Can't get to Salamander Island

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 billymas2005

billymas2005
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:34 AM

ok,here's how my progress so far:

I have terminate all the sirine & fire salamanders ordered by Nadalin(include those in the cave too),
then i spoke to Skipper,but it seem that he doesnt recognize that i have killed the monsters for him.....
so he just mentioning about "i hope the devil can be killed some days......"
Then i just leave him alone & report to Nadalin,
he said should i need any help can find him at the north coast.

Then i went back to the Gate to kill Sarevok,
rescue Yness's hubby & Magnad's 2 children from the Field of the Dead,
finished Durlag's Tower,killed the summoned demon,talk to Reedrig & Temple of Black Hand appear on my map,
went to Wolfwere island & sirine island.

then after i finished the Northern Citadel quest(Satos is alive but Eldod is missing after talked with Krotan),
i talk to Avery about the locked altar,
he just mention about a mage named Monoach have it,
but just never mention anything about the island of ice salamanders(As according from the walkthrough).
Then i just ignore him & go directly to the north coast to talk with Nadalin.

But when i talk to Nadalin I have no such dialogue option mentioning about sending me to salamander island,
no matter how many time i talk with Nadalin i still end up with the only "just here to see how you're doing" option.......

Did i screw up something?
How to set the global so that i can talk to Nadalin about getting to salamander island?

#2 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 02:58 PM

I have terminate all the sirine & fire salamanders ordered by Nadalin(include those in the cave too),
then i spoke to Skipper,but it seem that he doesnt recognize that i have killed the monsters for him.....

finished Durlag's Tower,killed the summoned demon,talk to Reedrig & Temple of Black Hand appear on my map,

then after i finished the Northern Citadel quest(Satos is alive but Eldod is missing after talked with Krotan),
but just never mention anything about the island of ice salamanders(As according from the walkthrough).

But when i talk to Nadalin I have no such dialogue option mentioning about sending me to salamander island,
no matter how many time i talk with Nadalin i still end up with the only "just here to see how you're doing" option.......

How to set the global so that i can talk to Nadalin about getting to salamander island?

Nadalin has a reputation requirement. What is your rep?

It takes a village...

#3 billymas2005

billymas2005
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 03:42 PM

Nadalin has a reputation requirement. What is your rep?

my current rep is around 13-15 IIRC......
What is the minimum requirement then?
i have tried to donate to the chapel to raise my reputation to 18,
but still no luck......

Edited by billymas2005, 24 February 2008 - 04:03 PM.

#4 billymas2005

billymas2005
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 04:20 PM

ok,i do his quest after i killed sarevok,
but before i kill sarevok i have acidentally killed another flaming fist soldirer,
which drop my reputation to around 10-12....
so IIRC,after i finished killing the monsters then talk to Nadalin in baldur's gate my reputation should be around 10-12.....
My question is,
the first time i speak with him after i done my quest he recognize my reputation is 10,
then will he never talk to me again until i raise it until 13?
Does donating to the chapel will do the trick?
If not,which global should i reset in order to back to the time i just killed Humbaba?

#5 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 04:58 PM

but before i kill sarevok i have acidentally killed another flaming fist soldirer,
so IIRC,after i finished killing the monsters then talk to Nadalin in baldur's gate my reputation should be around 10-12.....
My question is,
the first time i speak with him after i done my quest he recognize my reputation is 10,
If not,which global should i reset in order to back to the time i just killed Humbaba?

Rep needs to be GT 12 when you 1st talk to him. Try CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("HelpNadalin","GLOBAL",2)

It takes a village...

#6 billymas2005

billymas2005
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 09:20 PM

My question is,

Rep needs to be GT 12 when you 1st talk to him. Try CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("HelpNadalin","GLOBAL",2)

So do you mean that "the 1st time talk to him" is when i receive his quest?
If that's so,my rep on that time is 20,shouldn't be any problem.
ok.....been there,done that.
Now my reputation is 18 i set my global as you instructed,
but i still get the same dialogue options "we're here to see how are u doing".......

#7 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 06:28 AM

My question is,

but i still get the same dialogue options "we're here to see how are u doing".......

It'll have to wait til I get to that part so I can see what's going on in game.

It takes a village...

#8 GPRO

GPRO
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:15 PM

So there was more to the fire salamander quest? Just thought that ingrate of a fisherman was bugged and did not give me xp for finishing the quest.

#9 superbai

superbai
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:47 PM

My question is,

It'll have to wait til I get to that part so I can see what's going on in game.

I'm stuck here too... GOGO erebusant!!!

#10 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:49 PM

Where are u stucked?

Did Nadalin give the quest to you? U should speak to him in BG city then go in sirine's area...let me know where are u stucked,

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#11 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 12:52 AM

There is a Salamander Island, too for this mod!? Check my name on the list for those that missed that as well. Nadalin gave the quest for me in BG docks, then I go to Northern Coast area (Lighthouse Sirine area) and I beat the fire Salamanders. I talk to Nadalin again in BG to finish the quest. I thought the fisherman didn't have anything important to say. Boy I missed something. Damn I have got to reload my old BG1 game.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#12 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:17 AM

There is a Salamander Island, too for this mod!? Check my name on the list for those that missed that as well. Nadalin gave the quest for me in BG docks, then I go to Northern Coast area (Lighthouse Sirine area) and I beat the fire Salamanders. I talk to Nadalin again in BG to finish the quest. I thought the fisherman didn't have anything important to say. Boy I missed something. Damn I have got to reload my old BG1 game.

Yep there is indeed! Ice Salamnder too ... never done that?

mm75

#13 GPRO

GPRO
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:05 AM

So i think Skipper is missing something to end his quest (if it is only the fire salamenders on the north and in the cave).

Also found that Nedalin in BG harbor just outside the bordelship. Now why can't that rep requirement be conpletely erased? It's nonsense if you ask me, to need exactly 12 points to do the quest. I'm stuck on 20 points as far as i can remember. unless it is an evil quest, but then again the rep requirement should be 8 or less.

#14 Oldwolf

Oldwolf
  • 141 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:15 AM

It doesn't need to be 12 exactly just above 12 when you talk to him.
To get the quest dialoge about him going back to his boat you need to have killed the two fire salamander brothers and Sil at the north coast. He should then tell you thanks and that should set the HelpNadalin global to 2 and he should dissappear. then you can find him next to his boat on the north coast and he should be willing to take you to the Ice Salamanders Island.This is the global setting to talk to him when he's at the north coast by his boat and you need to go to the ice salamander island.

Global("HelpNadalin","GLOBAL",2)

As for the rep requirement that's only for the initial talk that it has to be above 12, after you talk to him first time with a rep of 13 or more the next time you talk to him there is a path split for good evil so your rep can be anything.

Edited by Oldwolf, 27 March 2008 - 05:17 AM.

#15 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:49 AM

Hey I thought he was supposed to say something else like at his boat. So after I beat the fire Salamander club, I go back to BG docks and talk to Nadalin to complete quest. Then am I supposed to meet him back at the Northern Coast area or does he have a boat in BG docks to go to the island? This is really getting confusing, I hope I have a save back there ....
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#16 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:09 AM

BEWARE SPOILERS !!!!!!

The order of the quest is:

1) After u've spoken for the 1st time with Nadalin (in the new area similar to the BG1 sirine's one) u have to come back to BG where Nadalin is near the "boat" tavern (i don't remember the name).
2) Then u go AGAIN in the new Area (Northern Coast) then Nadalin send you to the Salamander Island.
3) Maendar says you to destroy the Cult
4) after u've destroyed the cult you need to come back to Northern Coast

mm75

#17 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:39 AM

YaY!!! mm75 thanks for your mini-walkthrough. From the posted walkthrough, I just got to talk to Nadalin so I was doing that in BG first. Order of events were messed, that is all. For me the Northern Coast looks like the BG1 lighthouse map area. So I go there first and see Nadalin for the first time, correct?

- King Diamond

#18 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 11:19 AM

I'm soooooo going to fix this mod up so it's not so confusing to follow once I get to it again!!! Good news, the Ghotal XP fix worked, as per Oldwolf, so that'll be incorporated too.

It takes a village...

#19 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 11:55 AM

Are there two General Ghotals in anyone's game or is my game just special?

- King Diamond

#20 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 12:02 PM

Are there two General Ghotals in anyone's game or is my game just special?

No it's "normal" :-)))

mm75