Photo

What would you like to talk to Viconia about?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 03:40 AM

Hey all!

I've just completed writing the main dialogues for the friendship, so I thought I'd give you guys an opportunity to add your own spin to the mod! What would you like to see Viconia talk about? What would you like to ask her about, or what would you like to find out more about?

The two best/most workable ideas will be written into dialogues and integrated into the friendship in some way, so put on your thinking caps! :cheers:

Liam

#2 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 04:50 AM

Something I'd be interested in...

Weird things:

- She said she'd buried quite a few husbands. "So... do you care to talk about your married life?"
- Lolth and her; what was it like, worshipping Lolth?
- What kind of food does she like?
- Does she regret not killing the baby on the night Lolth abandoned her? Because she did, she would still have Lolth's favor, her family would be alive, she would not be hunted, and her brother would be alive and well.
- Psionists and illithids as a whole. What, where, how, whether her mind had been invaded before("... this sort of psychic rape I simply cannot tolerate...")
- More about these huge underground lakes and stuff: pretty mental pictures of the Underdark are fascinating.

#3 Alatariel

Alatariel

Inquisitor!

• 479 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:24 AM

All great points, Kulyok, especially the psionics and 'married life'.

Other than that...

* well, if the pc is female she could ask about Underdark fashion - you know, all this spider silk, laces, black velvet, drow jewellery, etc... I heard drow fashion might prove truly inspiring!
* how did she find her way to the surface?
* how did she learn about Shar (it may or not be included... I tried to not read the talks as you have so many editors anyway and I don't want to be spoiled with my favourite female npc's content)
* She seems to prefer man with brawns rather than brains which is pretty strange, considering her attachment to her brother who was a mage (and by this I don't mean that they had a romantic relathionship ==', only that she would known the merits&advantages of a mage rather well). Does she have a reason for that? Like, avoiding everything that reminds her of her emotional side, like memory of her brother would? Or perhaps she fears that an intelligent man wouldn't be fooled as easily or that easy to dominate?
* Running from a world being dominated by one goddess, she chose to serve another. We know that in drow tradition women become mostly priestesses, but on the surface it is not so. Why did she chose to *serve* when she could have tried a more independent profession? For example, why not a rogue? she wouldn't have a problem with pulling it of with her dext. Indeed, she could have been a master thief/assassin/whatever.

Edited by Alatariel, 05 April 2008 - 07:50 AM.

'NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency! Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surpr-... I'll come in again.

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!... Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms - Oh damn!'

#4 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:09 AM

Why limit it to two? There's a lot of good ideas here.

You're probably shooting for a set number of friendship talks, but I do not think anyone will complain if you have eighteen instead of fifteen.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#5 Scipio

Scipio

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

• 1790 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:20 AM

How does she decide what evil to tolerate and which to combat? She feels a kinship of sorts with sword spiders but kills orcs on sight. (I've had similar questions about all evil NPCs.) To kick off this NPC-to-PC "thread", how does she feel about actively helping the loathsome Temple of Helm defeat evil in the Temple District quests? If anything is anathema to a Drow, surely it must be Helm.
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.
See, it helps not to believe all the stuff that philosophers spout.

#6 Alatariel

Alatariel

Inquisitor!

• 479 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 12:47 PM

Not really. When you visit the Temple of Helm in Bridge District with Viconia in your party, she has a little talk with the priest. She doesn't look for trouble with Helmites.
'NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency! Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surpr-... I'll come in again.

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!... Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms - Oh damn!'

#7 Scipio

Scipio

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

• 1790 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 01:01 PM

Not really. When you visit the Temple of Helm in Bridge District with Viconia in your party, she has a little talk with the priest. She doesn't look for trouble with Helmites.

Oh. *He has a completely deflated expression on his otherwise handsome, noble Roman face.* In that case all I can do is misquote some of your quotes:

'It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob, Scipio.'
'You have no idea, Brain.'

'Promise me something, Scipio. Never breed.'
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.
See, it helps not to believe all the stuff that philosophers spout.

#8 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 04:26 PM

Scipio: I'll have a think about the problem of Helm, Scipio, and see if I can come up with anything!

berelinde: I don't want to promise anything, but that may just be the case! I guess we'll see... :) The actual core friendship track itself is fairly complete, but I'm looking for side-dialogues, scenery dialogues and things that aren't so much related to the more "intense" discussions.

Kulyok: Consider "married life" in. No hesitation there, such a great topic. :D If you have any ideas where it would come up in the game itself, post those, too--I have an idea, but perhaps you might come up with something better!

Alatariel: Shar is mostly covered, though I'll probably rehash it in ToB for a better account of that and the surface. Some great ideas there, though, too--will get to thinking!

Some fantastic ideas so far! Keep them coming!

#9 jcompton

jcompton
  • Modder
  • 492 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:57 PM

I would like to see a friendtalk conversation in which <CHARNAME> can ask Viconia to break, and then orally heal, <PRO_HISHER> finger.

"But that doesn't belong in a Friendship mod!" you may protest.

Naturally, I intend that <CHARNAME> ask for this service in a totally platonic fashion.

#10 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:26 PM

*slaps forehead* Why didn't I think of it earlier? O, the stupidness of me! Of course, I don't use action text, so that may be... difficult.

Viconia: Oh, do grow a backbone, kivvil, it's only a finger. You have nine more. But give it here, if it will stop your pitiable complaining...
= Bleugh, ugh, ugh! You should shower more than once every month, you taste worse than godsdamed devourer entrails!
= Excuse me while I expel my stomach, for I fear I'll contract some sort of rabid disease. At least the damn thing's healed. Can we get moving? Preferably sometime before midnight, or should I begin my observances?

... on second thought? Maybe not so much. Poor Viconia.

#11 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 05:41 AM

I'd quite like to hear Viconia's opinions on her fellow party members (like you could ask Fall From Grace in PS:T, but much bitchier - like Katie Hopkins from the UK version of The Apprentice :devil: ). I imagine her insights would be most interesting :D

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70?s and 80?s. Experience AD&D?s greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Classic Adventures Visit our homepage at Classic Adventures Homepage