Crash to desktop when moving to certain areas

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 -raku-

-raku-

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:08 PM

Hi guys, first of all i wanna thank all the modder guys out there, I really had a great time replaying BG1 and BG2, but now I'm somewhat stuck.

I have a big install in the following order:

BG2 SoA -> ToB -> ToB Patch -> BGT 1.05b with TotSC -> BGT 1.05 Transition Patch -> SoS 1.12 -> TS 6.10 (BP-compatible) -> BP 1.77a -> BGT-BP WorldMap 6.6.1 (patched version)

I will also append my weidu.log at the end, unfortunately in german, so just ask if u have problems understanding it.

So now my problem:

When i try to travel to one of the three areas (north forest, small teeth pass, tethir forest) that normaly become avaible in Chapter 6 of SoA, my game just crashes to the desktop. I could just go on and play all the mods, but not being able to finish the game is somewhat unpleasant. Save for the random Beregost crashes this is the first time i ran into real trouble.

I already did a complete fresh reinstall, making sure that the savegames were present in the BG2\save folder to be hit by the the converter of the worldmap mod.

If someone recommends using the console for a direct jump, i would happily try this if someone could tell where to find that goddarn area codes :)

About the only thing I could think of being responsible is that I installed the WorldMap mod shortly AFTER I started this game. Also i noticed that i could access i think the north forest area before chapter 6, but that could be due to one of the mods i dont really know.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #4 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Hauptteil 1.05b
~SETUP-BGT105BPATCH.TP2~ #0 #0 // BGT v105b: transition patch v1
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #2 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar, v1.12
~SETUP-TS-BP.TP2~ #3 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v6.10 (BP kompatible Version)
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #1 // Verbesserter Suldanessallar
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #2 // Verbesserter Spellhold
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #4 // Verbesserter Pass über die Kleinen Zähne, von Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #5 // Verbesserte Kangaxx Begegnung, von Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #6 // Verbesserter Gruftkönig, von Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #7 // Gnomischer Kämpfer/Illusionist im Hafenviertel, von Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #8 // Verbesserte Zufällige Begegnungen, von Gebhard Blucher und Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #9 // Gebhard Bluchers Leiche im Hafenviertel
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #10 // Rotes Wappen, feindliche Begegnung mit Gift, von Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #11 // Kuroisan der Säure Kensai, von Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #12 // Das Ritual, von Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #13 // Improved Xvart Village, for BGT-weidu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #14 // Level-50 Regelset (Code von King Diamond)
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #1 #0 // Ueberarbeitete Weltkarte fuer Baldurs Gate v6.6.1 - Big Picture und kompatible Modifikationen mit farbigen Baldurs Gate Kartenicons -> Installiere neue Weltkarte fuer die Megamodifikation
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #1 #3 // Reisezeiten und Aufdeckung der Gebiete -> Verbesserte Reisezeiten und Aufdeckung der Gebiete für BG1, SoA/TOB+BP Mods
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #1 #5 // Weltkartengroeße: Wähle die Größe der Weltkarte -> Riesige Weltkarte 8000x4600
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #1 #6 // Karte für Thron des Bhaal -> Benutze die Weltkarte ebenso fuer Thron des Bhaal

Thx for any help, i just my savegames can be rescued :/

#2 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:33 PM

Hi guys, first of all i wanna thank all the modder guys out there, I really had a great time replaying BG1 and BG2, but now I'm somewhat stuck.

I have a big install in the following order:

BG2 SoA -> ToB -> ToB Patch -> BGT 1.05b with TotSC -> BGT 1.05 Transition Patch -> SoS 1.12 -> TS 6.10 (BP-compatible) -> BP 1.77a -> BGT-BP WorldMap 6.6.1 (patched version)

I will also append my weidu.log at the end, unfortunately in german, so just ask if u have problems understanding it.

So now my problem:

When i try to travel to one of the three areas (north forest, small teeth pass, tethir forest) that normaly become avaible in Chapter 6 of SoA, my game just crashes to the desktop. I could just go on and play all the mods, but not being able to finish the game is somewhat unpleasant. Save for the random Beregost crashes this is the first time i ran into real trouble.

I already did a complete fresh reinstall, making sure that the savegames were present in the BG2\save folder to be hit by the the converter of the worldmap mod.

If someone recommends using the console for a direct jump, i would happily try this if someone could tell where to find that goddarn area codes :)

About the only thing I could think of being responsible is that I installed the WorldMap mod shortly AFTER I started this game. Also i noticed that i could access i think the north forest area before chapter 6, but that could be due to one of the mods i dont really know.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #4 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Hauptteil 1.05b
~SETUP-BGT105BPATCH.TP2~ #0 #0 // BGT v105b: transition patch v1
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #2 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar, v1.12
~SETUP-TS-BP.TP2~ #3 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v6.10 (BP kompatible Version)
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #1 // Verbesserter Suldanessallar
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #2 // Verbesserter Spellhold
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #4 // Verbesserter Pass über die Kleinen Zähne, von Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #5 // Verbesserte Kangaxx Begegnung, von Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #6 // Verbesserter Gruftkönig, von Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #7 // Gnomischer Kämpfer/Illusionist im Hafenviertel, von Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #8 // Verbesserte Zufällige Begegnungen, von Gebhard Blucher und Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #9 // Gebhard Bluchers Leiche im Hafenviertel
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #10 // Rotes Wappen, feindliche Begegnung mit Gift, von Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #11 // Kuroisan der Säure Kensai, von Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #12 // Das Ritual, von Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #13 // Improved Xvart Village, for BGT-weidu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #1 #14 // Level-50 Regelset (Code von King Diamond)
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #1 #0 // Ueberarbeitete Weltkarte fuer Baldurs Gate v6.6.1 - Big Picture und kompatible Modifikationen mit farbigen Baldurs Gate Kartenicons -> Installiere neue Weltkarte fuer die Megamodifikation
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #1 #3 // Reisezeiten und Aufdeckung der Gebiete -> Verbesserte Reisezeiten und Aufdeckung der Gebiete für BG1, SoA/TOB+BP Mods
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #1 #5 // Weltkartengroeße: Wähle die Größe der Weltkarte -> Riesige Weltkarte 8000x4600
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #1 #6 // Karte für Thron des Bhaal -> Benutze die Weltkarte ebenso fuer Thron des Bhaal

Thx for any help, i just my savegames can be rescued :/

You need to install BG2Fixpack in order for those areas to be available other than CLUAConsoling to them.

It takes a village...

#3 -raku-

-raku-

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:29 PM

Thx for the quick reply! From what I have read so far the fixpack should be installed right on a clean installation of BG2+ToB... good thing i got a copy of that on DVD before the reinstall. Going DJ on those discs isn't exactly my idea of having fun with BG ;)