5 replies to this topic

#1 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 11:14 PM

Challenge #11: Magic Inteview with Elminster

The following is a parody on pre-existing humor and there is no guarantee you'll leave this place partially sane. :devil:

It?s a quarter past spotty blueberry noodle, and we join our news correspondent Larry Oxlungs in a one on one interview with the wandering wacky arch-mage Elminster.

~********~

Larry: Welcome to the program Elminster.

Elminster: Great to be here Brian.

Larry: Larry.

Elminster: But I did pay thy fine Brian.

Larry: ... right, err anyway ? you have been around a long time Elminster.

Elminster: Aye that I have Brian.

Larry: As one of the Forgotten Realm?s most renowned mages, what does it feel like, to be a master of the arcane?

Elminster: Oh now that is one long tale child Brian, some components of magic are beyond the words of the planes even. Thou would spend more years than I have been alive to know it all. Oh did I ever mention how it feels?

Larry: Technically that is what I?m asking.

Elminster: Oh don?t be in such a rush Brian some things must be taken slow, just ask Mystra.

Larry: But.. Mystra?s a goddess.

Elminster: Ye speak like you know in from personal experience Brian, well I tell you now Brian, no one does the?

Larry: Please Elminster there are minors listening!

Elminster: Well I beg ye pardon Brian but I?ve never eaten bananas.

Larry: I understand recently you had a touch of wild magic, what was that like.

Elminster: By Tymora?s grace Brian! There are minors watching!

Larry: It was just a question.

Elminster: I think you need to spend some time off that... what was it these kids are all flocking to these days?

Larry: YouTube?

Elminster: Poodles yes that it, no more poodles for you Brian.

Larry: But I own a poodle.

Elminster: That?s evil Brian, flares died in the 80s.

Larry: I think this interview has gotten out of control, thank you for your time Elminster.

Elminster: Great to be here Brian.

That?s all folks.

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:16 AM

Didn't I tell you? And the seconds are gone, dance puppet, dance! :devil:

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:42 AM

:lol: :D :lol:

Very nice, Solar. I especially liked-

Please, Kellen, there are minors listening.

Oh right. Erm, I liked it.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#4 Scipio

Scipio

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

• 1790 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:16 PM

Thanks, that's the most information I've ever had about Elminster. I have known nothing about him (seriously) except that he wears the biggest hat in the Realms. But we still don't know if he magically enchanted his prostate to work properly at his advanced age. Could your interviewer get back to him on that one, please? And maybe also ask if all of Elminster's vegetables have to be boiled into slop.
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.
See, it helps not to believe all the stuff that philosophers spout.

#5 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:44 PM

Tsk tsk Kellen :P Glad you liked it. :D

And that's a sound idea Jarno, yes dance ^^

Could your interviewer get back to him on that one, please? And maybe also ask if all of Elminster's vegetables have to be boiled into slop.

Oh I think we can drag Brian back into the studio for another chat with Mr E.

Larry: Larry! IT'S LARRY!

What'd you say Brian? The cat ate all the chips? :blink:

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#6 DalreïDal

DalreïDal
  • 439 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:43 PM

*grins* mfp. hehe.
"I set on this journey trying to understand why has metal been stereotyped, dismissed, and condemned. My answer is this: if, listening to that music, you don't get that overwhelming rush of power that makes the hair stand at the back of your neck, you may never will. But you know what, it doesn't really matter. Because, judging from the 40 000 people around me, we're doing just fine without ya." :) Cheers! And two horns up for metalheads all around the world!