Comments about PoOC #27

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
198 replies to this topic

#1 Victoria

Victoria

Resident Pixie

• 1489 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:41 AM

Both Screenshooting Guides from Shadow' and Divine Avenger, along with Other Useful Tips and Tricks with contributions from Floydian1, trollf, Badmagic, Gadar, Spike, and an ever-growing list of others, have been moved to a separate thread:

Click Here for Screenshooting Guides and Other Useful Tips and Tricks

Click Here for Generating Faces in Oblivion: A Compilation of Guides, Tips and Tricks from the Community

Click Here for a List of Popular Animation Mods
Note: For the broken TESsource links, replace 'TESsource.net' with 'TESnexus.com' for the new links.

Please Read the Rules and Guidelines Before Posting (in "addition" to all the ones Spellhold Studios already require)

Winner of the most frequently given tip to new screenshooters, and deserving to be mentioned in the op:
To get rid of the HUD (Menu), use the console command "~", then "TM" to Toggle Menu Off/On. :)

And the runner up may be:
How to add a caption and get rid of ImageShack Ads/the Golden Frog, etc. Also, may be applicable for ridding other sites' ads.
One more: A short summary post of how to do an action screenshot.

New as of SHS Thread #1
A new feature, to the POOC Thread, is the attachment function for posting. Images up to 512kb can be attached in your post =)

Pictures of Oblivion Screenshots - Screenshot Thread #27 here

Edited by Floydian1, 15 February 2008 - 04:44 AM.

Posted Image
Click For My Screenshot Gallery
My Mods on TESNexus - deviantART
Thanks to Gizmodian for the wonderful sig!

#2 Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

That guy with the felt hat...

• 523 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 03:46 AM

:cheers: Happy Birthday VanQa! :cheers:
A moderate amount of evil is nature to all.
If one is to control their nature, then they
must accept both the light and the dark.

Doppler's Armory - I'll do something...eventually...

#3 VanQa

VanQa
  • 289 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 06:13 AM

:cheers: Happy Birthday VanQa! :cheers:

Thank you !!! :)

Posted Image
-o0o- My Photobucket -o00-

#4 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:02 AM

Happy Birthday VanQa

#5 Treetop Smoker

Treetop Smoker

サクラ-絶世の美女

• 593 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:04 AM

:cheers: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! VanQa :cheers:

Posted Image

#6 Kadaj X

Kadaj X
  • 362 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:50 AM

Happy Birthday VanQa!!

:cheers:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Made by Sinharvest ;)

#7 greatfool1

greatfool1
  • 351 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 03:43 PM

Estel: Alright, already! Yeah, VanQa is cool and it is her birthday, but hey look at me - am I hot or what?!!!

Posted Image

She IS very hot, VanQa.

Sylvan Afternoon

Very cool video! I particularly liked how well you kept the fighting going and filming at various angles simultaneously. :new_thumbs:

And yes, Happy Birthday!!!

Edited by greatfool1, 17 February 2008 - 03:45 PM.

#8 VanQa

VanQa
  • 289 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:11 AM

Estel: thank you thank you thank you thank you gf1 ! *smothers with hugs and kisses*

Posted Image

#9 greatfool1

greatfool1
  • 351 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:15 AM

Estel: thank you thank you thank you thank you gf1 ! *smothers with hugs and kisses*

gf1: OMG, Estel! You are most welcome! :wub:
Estel: I feel a little guilty, gf1. This incredible outfit was actually something I was going to give VanQa for her birthday, but I like it so much, I decided to keep it!

gf1: I see... Yeah, that is a magnificently regal outfit. It really looks great on you! So what did you give VanQa instead?
Estel: That picture of me in the outfit, silly!
gf1: But the way you are posing there kind of seems like you are saying: "VanQa, don't even try to get this outfit from me!"
Estel: Good! That should work then, right?
gf1: Whatever you say, Estel. :wub:

Great shots, VanQa!

Btw, in that video, I presume she is your main playing character (given the stat bars). How did you get her so involved in fighting and also angling the camera differently at times? Was that editing or ??? It looked very cool regardless.

#10 VanQa

VanQa
  • 289 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:43 AM

gf1: OMG, Estel! You are most welcome! :wub:

VanQa: hmpf Estel... *louder* ESTEL !!! Behave. Stop giving gf1 those looks...
Estel: But but but... he's so nice to me !!! Stop giving me that look too! You're not getting this suit...
VanQa: No fair. You get all the nice clothes...

Btw, in that video, I presume she is your main playing character (given the stat bars). How did you get her so involved in fighting and also angling the camera differently at times? Was that editing or ??? It looked very cool regardless.

The character is Estel and she is my main yes. Her hair looks different a bit cuz of wig and the head gear hehe. I really didnt do anything fancy other then hitting the button sometimes so fraps would start recording things. Here and there i turned the menu off or used the TFC mode to float around :) No other editing at all except for the editing of putting all the bits of footage together into one movie.

Posted Image

#11 greatfool1

greatfool1
  • 351 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:32 AM

:lol:

The character is Estel and she is my main yes. Her hair looks different a bit cuz of wig and the head gear hehe. I really didnt do anything fancy other then hitting the button sometimes so fraps would start recording things. Here and there i turned the menu off or used the TFC mode to float around :) No other editing at all except for the editing of putting all the bits of footage together into one movie.

Well you are a lot better at video shooting than me. I only have my companions doing stuff because they will fight automatically and more or less sanely. Every time I tried a fight with my pc and then TFC, the pc would get walloped and twisted around, and be swinging away at a wall or whatever. Companions make it a lot easier in this regard.

Other than a dance video with the Adoring Fan I posted a while ago, I haven't filmed anything worth putting on Youtube. I have gotten quite a few views with the AF video though - must have something to do with the Key Words: Sexy, funny, Oblivion, Adoring Fan... heheh... Marketing 101. Here it is ... again:

Edited by greatfool1, 18 February 2008 - 11:34 AM.

#12 VanQa

VanQa
  • 289 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:01 PM

Hehehe love that movie!

Posted Image

#13 Andaius

Andaius
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:25 PM

Kalia I love the new outfits Who does the Archmage have to kill in Cyrodil to get these Exnemized? Wonderful work!
Posted Image Of wonderful Companions!

#14 VanQa

VanQa
  • 289 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:44 PM

oooo now that is a really good idea Andaius. I'd love to see those exnemized too !

Posted Image

#15 kalia

kalia
  • 454 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:30 AM

Well, quite a few pieces use Babarized version of exnem bits - and almost everything else is BAB stuff, and I believe those are already exnemized, yes? The meshes I've done are fairly simple (cause I'm a total beginner at Blender) modifications of BAB meshes, so I'd think whoever exnemized the BAB stuff wouldn't have much problem exnemizing those. 'Course Floydian'd have to give his ok too. Oh, and we might have to actually release the mod first. :P

Tho I could suggest y'all switch back to BAB. :devil:

#16 greatfool1

greatfool1
  • 351 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:20 AM

@ VanQa - Thanks! Companions dancing are even easier to control than their fighting - that is for sure. Though editing took me forever - I think I spent at least 12 hours on that video. It was a lot harder and way more time-consuming than I thought it would be - and of course I kept finding little ways to make it a little bit better... repeat endlessly ... I still see way too many flaws in it. Heheh.

Tho I could suggest y'all switch back to BAB. :devil:

Yours and Floydian's work are making this more and more tempting, Kalia. I asked at one point on CI if anyone knew whether there would be any issues with all my companions (mostly from Divine Avenger) if I went back to BABs, but no one ever responded, so I didn't do it.

Regardless, the collages and clothing look incredible!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Any ETA for the release yet?

Edited by greatfool1, 19 February 2008 - 07:22 AM.

#17 VanQa

VanQa
  • 289 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:44 AM

mmm as beautifull as i think the clothes are, I simply like the Exnem body better then the Bab one :( soooo ! this girl will hope to see all the lubly clothing exnemized one day :wub: :wub:

Edited by VanQa, 19 February 2008 - 09:45 AM.

Posted Image

#18 Andaius

Andaius
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:59 AM

Kalia, unfortunately Zhu, who was working on the BaB dress convertion hit a bad case of RL and has put the converstion on pause for the forseeable future. So unless some new person is going to pick up it may be very long indeed before we see anything BaB converted over. You've make wonderful outfits that so tempt me to try them to see how well they work using them with Exnem just to have the outfits! However you'd earn my and lots of folks down in the EC's community's eternal gratitute and be an instant Hero to all of us if you did mangae to take this on. (hint hint) :P

You and Floydian do wonderful work, I love to see the new stuff you cook up. You, and Sinblood are the two author's I'd love to see make stuff for Exnem aswell. Keep up the good work!
Posted Image Of wonderful Companions!

#19 Rumpleteasza

Rumpleteasza

Bargain-Bin Bondgirl

• 288 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:12 PM

:D Ryu - I'm really starting to want a Glenn companion so I can do my own shots! I love these ones you're posting <3

Kalia, those outfits are gorgeous - every time I think you're finished, you churn out another one, and they are all so beautiful! I don't recognise the pose you're using a lot now - where's that from?
New avatar in honour of SeV/Jade, because everyone knows Jade brings all the (elves? Humans? Tabaxi? Let's just say girls, shall we?) to the yard.
Well... not quite so appropriate now I changed it. Sorry, Jadikins. <3 <3

The King and I
The Emperor and I

#20 Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

That guy with the felt hat...

• 523 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:49 PM

:D Ryu - I'm really starting to want a Glenn companion so I can do my own shots! I love these ones you're posting <3

Glad you like them. :blush: Shamanih has been pretty fun to adventure around with. On those few times that I've actually sat down and played the game without working on modding at least. :lol: Terminerai's heightmap/landmass is being so relentless right now. I've actually had to redo the whole thing because the beach was too receded. <_<

Anyway, I might be persuaded for certain other things in private discussion. ;)
A moderate amount of evil is nature to all.
If one is to control their nature, then they
must accept both the light and the dark.

Doppler's Armory - I'll do something...eventually...