Help with mod order "not BP"

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 --Bereth Darkides--

--Bereth Darkides--

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:35 AM

Hi folks, I have given up on BP, so what I'm looking for is the most compatible mod list that goes with TS 7.01 (the new one Vlad just completes).

I was told that Baldurdash works as well. I am open to some suggestions so any help would be super nice of anyone. I have spent two days online trying to go through ideas but a compatibilty list doesn't exist so I don't believe this to be a stupid question.

I do not want to even attempt to install BGT or BP, becuase of the number of bugs. I don't want to scream at my game anymore, I just want to play and have fun. Of all the mods that I liked over the years hands down best so far is Tortured Souls, so Vlad,, you have my vote.

Information on any smaller mods that go with this would be a great help. Thanks in advance.

End result is,,,, bug free or at the least very minor bugs that won't destroy core game quests!

#2 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:42 AM

Tortured Souls? Fun and well-written and bug-free? Um. My experiences and my impressions aside... well. From what I recall, Vlad claimed even the Banter Packs(the simplest mod ever) didn't work with his mods, so you've been warned.

But as for the regular, TS-free playthrough:

Sword Coast Stratagems for tactics(I've only tried the Tutu part, though);
Dungeon Crawl, Assassinations, Tower of Deception for quest mods;
Banter Packs, Flirt Packs, Romantic Encounters and IEP Banters for enhancing the overall experience;
Nalia de'Arnise romance or Fade romance for the male PC;
Angelo, Kivan, Keto or Xan as mod companions.

Check IE Modding news at Gibberlings3: there've been plenty of releases, from the new Luxley Family and Six's Kitpack to beautiful One Pixels Productions graphics.

#3 SirLancelot

SirLancelot
  • 356 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:09 AM

Even if you are not going to install BP, TS last BP-compatible version (6.10, if i recall correctly) should be the most solid plattaform to begin with.

Edited by SirLancelot, 14 March 2008 - 10:09 AM.

Where men gather, a bustle of chaos ensues. I would save them all, if I could.

#4 -Bareth Darkides-

-Bareth Darkides-

Posted 14 March 2008 - 12:45 PM

Other installs I was thinking about is:

BG2 Fixpack (instead of baldurdash)
SoA FixPack v3.61 and ToB FixPack v1.12 (is this Baldurdash,,will it be compatible or conflict with BG2 Fixpack)
Quest Pack
Tortured Souls v7.01 (new vlad release)
Freedoms Reign/Reign of Virtue
Item Upgrade
Solaufein : v103
Weimer's item upgrade
Assension v 111/Redemption
Unholy Gate Opening Ritual Book
Gibberlings Three Anniversary Mod
Paladins Of Fearun
Planar Sphere Mod
Planar Sphere Return Mod
Sylmar Battlefield
The Holy Hand Grenade Minimod
Tower of Deception
Unfinished Business
NPC Flirt Packs
Romantic Encounters
WTP Familiars or cbisson's Familiar Pack (will these two conflict)
Teleport Spell
16 Powerful New Items by Gamesembry [Non-Weidu]
BG2SoA Items
Improved Anvil

BG2 Tweak Pack (NOTE:This mod includes and deprecates several other mods: the G3 Tweak Pack, the Tutu Tweak Pack, and Wes Weimer's Ease of Use mod)
Should it be used or obviosly not

Note: I have seen some bug reports regarding Ease of use, will it work in the above case?

Wondering about "Check the bodies", but do I need world map install for this?
Weimer's Tactics mod

That's my list of wants. Now...erm,,, will it work?
Open for any suggestions on the above!
Thanks

#5 --Bereth Darkides--

--Bereth Darkides--

Posted 14 March 2008 - 12:53 PM

Also remember, I will report any bugs, and the solidity of the game thus my result will potientialy be pinnable.

I hope to call it, The Bug Free Tortured Souls Mega Mod. And package the full mods/list and isntallation so that any dummy like myself can simply download, install and then enjoy.

(something that realy need to be done for other dummies like myself!

#6 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 03:58 PM

No. :P

SoA FixPack v3.61 and ToB FixPack v1.12 (is this Baldurdash,,will it be compatible or conflict with BG2 Fixpack)

Use only the G3 fixpack

Vlad's version needs his baldurdash, use Tortured Souls (BP compatible version), v6.10 found here at ShS.

Improved Anvil

Will not work with

Item Upgrade
Weimer's item upgrade

Are thes 2 the same mod??

Ease of use

Use G3 Tweakpack instead.

Good Luck!

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#7 --Bereth Darkides--

--Bereth Darkides--

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:38 PM

No. :P

Use only the G3 fixpack

Vlad's version needs his baldurdash, use Tortured Souls (BP compatible version), v6.10 found here at ShS.

Improved Anvil

Will not work with

Item Upgrade
Weimer's item upgrade

Are thes 2 the same mod??

Ease of use

Use G3 Tweakpack instead.

Good Luck!

Why would I use v6.10 when it has been proven to have bugs, when he just released a new fixed version?

#8 --Bereth Darkides--

--Bereth Darkides--

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:50 PM

OK so according to you;

The BG2 Fixpack and Baldurdash (as you say needed for Tortured souls..but what about the bugs and conflicts between the two ,but also hints to install baldurdash before bg2 fixpack)
BG2 Tweak Pack
Quest Pack
Weimer's item upgrade
Unholy Gate Opening Ritual Book
Paladins Of Fearun
Planar Sphere Mod
Planar Sphere Return Mod
Sylmar Battlefield
The Holy Hand Grenade Minimod
Tower of Deception
Unfinished Business
NPC Flirt Packs
Romantic Encounters
WTP Familiars or cbisson's Familiar Pack (will these two conflict)
Teleport Spell
16 Powerful New Items by Gamesembry [Non-Weidu]
BG2SoA Items

Is this what your suggesting Chevalier?
if so, any idea on an installation order?

#9 --Bereth Darkides--

--Bereth Darkides--

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:55 PM

remember. I an Not installing BGT or BP or world map..

#10 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 08:59 AM

Worry not, your game will have enough bugs and crashes even without it. :)

#11 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:23 AM

You can install baldurdash 1.6 something
TS 7.01
NeJ2 691 with patch 693
Improved Anvil (before TS and NeJ2) can't remember why but more info in the NeJ forums at BWL. Vlad recommended that for me.
Tower of Deception is supposed to be pretty compatible with Vlad's mods.

I am not sure about compatibility issues with IA and some things like UB as well as NeJ2 and the Boo kidnapped quest of UB. Maybe just that component could be left out.

From Sikret's read me of version 5

List of mods which should NOT be installed with Improved Anvil:
==============================================================

Improved Anvil is compatible with the majority of other mods, however, there are a few mods (or
mod-components) which should not be installed with Improved Anvil if you want to have a bugfree
game (some of them are technically incompatible with Improved Anvil, some others are conceptually
problematic and some others are bugged regardless of their compatibility with Improved Anvil).
Also, for any given mod, if more than 50% of the mod's content is known to be incompatible with
Improved Anvil (while the other 50% is untested or dubious), the entire mod is listed as
incompatible for more safety).

This is the list of the known mods and/or mod-components which should not be installed if you
intend to install and play Imporved Anvil:

1- Item Upgrade
2- Spell50
3- Ascension
4- Tactics (and any other mod which adds tactical challenges to the game)
5- Improved Battles
6- Big picture
7- SCS II
8- Any other mod which has or uses detectable stats (tactical mods generally, but some other mods
may also have it. So, before installing any mod, read its readme file very carefully and if
you see any reference to detectable stats or spells, don't install it.)
9- Amber NPC
10- Kelsey NPC
11- Divine Remix
12- Oversight (and any other mod which tampers with creatures' alignments)
13- G3's BG2 Fixpack
14- G3's BG2 Tweakpack
15- D0-Tweakpack
16- Unfinished Business
17- Quest Pack
18- Ashes of Ember
19- PS-tele and/or any other mod which adds teleportation ability to the party
20- Ruad (and any other itempack with powerful items)
21- Refinements (and any other mod which adds new HLAs or adds resistance to physical damage to
armors)
22- Any mod which adds new bardsongs or new types of traps (or modifies the existent ones)
23- Any spellpack which modifies the game's existent spells or adds new spells to the game (if
those new spells are available to players) .
24- Auramaster Druid Kit (Improved Anvil includes the kit, you should not install it separately)
25- Riskbreaker Kit (Improved Anvil includes the kit, you should not install it separately)
26- The following components of Ease-Of-Use:
- Multi-Player Kick Out Patch
- Rest Anywhere
27- The following components of "Rogue Rebalancing":
- Bard kit revisions
- Bard High Level Ability revisions
- Thief kit revisions

Note(1): It's also recommended not to install "Saerileth NPC", "Valen NPC", "Solaufein NPC" and
"Planar Sphere mod" with Improved Anvil.
Note(2): Dungeon-be-gone is compatible with Improved Anvil; however, Improved Anvil's "Item
Randomizer" program initiates in that area at the beginning of the game and it takes a
few seconds before it can fully initiate. On slower computers it may take about 40
seconds (after the initial auto-save), on faster computers, it can be done faster. The
point is that you should not rush to talk to that fellow and leave the area too quickly.
You don't need to do anything special, just stay in the area long enough to see the
message "Item Randomizer successfully initiated" and then you can leave the dungeon
without any problem.
Note(3): "The Four" version 3 is compatible with Improved Anvil and is the *only* mod which can
be installed *after* Improved Anvil. Older versions of "The Four" are incompatible.

Hope that answers some of your questions. Good Luck!!

Edited by Hoppy, 15 March 2008 - 10:38 AM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#12 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:28 AM

I think someone tested the new TS with SCS2 but I am not sure how that panned out.

edit: nope it was with tactics

Edited by Hoppy, 15 March 2008 - 10:57 AM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#13 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 12:18 PM

As Kulyok says in her very Russian way you will get many bugs with that install. You should not install both BG2 Fixpack and Baldurdash, pick one. If you to pick Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.6.5 then install TS v7.01 or if you pick G3 BG2 Fixpack then install TS-BP v6.10.

If you install Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.6.5 I think you should not install any of these mods with TSv7.01

BG2 Tweak Pack
Quest Pack
Weimer's item upgrade
Planar Sphere Mod
Planar Sphere Return Mod
Tower of Deception
Unfinished Business
NPC Flirt Packs
Romantic Encounters

Hoppy is very correct about Improved Anvil, if you want to play it (I have not) just do it without any of those mods.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#14 --Bereth Darkides--

--Bereth Darkides--

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:23 PM

As Kulyok says in her very Russian way you will get many bugs with that install. You should not install both BG2 Fixpack and Baldurdash, pick one. If you to pick Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.6.5 then install TS v7.01 or if you pick G3 BG2 Fixpack then install TS-BP v6.10.

If you install Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.6.5 I think you should not install any of these mods with TSv7.01

BG2 Tweak Pack
Quest Pack
Weimer's item upgrade
Planar Sphere Mod
Planar Sphere Return Mod
Tower of Deception
Unfinished Business
NPC Flirt Packs
Romantic Encounters

Hoppy is very correct about Improved Anvil, if you want to play it (I have not) just do it without any of those mods.

I realize your only trying to help but what you say doesn't make any sence at all. Your telling me to install a buggy game instead of a fixed newer version!
Going through Vlad's site has proven your suggested install is pelted with bugs, so what makes you think it acceptible?
I have tried playing these mods for years, what is going on here?B

#15 --Bereth Darkides--

--Bereth Darkides--

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:27 PM

Has the new version not been tested at all? I can't find the suggested Baldurdash for TS 7.01 and even if I did, this was created before TS 7.01. Now call me an idiot but don't workable fixes get created "After" a version has been released.
I think your suggestions will lead once again to nowhere fast!

Does anyone else here know what there talking about.

#16 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:46 PM

Your telling me to install a buggy game instead of a fixed newer version!

No not at all. Don't get too into the numbers here. Think of them as 2 versions of the same mod. Vlad's current version is customized Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.6.5 and King Diamond's version is more compatible with G3 FixPack and other mods (he has maintained the mod current with Vlads for content and bug fixes). King Diamond does not release buggy mods (I am not saying there no bugs, just few if any). Also if you install Vlad's version with non compatible mods you will have more bugs than you will find with TS-BP. Vlad is the current updater for Baldurdash-WeiDU.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#17 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:46 AM

BG2 Tweak Pack
Quest Pack
Weimer's item upgrade
Planar Sphere Mod
Planar Sphere Return Mod
Tower of Deception
Unfinished Business
NPC Flirt Packs
Romantic Encounters

I realize your only trying to help but what you say doesn't make any sence at all. Your telling me to install a buggy game instead of a fixed newer version!
Going through Vlad's site has proven your suggested install is pelted with bugs, so what makes you think it acceptible?

Perhaps you should consider just installing the game as per Vlad's site then?

It takes a village...

#18 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:57 AM

Mods like Romantic Encounters and Tower of Deception are at home anywhere, so you can install them with any collectin of mods - provided, of course, that the mods you're installing them with do not overwrite core game files or anything of the sort(in which case you just install RE or ToD on top).

#19 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 07:15 AM

BG2 Tweak Pack
Quest Pack
Weimer's item upgrade
Planar Sphere Mod
Planar Sphere Return Mod
Tower of Deception
Unfinished Business
NPC Flirt Packs
Romantic Encounters

Here is a link at BWL by a member named Trufa that has done a couple of tests with TS7.01. As far as I know, Kachiko doesn't have a custom voice as that will be changed.
Trufa's tests

Hope that helps. :cheers:

- King Diamond

#20 --Bereth Darkides--

--Bereth Darkides--

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:20 PM

BG2 Tweak Pack
Quest Pack
Weimer's item upgrade
Planar Sphere Mod
Planar Sphere Return Mod
Tower of Deception
Unfinished Business
NPC Flirt Packs
Romantic Encounters

Here is a link at BWL by a member named Trufa that has done a couple of tests with TS7.01. As far as I know, Kachiko doesn't have a custom voice as that will be changed.
Trufa's tests

Hope that helps. :cheers:

Thanks for the info guys,, makes a little more sence.