, unfortunately after playing the cutscene, it skips straight to irenicus' dungeon. Shouldn't I be given a chance to play the TOSC levels before irenicus' dungeon?

After defeating Sarevok, you need to do those chapters before talking to Belt again.

It takes a village...

#12 hexrei

hexrei
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 09:38 PM

After defeating Sarevok, you need to do those chapters before talking to Belt again.

Err... how do I get Ulgoth's Beard to appear? I see Watcher's Keep and Athkatla and that seems weird, because I have beaten Sarevok but not spoken with Belt again yet. I think this may be due to installing the patch and restoring from a save made before the patch was applied. I guess I'll try reloading from a save before I beat Sarevok.

Edited by hexrei, 10 February 2008 - 09:50 PM.

#13 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 10:00 PM

Err... how do I get Ulgoth's Beard to appear?

You go north from the Wyrm's Crossing(the huge bridge that leads to Baldur's Gate)
_______________________________________________*Here*_______
Posted Image

PS, this info should be wrong now, as of v1.06- :whistling:
It should be accessible from the west. :unsure:

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 04 August 2008 - 06:41 AM.

#14 hexrei

hexrei
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 10:11 PM

Thanks man that completely worked!

#15 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:03 PM

Umm....having the same problem...Wheres the patch?

#16 punkygubbins

punkygubbins
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:08 AM

Same here. Ascension64's link above now appears to be dead.

I've just played to the end of BG1 on v105b and I understand save games are not compatible with v106 so a working link to the 105b patch would be massively appreciated.

As an aside, this is my first post here and I'd like to thank everyone involved with these mods for their hard work. I've got a lot of mods installed (Bone Hill, DSotSC, NTotSC, TDD, SoS and more) and so far I haven't had an issue I've not been able to resolve by trawling these boards.

Good work!

#17 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:33 AM

It might have been deleted from the database as the BGTv1.06 came out...

#18 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:35 AM

I've put the file back on the site. Sorry about that.

--------------
Retired Modder