Glitch(I think)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 --Zerus45--

--Zerus45--

Posted 12 March 2008 - 09:52 PM

Not sure if this has come up before but for some reason after I gave my money to Gaelen Bayle, Arledrian vanished with no explanation. I am actually not sure if this is even a glitch or part of the mod. I went to buy the glasses of ID and he was gone. I assume this is a cross mod conflict since I have many mods installed. But I have never had this issue come up until I tried a file with the beyond the law mod. If this isn't a glitch just tell me and I will leave you alone :-). Thank you for your time.

#2 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:44 AM

This might be a glitch caused by a trigger that removes Arledrian from the game. However it is supposed to happen only significantly later in the Mod, after one of the arcs that involves Arledrian fires.

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#3 --Zerus45--

--Zerus45--

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:50 AM

Interesting, so far he hasn't had any involvement in the mod. That was actually only the second time I had gone to talk to him. The first time I went to buy the glasses of ID and didn't have enough. The only other mod I have that affects Arledrian is rogue rebalancing. Do you think that may have somehow caused the trigger to fire early? I don't really know anything about moding....

#4 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:04 AM

Send me your saved game I'll try to look at it :)

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...

#5 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:37 AM

Rogue Rebalancing does indeed remove Arledrian from Gaelan's house at some point if you're working for the Shadow Thieves. Talking to Gaelan and Marina will provide the necessary clues to find him again, or just highlight for spoiler:
Spoiler

Note that once Arledrian's gone, you can access his store by talking to Gaelan.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#6 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 05:42 PM

Ah Ok. My recommendations - get Arledrian back ASAP ^^;;; you'll need him for later part of BTL.

#7 --Zerus45--

--Zerus45--

Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:35 PM

ahh ok umm do I just force spawn him with CLUA? If so whats his code if anyone knows it. Thank you :-).

#8 --Zerus45--

--Zerus45--

Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:36 PM

ahh ok umm do I just force spawn him with CLUA? If so whats his code if anyone knows it. Thank you :-).

oo I just saw the post above yours ok I will go find him thank you

#9 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:43 PM

Ah Ok. My recommendations - get Arledrian back ASAP ^^;;; you'll need him for later part of BTL.

Hmm, we might have a case of conceptual incompatibility here.

In Rogue Rebalancing, Arledrian either dies or leaves for good (player's choice) once the Silverblaze quest is finished. For now, I'll mark the "Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards" component of RR (which features that quest) as incompatible with BTL, though I'll see if I can find a workaround for this issue in some future version of RR.

#10 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:19 AM

Zerus - if you saw that post, try to get the ending where Arledrian leaves. in BTL even if you can't find him he'll spawn somewhere and talk to you once a timer is expired... I don't remember running a DV check so he might do so even if otherwise "dead". your only loss as a player is the "waiting" time lol.

#11 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:32 AM

A possible workaround: I can put Arledrian's Silverblaze quest within an ACTION_IF block which checks for a BTL specific file (i.e. Z#0041.ARE). That way, I can prevent my quest from being installed if BTL is detected and the BTL plot can then proceed as usual.

Naturally, this would only work if RR is installed after BTL. What do you think, Zyraen?

#12 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:46 AM

I think just run a check for Kova and Kiyone in the Party. If they are, check a Trigger (I can give you the trigger) that makes the Silverblaze Quest start once the Trial for BTL is over. This way as long as the player does not have K&K in the party on that particular run, they will still be able to experience your Mod content ; and if they do have K&K, they can experience the Mod content after BTL Trial (if Arledrian is still alive).

This also makes Installation Order a non-issue.

Its similar to the Accelerated Ust Natha :) It only happens if certain conditions are met, otherwise the game just proceeds as normal. Similarly, I feel Silverblaze should run normally UNLESS BTL Characters are in the party.

#13 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:52 AM

I think just run a check for Kova and Kiyone in the Party. If they are, check a Trigger (I can give you the trigger) that makes the Silverblaze Quest start once the Trial for BTL is over.

The thing is, that quest is connected to one of Aran's tasks in Chapter 3 (concerning the Shadow Thief traitors) but yes, I could use a global for preventing the quest from starting if BTL is active. I was thinking of using:

GlobalGT("KovaJoinedB4","LOCALS",0)

as a means of detecting BTL Would that be ok?

#14 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:17 PM

Doesn't work, since you can't detect a LOCALS variable from a Global setting anyway. Just use InPartyAllowDead checks will do, its simple enough :)

#15 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 12:55 AM

Right on, I didn't notice it was a LOCALS variable. I'll just use InPartyAllowDead("Kiyone") and InPartyAllowDead("Kova") then.

BTW, this didn't make it into RR v3.9 but I'll put it into the next update. Cheers!

#16 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 09:55 PM

The conceptual incompatibility issue between the "Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards" component of Rogue Rebalancing and the "Beyond the Law" mod has been resolved as of RR v3.91. In order to prevent the incompatibility, Arledrian's new quest which is introduced by Rogue Rebalancing will not occur if Kova or Kiyone are in the party.