Installer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 05:33 AM

Whle I like the mod itself, I found the custom installer somewhat annoying. It's kind of a bother having to re-configure my firewall each time I want to download a new soundset.

Could you convert this to WeiDU format and make each soundset an optional component instead?

#2 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 02:38 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm afraid I'm not going to make a WeiDU version for it. To me, there's no need to use a WeiDU installer for this mod, and would only mess with weidu.log and be unnecessary clutter. Sure, I could use NO_LOG_RECORD and whatnot, but I don't really see the point.

For the next version of the mod, however, I can do something similar to the OSX version for PC in addition to the installer - an archive containing all the soundsets and a batch script to decode them. The installer would still be the recommended way to install the mod, but this would be an alternative for advanced users who for whatever reason don't want to use the installer.

In the meantime, you can download the OSX version and perform the decoding yourself, if that would be easier than reconfiguring your firewall. :)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#3 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 02:33 AM

In the meantime, you can download the OSX version and perform the decoding yourself, if that would be easier than reconfiguring your firewall. :)

Heh, that's actually what I ended up doing. :)

BTW, nice work on the mercenary soundset. :new_thumbs: