Photo

Text bug in Bone Hill Dungeon

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Daelric

Daelric
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 09:56 AM

Hey guys... I have a DEFINITE bug here now, not just something that might or might not be. While fighting the Beholder-ish creatures on the second level of the Bone Hill dungeon, text pops up, something to do with a ninja-to, and then the full description of the ninja-to item comes up. One of the creatures is obviously calling up an incorrect strref.

Daelric

Attached Images

• spectator_bug_1.JPG
  • spectator_bug_2.JPG

#2 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 12:27 PM

That is definately NOT a Bonehill bug.

It takes a village...

#3 Daelric

Daelric
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:03 PM

Hehe nope, I would hope not. However, it definitely IS an SMM bug ;)

#4 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 06:22 PM

Wow, what was that. How did you manage to kill both beholders. My beholders just died, cos the green one farted and the orange one died on the spot.

"[You are] the foe of my foe, friend of my friend, by the first sapling that rose where Shilmista now stands, and by the shadow it will cast before all things will end, I swear to give my blood for you." - Kivan when we meet Imanel Silversword.

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

@ SMM Auto DL / Auto-Installer / Manual Install / Walkthru - based on Erebusant's installation @
@ Infinity Explorer v0.85 (Some fixes for v0.75/v0.80) @
@ Future of MegaMods? - Working with Mega-Modification Installations - by Ascension64 @

#5 Daelric

Daelric
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:08 AM

Wow, what was that. How did you manage to kill both beholders. My beholders just died, cos the green one farted and the orange one died on the spot.

I ended up killing them off with a wand of fireballs :P

#6 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 04:26 PM

Hehe nope, I would hope not. However, it definitely IS an SMM bug ;)

You will see those weird dialog text boxes or misplaced strings heads in just about every mega mod combo you try. They are usually nothing critical, I play most of the time hiding the GUI so I may not see a lot of them. It's when that Ninja To description ends up being an NPC romance dialog or something really screwy like that.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#7 superbai

superbai
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:58 AM

I ended up killing them off with a wand of fireballs :P

A Fireball Kills the smaller beholders, which cast cloudkill upon death and in turn kill the bigger one. The only problem is you don't get the experience.

Also, there is a similar text error in the castle with the hobgoblins that have swords instead of bows and arrows. Minor annoyance.