About Revised Difficulty component

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 -Scholar88-

-Scholar88-

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:01 AM

Hello, everyone.

This may seem a silly request, but I need some clarification about the mentioned component of this mod (from now on, r.d.l).

I understand it is supposed to work with other Mods which increase the tactical level of battle according to the difficulty level, and does so changing the AI of opponents. What I am not sure to have understood completely is if the "official" difficulty slider in the game still works.
Example: I wish to have intelligent opponents but want to play on Easiest Rules. For achieving this, I would need setting the r.d.l. above normal, but I'd have to set the slider on easiest. Is this assumption correct?

Compliments to the author for the components of this mod: the imprisonment fix rocks. Now I have no more excuses for avoiding demiliches. :coolthumb:

Regards,
Scholar88

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 02:25 AM

Why would you want to have Improved AI and Easy rules? As you can slide it even in the middle of a battle.
And about the fix, it just removes the 2 time damage multiplier that the very hard option of the slider gives, or so I think, but am not entirely sure. This is made because the mods that this mod is associated are really, very hard if played on the hardest difficulty level because the opposition has spells to utilize that aren't in the game otherwise, and the critical hits kill the player with one hit etc.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 19 March 2008 - 02:37 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:00 AM

Scholar is correct. You can play with easiest rules and Insane AI if you wish so.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#4 -Scholar88-

-Scholar88-

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:25 AM

Why would you want to have Improved AI and Easy rules? As you can slide it even in the middle of a battle.

Well, that was quite the extreme scenario, a mere hypothesis of what could be done with the component. ;)

Then again... I might want to try it anyway. Afterall there is a slight flaw in my character. Heh. :whistling:

Regards,

Scholar88

#5 -Scholar88-

-Scholar88-

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:26 AM

Scholar is correct. You can play with easiest rules and Insane AI if you wish so.

Thank you for your swift response. ^_^

Scholar88

#6 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:50 AM

So for dummies again:

I want many and hard opponents, but they should deal only normal damage.

So I simply set Rules on Normal and AI on insane?

Then I geht for exemple in the Beholder Hive more Beholder? Because this is included in the AI slider(?)

And enemies are more "intelligent"? Or do they simply have more spells etc.?
Let's say I use SCSII, does it change anything?

Sorry, but "AI" is maybe not the very best name one could give the slider since I hope that it also affects certain areas / number of enemies...

#7 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 05:46 AM

Set the in-game slider to Core (or Normal); once you start up the game, you'll get a dialogue asking for the difficulty, choose 'insane' as the answer.

You'll get more beholders in the Hive, but that'll be the only thing that changes in SCSII. With other mods (Ascension, Tactics etc.) you might get more/better enemies depending on the slider.

There's a reason it's called 'difficulty' and not 'AI' ;)

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.