• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 03:49 PM

05 February 2011

I think I should write a few lines about Return 2 Trademeet.

Next version of Return 2 Trademeet (that 2 refers to the version) will be a totally new mod. I can say that only the name of mod will be the same.

The old storyline was short, linear and common. The new storyline will be long, exciting and interesting.

Every single area will be 3d rendered. Say goodbye to Baldur'Gate, Icewind Dale or Planescape collage.

Dialogs will be deeper and they will make you remember Planescape.

And now what Return 2 Trademeet won't be.

There won't be many big side quests. That's easy to explain: a big side quest needs many areas and many areas need a lot of work.

However, R2T will count at least three big side quests.

The first one will be in a castle.

The second one will be an old Ad&d PnP Ravenloft module "Night of the walking dead". It can be found here: http://www.wizards.c...files/notwd.pdf

The third one will be another old famous adventure "White Plume Mountain" ( http://www.wizards.c...nd/oa/20051207a )

I spent the last 50 days working exclusively on 3d modeling and the result is:

Trademeet: 100%
Main quest before leaving Trademeet: 0%
Main quest after leaving Trademeet: 0%
Big quest (castle): 100%
Big quest (NOTWD): 80% -> 85% -> DONE
Big quest (WPM): 0%
Medium and mini-quests (all together): 95%

I can say I'm near 60%.

Two examples:

Posted Image
Night of the walking dead

Posted Image
Big quest in a castle

Edited by al17, 17 February 2011 - 03:53 PM.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

Return To Trademeet (http://rtteng.altervista.org), my mod for Baldur's Gate 2. Try it! ;)

#2 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:45 PM

Hi al17,
Just wanted to say I enjoyed playing your mod although it was some time ago (about a year). I am excited about the changes you are doing especially the graphics for Return (v)2.o Trademeet. No problem with the items, I am using them in my megamod installation now 8)

(even if the story line will be completely different).

A different story line? That is very cool!
Just a couple inquiries:
Will there be different outcomes for the ending?
Any more NPC's to add?
More areas to explore besides the current ones?
Thanks to you and your team for a cool TC :cheers:
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#3 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:36 AM

A different story line? That is very cool!

Absolutely yes. The bad guy and your love (Aerie, Jaheira, etc) will be involved since the beginning and the adventure will take place 10 years after the end of ToB. This lapse of time will allow me to picture *my* Faerun.

Will there be different outcomes for the ending?

Yes, even if only the very last cut scene will be different. It will depend on two persons and their possible death.

Any more NPC's to add?

One, but I'm focused on the existing npcs.

More areas to explore besides the current ones?

Trademeet will have many buildings, but there will be less areas to explore outside the city. I decided to cut two, maybe three, big quests too: 3d graphic takes so many time if you want a good result. I think one good area is better than two weak.

Edited by al17, 12 January 2008 - 03:04 AM.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

Return To Trademeet (http://rtteng.altervista.org), my mod for Baldur's Gate 2. Try it! ;)

#4 -ale73p21-

-ale73p21-

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:25 AM

-OTHER LANGUAGE POST- DELETED

Edited by al17, 14 January 2008 - 03:49 AM.

#5 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:47 AM

sorry, only english here.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#6 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:11 AM

Does this mean all of your areas will be custom now? Just wondering, because we have a mod that adds a little item shop to Trademeet Inn if that area (ar2010) is present in any install, which would probably work with v1 but maybe not v2 if you're changing the areas and names.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#7 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:32 AM

All areas will be custom. This means there'll be a totally new Trademeet (and shops, inns, etc) and your mod won't work.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#8 -ale73p21-

-ale73p21-

Posted 16 January 2008 - 04:12 AM

Ok my english sucks but i'll try to post in a readable way. I realize that a big mode like yours will take very long to be realized, so i wait with due patience.
Actually i didn't expect that after so many years since the creation of BGII there're still people working in giving us big mods. Keep up the good work then and good luck of course. I enjoied the old mod very much.

#9 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:33 AM

Ok my english sucks but i'll try to post in a readable way. I realize that a big mode like yours will take very long to be realized, so i wait with due patience.
Actually i didn't expect that after so many years since the creation of BGII there're still people working in giving us big mods. Keep up the good work then and good luck of course. I enjoied the old mod very much.

It's interesting how posts that start with "my english sucks" are in fact very easily readable (even with a couple of trivial errors), much more so than the posts of many people who should know better.

(Sorry, OT).

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#10 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:35 AM

...of many people who should know better.

that's me :crying: :)

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#11 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:45 AM

...of many people who should know better.

that's me :crying: :)

Nah, I mean people who are native English/American/... but only know moron/leet/smsspeak.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#12 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 02:00 PM

al17
what program are you using 3ds, maya, other? also are the trees a 'standard object creator' of that program?
if 3ds you should look into speedtree for the trees you can make a 1000-2000 poly tree look very good compaired to say max's standard tree reaching 50,000+ poly

also if you have control over the color of the leaves they are a bit too green I would recommend adding a little yellow and then lower the hue.
can you us bump mapping? if so you could add it to the roof texture to 'dirty' it up a bit. :)

overall it is a good composition :)
Live Free Or Die

#13 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 05:22 AM

what program are you using 3ds, maya, other? also are the trees a 'standard object creator' of that program?

I'm using a very old program, Bryce. I know maya and 3dmax are better, but I chose bryce for two reasons:

1) it's free

2) it's easy (and that's great for a dumb like me! :) )

also if you have control over the color of the leaves they are a bit too green I would recommend adding a little yellow and then lower the hue.

red and phosphorescent green are intentional. That area should be in the far east, a mysterious land for charname, and I thought strange colors were appropriate.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#14 --Sir-Kill--

--Sir-Kill--

Posted 20 January 2008 - 06:52 AM

ah I see :)
well you should look in to bump mapping and normals bump mapping they add a great dimension to your scene
http://www.shadedrel...drape/bump.html

#15 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 04:23 PM

Sorry to be off the topic of graphics, which is really cool. New music or will we hear some of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" film music again? Not that it was bad. I liked that music for the action in your mod a lot. If there is no replacement for the music, I would keep it where you had it.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#16 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:50 AM

Al17,

just wondering if u're still working on the 2.0 version of the mod.
I'm eager to try it later or before ... :) (i also noticed on the italian official no news are there since long time).

Ciao!
mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#17 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:19 AM

UPDATE 12/10/2010

Even if this mod seemed to be (quite) abandoned, it's still alive... again.

UPDATE (old)

Even if this mod seemed to be alive, it's (quite) abandoned.

One year ago the new version was at 50%. Today is at 51%. However I can't say the mod is completely abandoned; someday I could decide to finish it.

Someday is today.

Edited by al17, 10 December 2010 - 07:21 AM.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#18 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:41 AM

45 days and I can confirm that RTT is absolutely in progress.

A new, intricated and deeper storyline is ready (to say the truth it's ready since 2008), as well as new quests.

I'm working on new areas now. I'm at about 50%.

Next week I'll be more exhaustive.

bye.

Edited by al17, 26 January 2011 - 03:17 AM.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#19 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:05 AM

I am glad to hear you are working on this again.

The wife and I are doing a multiplayer BGT, and once we finished ToB I plan to run her though RTT.

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#20 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:23 PM

I think I should write a few lines about Return 2 Trademeet.

Next version of Return 2 Trademeet (that 2 refers to the version) will be a totally new mod. I can say that only the name of mod will be the same.

The old storyline was short, linear and common. The new storyline will be long, exciting and interesting.

Every single area will be 3d rendered. Say goodbye to Baldur'Gate, Icewind Dale or Planescape collage.

Dialogs will be deeper and they will make you remember Planescape.

And now what Return 2 Trademeet won't be.

There won't be many big side quests. That's easy to explain: a big side quest needs many areas and many areas need a lot of work.

However, R2T will count at least three big side quests.

The first one will be in a castle.

The second one will be an old Ad&d PnP Ravenloft module "Night of the walking dead". It can be found here: http://www.wizards.c...files/notwd.pdf

The third one will probably be another old PnP module.

I spent the last 50 days working exclusively on 3d modeling and the result is:

Trademeet: 100%
Main quest before leaving Trademeet: 0%
Main quest after leaving Trademeet: 0%
Big quest (castle): 100%
Big quest (NOTWD): 80%
Big quest (?): 0%
Medium and mini-quests (all together): 95%

I can say I'm near 60%.

Two examples:

Posted Image
Night of the walking dead

Posted Image
Big quest in a castle

rtt14ban5bv.jpg