Photo

First Custom Portrait Attempt!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zoraciel Ivtel

Zoraciel Ivtel
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 05:05 PM

This is a custom portrait I've been working on, and I'm looking for some comments, critiques, etc. to get it completely Baldurized. So any suggestions would be great! If anyone wants to see a bigger version, I can get it up.

Attached File  PirL.bmp   55.17K   447 downloads

Attached File  PirS.bmp   6.85K   340 downloads

#2 WizWom

WizWom
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:49 PM

looks like a photo cut out and pasted onto a gradient background.

It won't match the style of the BG or BG2 portraits from the game.

but - it's better than my first attempt.

#3 Zoraciel Ivtel

Zoraciel Ivtel
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 12:14 AM

When it's bigger it looks more like a painting, but when resized it looks like a photo again. Any ideas on how to keep that from happening?

#4 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 06:28 AM

When it's bigger it looks more like a painting, but when resized it looks like a photo again. Any ideas on how to keep that from happening?

Try working on it at the size it needs to be. A lot of folks think you need larger source photos, but I've found that to be inaccurate for BG portraits.

You might also check out the art tutorials, particularly those that relate to "baldurisation."

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle