Writing Style Test

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:34 AM

Don't tempt me you guys. Srsly. Nobody wants that. NOBODY.

Oh well. *tempts* :devil: :whistling:

*helps with the tempting*

Sorry Vilkacis, but an Imps 'sgota do what an Imps 'sgota do. Pulls his infernal bag of tricks out, and gives his supporters toy weapons, and says; "ATTACK!" :devil:
We'll change your mine, no matter how many...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#22 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:36 AM

Errm... Staffer Vikacis? How's your Delete button looking?

Sorry, I can only abuse my powers in the forums I'm responsible for, and this isn't one of them. Here, I can only delete my own posts.

Oh well. *tempts* :devil: :whistling:

*helps with the tempting*

Sorry Vilkacis, but an Imps 'sgota do what an Imps 'sgota do. Pulls his infernal bag of tricks out, and gives his supporters toy weapons, and says; "ATTACK!" :devil:
We'll change your mine, no matter how many...

Ngrr. You guys deserve whatever's coming to you, I swear :angry:

Oh well, I always thought it should be possible to have a lesbian threesome with Pai'Na and Aerie. (Spiders optional.)

Ugh, note to self: thread derail is GO! ...now plz stop doing that. Kthx.

#23 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 03:00 PM

Posts deleted, Scipio :)

vilkacis: Sounds awesome, can't wait. :whistling:

#24 Scipio

Scipio

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

• 1790 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:21 PM

Posts deleted, Scipio.

OWW!!! Thanks, but you obviously don't know how powerful your Delete spell is. Where's my left elbow gone?
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.
See, it helps not to believe all the stuff that philosophers spout.

#25 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:47 PM

In the fridge. I'm sorry, it was either that or your sense of touch, so...

#26 minotaur_in_maze

minotaur_in_maze

Modding Prima-Dona

• 906 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 05:48 PM

Ahaha, Quizilla. That brings back memories. Not all of which are pleasant. Oh, might as well...

...phew. There we go: crisis averted. :whistling:

You know, Vilkacis, Romantic Encounters might still be accepting submissions...

Romantic encounters is still ongoing?

Really?

Does this mean that I might submit my idea for a Noober Romance?

Hey, its not slash fiction - well, it doesn't HAVE to be, but... :whistling:

Minotaur In Maze - Modder's Muse

Edited by minotaur_in_maze, 06 April 2008 - 05:49 PM.

They say the world is going to Hell.

They are wrong.

The world IS Hell! Always has been, always will be; except perhaps for the five percent or so of the population who can afford differently.

And, if one must reside in Hell, it is far better to do it as a minion of the Devil than as a member of the damned.
LOVE SUCKS: It makes fools and slaves of us all.
But being alone and unloved is worse.
- Nancy A. Collins "Thin Walls"

#27 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 06:02 PM

cmorgan already did a Noober romance, though he may regret it now. :whistling:

Edit: But as far as I know, RE is always accepting submissions. Unfortunately, they need to be coded for inclusion.

Edited by berelinde, 06 April 2008 - 06:03 PM.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#28 minotaur_in_maze

minotaur_in_maze

Modding Prima-Dona

• 906 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 06:21 PM

cmorgan already did a Noober romance, though he may regret it now. :whistling:

I can't stand it. I. Just. Can't. Stand. It. :wall: :wall: :wall:

BTW I AM (finally) learning to code.

Alrighty then, I might have to dust off my Baldur's Gate: The Musical idea. I CAN work w/wave files. :devil:

All in all, I am more or less content. I am working on a mod and doing fanfic. Considering what a piece of crap the PUBLISHED BG2 story was, I plan to come off sounding like Stephen (Deleted Explative!) King.

Minotaur Et All - Modder's Muse and Oh SO full of myself! (I LIKE it that way...)
They say the world is going to Hell.

They are wrong.

The world IS Hell! Always has been, always will be; except perhaps for the five percent or so of the population who can afford differently.

And, if one must reside in Hell, it is far better to do it as a minion of the Devil than as a member of the damned.
LOVE SUCKS: It makes fools and slaves of us all.
But being alone and unloved is worse.
- Nancy A. Collins "Thin Walls"

#29 Shining Light

Shining Light

Shining Light and the Rise of Smileyface

• 355 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:22 AM

I never realised I'm an angst writer. Then I remembered exactly how much I tend to make my characters suffer. It fits like a glove made from the skin of the hand it's made for.
"Joy comes through suffering," Joneleth Silverstar,
"Life is when the Spirit prepares for the Ethereal," Gorion Ralethscar
"Death can only rule Supreme. Anyone who resists this is a fool"

#30 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:20 PM

Dialogue.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#31 VIIIofSwords

VIIIofSwords

I like women treacherous and manipulative.

• 594 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:47 PM

Narrative. Not surprising, considering the story I'm working on now is running 600+ pages and is only just barely past the halfway point.
"What do you do when there is an evil that your justice cannot defeat? Do you continue as you are, and allow the evil to fester? Or do you embrace one evil to defeat an evil greater still?"

"I used to dislike the idea of an unfair universe. Then I got to thinking: what if we did deserve all the awful things that happened to us, and didn't deserve any of the good? Suddenly, I found myself taking comfort in the thought of an inherently hostile and unfair universe."

VIII of Swords - my general, anything-goes blog

#32 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 01:29 AM

1061494866_CWINDOWSDesktopfluff.jpg

I'll go and jump off the bridge now. No, better. I'll stop writing altogether.
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#33 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 01:59 AM

Narrative. Not surprising, considering the story I'm working on now is running 600+ pages and is only just barely past the halfway point.

Holy crap...
Well the fan fic I wrote and that is about 70% and now being proof-read, is a first person narative with dialogues in it... yeah leave it up to me to break the rules :D :whistling:

Oh by the way: the test gave me a Plot writer as outcome

Edited by Deathsangel, 15 April 2008 - 02:05 AM.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos
Living on Wings of Dreams

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#34 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:24 AM

It gave me a Dialogue/Character Writer outcome. I don't know... Will have to post a lot more of my story and then gather everybody's comments to make an educated guess.

My fantasy story

"Man, in his discussions with other men about questions of religion, statecraft, geography, trade, has always reached a point in the discussion where it has seemed wise to reply to his opponent by disemboweling him or knocking his brains out."

My name is Thomas Hockenberry, Ph.D., and I think the "Ph.D." stands for "Pouring His Draft."

"The study of modern science today is being done by the brain of primitive man."

#35 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:48 PM

Dialog/Character... Guess that one is hard to avoid. o-o

#36 VIIIofSwords

VIIIofSwords

• 594 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:04 PM

Holy crap...

I know. A little on the extreme side.

The saddest part is that nobody's ever going to read it.
"What do you do when there is an evil that your justice cannot defeat? Do you continue as you are, and allow the evil to fester? Or do you embrace one evil to defeat an evil greater still?"

"I used to dislike the idea of an unfair universe. Then I got to thinking: what if we did deserve all the awful things that happened to us, and didn't deserve any of the good? Suddenly, I found myself taking comfort in the thought of an inherently hostile and unfair universe."

#37 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:34 PM

The saddest part is that nobody's ever going to read it.

Why?

My fantasy story

"Man, in his discussions with other men about questions of religion, statecraft, geography, trade, has always reached a point in the discussion where it has seemed wise to reply to his opponent by disemboweling him or knocking his brains out."

My name is Thomas Hockenberry, Ph.D., and I think the "Ph.D." stands for "Pouring His Draft."

"The study of modern science today is being done by the brain of primitive man."

#38 VIIIofSwords

VIIIofSwords

• 594 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:31 PM

Because I've convinced myself that no sane human being is going to want to willingly read through all of it. I've personally decried it as "The literary equivalent of a slice-of-life show. A really bad slice-of-life show." If the quality doesn't put people off, the length will.

Yet I can't stop writing it.

#39 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 03:29 AM

Mystery writer for me. Interesting, it's what I have been working on.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#40 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 12:14 AM

Question by question notes:

Question 1: Tom walked...
Response: 1.
Comment: I'd write something about his emotional state or what was going on with him. It wouldn't be that. Even if I was writing smut I still would. Hypothetically, of course. :whistling:

Question 2:
Response: 1
Comment: Toss-up between response one or four.

Question 3:
Dislike most of these or their next of kin.

Question 4:
Get most of these from various people, depending on what I'm writing.

Question 5:
"that was a thoughtful, well written story... but i never want to read it again" is still my favorite. :wub:

Result:

Posted Image
You're an Angst writer!

This cannot possibly be right. <_<

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard