Sound Problem

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 -Rince119-

-Rince119-

Posted 06 February 2008 - 12:05 PM

Hey guys,

i have a problem with BGT, Baldurs Gate 1!
The problem is that i hear no backgroundsounds like, whsiperings, how birds singing etc.
All that good things that brings that game to life.
Without that its only half fun.
When im playing the normal BG1 without BGT, its all normal with that sounds.
When im playing BGT i hear nothing. Only sometimes music and the voices of my characters and npc.

I installed BGT 1.05+BGT Music+BGT Npc Sound+Txt Music+Gui

Its all perfect, only that little(or big:) ) thing with the sound is not working.
Can someone give me an answer?

#2 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 01:03 PM

Hey guys,

i have a problem with BGT, Baldurs Gate 1!
The problem is that i hear no backgroundsounds like, whsiperings, how birds singing etc.
All that good things that brings that game to life.
Without that its only half fun.
When im playing the normal BG1 without BGT, its all normal with that sounds.
When im playing BGT i hear nothing. Only sometimes music and the voices of my characters and npc.

I installed BGT 1.05+BGT Music+BGT Npc Sound+Txt Music+Gui

Its all perfect, only that little(or big:) ) thing with the sound is not working.
Can someone give me an answer?

Try turning off your environmental audio setting in the configuration screen.

It takes a village...

#3 -Rince119-

-Rince119-

Posted 06 February 2008 - 01:36 PM

Sry i think thats not the problem, cause ic cannot turn on that botton.
In baldurs Gate1 without BGt it works also without that.
The next thing is in candlekeep.
When im standing outside in front of the bar i can hear the music of the bar thats correct.
But when im going in there no more music to hear.....strange.
In BG1 i normally hear that, thats why im thinking there are missing ambiente sounds and music that the programm BGT not installed.
The msuic patch and thenpcsound patch still running, thats why i have no idea where the problem is.......

#4 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:28 PM

On a clean install of BG2, do you experience the same problem? You can test this by uninstalling all mods on your current BGT installation, or if you have a backup somewhere, run that.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#5 Jesse2004

Jesse2004
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:36 PM

I had the similar problem. No anbience sounds and seldom hear the voice of the character besides double-click on the portrait. I think there may be a problem on the EAX sound effect.

#6 -Rince119-

-Rince119-

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:18 AM

@Ascension64

ok i should describe my problem in parts.
I have the complete full Game of Baldurs Gate 1 without any Mods and Addons( what u mean with Backup Version)
and beside that i have
the full Baldurs Gate 1 Game with the BGT Mod.
Now i can change between this two versions the OLD and the NEW one.
New=With Mod:)
When im starting now the old version of Baldurs Gate 1 for a New Game, i start with a Charakter in Candlekeep in front of a bar.
There i hear ambiente sounds like voices from people speaking, birds singing etc and music comes out from the bar.
for the direct relation now i have the new version.
What i make is to start BGT and with that Baldurs Gate 1, a new Game.
I stand also in front of that bar but the difference now is, that i cannot hear that ambiente sounds like in the "old" version.
When im go inside the bar the music defaults. In the "old version" there is one.
The next problems are like:
The music of BGT normally started to late or completly not.
I woundered why.
For example in Beregost, the little town , there normally are ambiente sounds and music started from the moment i wlk to this place.
In BGT there isnt any ambiente sound and the music is not running.
When im go now wwith my character to the friendly arm, BGT plays now correctly the ambiente sound but no music comes.
You see.... there are things throwing out of Baldurs Gate 1 Old Version and some things are still normal.
Is that new in BGT or normal or what is that????
Plz help, thx

#7 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:53 AM

Yep, I know what you mean. If you Alt-Tab out of the game and Alt-Tab back in, you actually hear the inn music play. With the music, sometimes it is delayed. I haven't the faintest idea what is causing it at the moment.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#8 -Rince119-

-Rince119-

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:19 PM

@ascension64

thank u, i will try it.

#9 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:40 AM

Well, I worked out the problem with area ambients not playing (like crowds and wind, etc.). That'll be fixed in v1.06.

As with local ambients like taverns, fountains, etc., they seem to work OK for me now without having changed anything. Funny, though, the only thing I did was to update my sound drivers (I use crappy onboard Realtek AC'97 codec).

--------------
Retired Modder

#10 Habardeen

Habardeen
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 06:43 AM

Well, I worked out the problem with area ambients not playing (like crowds and wind, etc.). That'll be fixed in v1.06.

As with local ambients like taverns, fountains, etc., they seem to work OK for me now without having changed anything. Funny, though, the only thing I did was to update my sound drivers (I use crappy onboard Realtek AC'97 codec).

i have now passed to BG2 in my replay with BGT and got some weird sound problems.
basically i uninstalled the Baldur's Gate + Tales of the Sword Coast sounds to play with BG2 sounds (since im actually playing BG2).
Worst thing ahppening is the music breaking or initializing all of a sudden, while most of the times I hear only ambient sounds and voices.

I also tried the Hybrid version of music but the same thing is happening...
Should I retry to install the BG1+TosC one?

I use the same driver as yours, Ascension, and they are really up to date, so I don't know where the problem may reside...

EDIT: correction: the Hybrid works fine with no interrupts BUT the music triggers really few times (i.e. no battle music)

Edited by Habardeen, 08 February 2008 - 06:53 AM.

#11 -Rince119-

-Rince119-

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:41 PM

@ascension

thank u for that information, thats all i needed:)
when the next BGT update(1.06) will come out?

#12 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:53 PM

i have now passed to BG2 in my replay with BGT and got some weird sound problems.
basically i uninstalled the Baldur's Gate + Tales of the Sword Coast sounds to play with BG2 sounds (since im actually playing BG2).
Worst thing ahppening is the music breaking or initializing all of a sudden, while most of the times I hear only ambient sounds and voices.

I also tried the Hybrid version of music but the same thing is happening...
Should I retry to install the BG1+TosC one?

I use the same driver as yours, Ascension, and they are really up to date, so I don't know where the problem may reside...

EDIT: correction: the Hybrid works fine with no interrupts BUT the music triggers really few times (i.e. no battle music)

Hmm, I don't know except for you to play around with the sound settings in-game, BGConfig, DirectX config, Control Panel, and so forth. I'm pretty sure its no longer the mod that's at fault now. If you get similar sound problems on a vanilla BG2 install, that suggests something.

I don't exactly know what you mean by uninstalling the BG1+TotSC sounds: are you uninstalling the entire BG1?
Anyway, if you like full BG2 music, I suggest you uninstall Setup-BGTMusic altogether, otherwise you get funny music.

thank u for that information, thats all i needed:)
when the next BGT update(1.06) will come out?

When it's done, which I hope is soon. :)

--------------
Retired Modder

#13 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:29 AM

Yep, I know what you mean. If you Alt-Tab out of the game and Alt-Tab back in, you actually hear the inn music play. With the music, sometimes it is delayed. I haven't the faintest idea what is causing it at the moment.

I noticed that music skips a lot on fast PCs. I couldn't find anyone else complaining about this on the 'net. Only thing as you say: you can force the music to start playing (but it may not loop again) by: alt-tab or auto-save.

You can also reduce cpu speed with Moslo or Turbo .. etc, but I have never found a slowdown app that works smoothly. the music plays but stutters like ****.

My best solution is to play on an old pc so I don't even have to worry about the crappy Geforce 88xx issues, but I sure miss the conveniece of playing the game silently from cd images on the hard drive :(

Sinick

#14 Sai

Sai
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:22 PM

Has the game reached a public domain state yet? Because I've had my WeiDU cd noise remover patch available for ages (but for obvious reasons can't make it available on shsforums). It's a regular WeiDU patch, so it would probably make a great many people happy. Still not going to post anything until I get the green light from this great website, which has served our community for so many years.

#15 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:11 AM

Err, no, I believe not. Please be warned that discussion about cracks, no cd patches, and other such software is not condoned on Spellhold Studios.

Edited by Ascension64, 07 May 2010 - 05:13 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#16 Sai

Sai
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 05:52 PM

Unfortunate, but fair, and I've always abided thoroughly by the forum rules, so not to worry.

I've been wondering, have you tried Dragon Age? According to Bioware it's supposedly a kind of successor to Baldur's Gate. But I've watched some previews, and it just doesn't seem to have the same kind of immersion.

I wonder if we'll ever receive a true succesor to Baldur's Gate (I and II plus expansions), as I find it to still be unparalleled in its gameplay, music, and storyline.