Photo

PC-initiated dialogue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 justthisguy

justthisguy
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:19 AM

I've done some catching up on this project and I couldn't help but feel that this project is moving along the same path as the BG1NPC project is.
Let me explain; the idea behind the BG1NPC project was to bring all the included NPC goodyness (banters and romances) which made BG2 so great into BG1, but somewhere along the way they went beyond that goal, bringing friendships and PC-initiated dialogues into the game.

Especially the last, PC-initiated dialogues are, I think, very cool because they allow for very in-depth getting-to-know-you dialogues, ranging from swapping war tales and childhood stories to innocent flirtations such as a hug or a kiss on the cheeks. I was wondering wheter you were thinking of including the PC-initiated dialogues into this mod as well? It sounds natural giving the design goals you have set.

#2 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:27 AM

Currently, I'm not actually sure. Viconia's friendship does not contain player initiated dialogues, but future releases of it may have. Of course, the whole project is due for a re-evaluation of sorts to see where it's at--the problem with having many different authors is it's hard for everyone to stay motivated!

I think if people would like to write player initiated dialogues, I'm absolutely happy to help code them up and release them as part of IEP. :) So the answer to your question is: yes, if people would like to write them!

#3 justthisguy

justthisguy
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:36 AM

Re-evaluation? Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to be cynical, but in management-land that's the first step on the road to killing a project :S

#4 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:38 AM

More just checking with all of the modders involved, seeing where they're at and how we can move the project forward at a faster pace. As well as possibly scaling down some of the content planned--and changing the "game plan," so to speak, since we're all doing something a bit different to each other. :)

#5 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:45 AM

Obligatory compatibility note: because of weight issues and compatibility issues(Edwin flirts, Valygar flirts from Corthala Romantique, Flirt Pack, etc), it falls under
1) "install last";
2) "each component is separate/optional" rules.

... which, yeah, is a severe pain in That Place.