Fiction Contest Winners

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 06:54 PM

The voting has ended and we now have the results of the Spellhold Studios' Fiction Contest!

We had a two way tie for first place, and a three way tie for second.

1st KedorLao
The Soul of Company

1st vilkacis
Grand Theft Cookies

2nd Choo Choo
The Mightiest Foe Ever

2nd Lysan Lurraxol
Shades of Scarlet

2nd K'aeloree
Inmates in Arms

Congratulation to all of you fantastic authors! Please take a look at the prize story artist list, winners:
  • Ilmatar picked by Choo Choo
  • whatbrick picked by KedorLao
  • SpAE "picked" by K'aeloree
  • Orthodoxia picked by vilkacis
  • Galsic picked by Lysan Lurraxol
Due to the excessive ties, I have rolled to deduce who will be picking first, though obviously the first place winners pick before those who won second place. KedorLao may pick first, followed by vilkacis, Choo Choo, Lysan Lurraxol, and K'aeloree. Please drop a line here in this topic and choose the authors so they can get to work!

All authors names have been added to the entry thread(first post only) now so you can go check who made what. ;) A big thanks to everybody who participated - all pieces were fantastic and the contest was a lot of fun!

Edited by Ilmatar, 16 February 2008 - 01:03 PM.
changes in the artist list! sorry about that.

"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#2 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 07:00 PM

Congratulation to all of you.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
:Bow::Bow::Bow::Bow::Bow:

Don't forget to make an artist request to receive an artwork for your entry.

PS: Yes I only just realized it actually was the 16th by GMT time. I point to my avvy and say it fits.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

#3 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 07:06 PM

Congratulations all! Every single entry here was really enjoyable... :D :cheers:

#4 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 07:13 PM

I haven't even read them all yet.

*Goes to read vilk's Lysan's Kae's and Decados' entries.*

#5 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 03:21 AM

Hurray! Congratulations to the winners! :cheers: The ties only prove how high quality all the stories were.

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#6 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 04:09 AM

just as planned

*ahem*

I mean, wow, what a pleasant surprise.

*cough*

#7 KedorLao

KedorLao
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 07:09 AM

This was a lot of fun and the tight race just shows how good the entries were!

Oh man, but now I have to pick someone. Hmmm... we seem to have quite a few really good artists. I think I'll pick whatbrick.

Though Lady Lesatho's portraits are really well done...

And Ilmatar's stuff looks really good...

But then again, Orthodoxia's drawings are really impressive...

Arrrgggg....

Alright. I'll choose whatbrick.

#8 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 07:48 AM

Whoo! I'm sure whatbrick will get to work soonish. Now it's vilkacis' turn - who's it gonna be?

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#9 vilkacis

vilkacis

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:11 AM

Orthodoxia.

My only request is that you try to fit the rat in there somewhere.

#10 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:20 AM

Coolness! Next to pick is Choo Choo - go ahead love! If someone needs examples of our work, I'll be glad to throw in some links.

EDIT:
I am so sorry, folks! There has been a mix up in the artist list in the first post of this thread. Lady Lesatho is not supposed to be there, but Galsic is. I'm fixing the problem right now. If someone wants to reconsider, that's okay, it's our fault that the list was wrong. ;) Sorry about that everyone!

SpAE's gallery
Ilmatar's gallery
Galsic's gallery

Edited by Ilmatar, 16 February 2008 - 10:40 AM.

#11 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:52 AM

I missed an update? :doh:

#12 vilkacis

vilkacis

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 11:03 AM

I find it way too amusing how those two smilies don't sync. :D

kellen.gif

#13 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:01 PM

I find it amusing how every time I reload it seems that all four of them change when they hit.

#14 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:07 PM

Unless KedorLao or vilkacis wants to change their picks... Hey Ilmy, I think I'll go with you! :)

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#15 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:28 PM

:D Okay! I'll re-read yours and get to work soonish. :)

Lysan Lyrraxol's turn to pick! Two more artists left. :)

#16 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 01:00 PM

Wow. I'm kinda surprised I managed to come joint second. :o ^_^

Hmm, let's see...Galsic, I choose you!

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70?s and 80?s. Experience AD&D?s greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Classic Adventures Visit our homepage at Classic Adventures Homepage

#17 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 01:02 PM

Yay! That means K'aeloree gets SpAE to make his illustration.

Artists! Get to work!

#18 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 01:29 PM

*EEP!!* I's gonna be busy this month :) . Oh man, where to start where to start where to start where to start where to start...
(I like parentheses.)

#19 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 02:02 PM

Yay! That means K'aeloree gets SpAE to make his illustration.

Artists! Get to work!

Sheesh, Ilmy! How do you do that. I was going to mark them off, send a pm to the artists, and I come here and boom you've got it all taken care of. :cheers:

#20 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 02:22 PM

Awesome! :D Can't wait to see how the stories are interpreted... *cheers*