Photo

Exchanging Meshes and Textures

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Eggz76

Eggz76
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:41 AM

I am new to all the mods of Oblivion but now I have downloaded so many mods with new looking items but I think most of them unbalance my game. It is possible to simply change the look of regular items by swapping meshes and textures of the original items with imported ones from player created mods?

If possible how do I go about doing it?

#2 Najaknevrec

Najaknevrec
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:01 AM

This is possible and in deed very easy. to say an example, if you do not like the look of your Mithril shield, go to your Oblivion/data folder and if you do not already have it, create a new folder, called Meshes/armor/mithril and place the new mesh there. Voila, all mithril shields in game are changed. You can do this with every item in the game, you just have to use a correct file path. You can do the same thing with textures as well.

#3 Rachael

Rachael
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:09 AM

I'm having a bit of trouble with changing the color or "texture?" for items, armor, and clothing on Oblivion. The programs that I have are The Gimp, Gimp Pro, Photo.NET, and Gmax. Any help would be greatly apreceated. :doh:  ^_^

#4 Najaknevrec

Najaknevrec
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:10 AM

I'm having a bit of trouble with changing the color or "texture?" for items, armor, and clothing on Oblivion. The programs that I have are The Gimp, Gimp Pro, Photo.NET, and Gmax. Any help would be greatly apreceated. :doh: ^_^

And what kind of problem that is? I persoanly use Photoshop, but some general rules are the same for both.