Photo

Who are Mister and Mistress Bhaalspawn or any other PC?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Scipio

Scipio

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

• 1790 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 01:22 PM

Has this been done before? Am I treading on dangerous ground? Is this probing into deeply private and personal places in the mind?

When I play as a female PC, as one has to if one wants to be an Amazon in Diablo II and as one may choose to do in most good games, I am Buttercup.

My standard name for my male PC in any game is Robert the Ballbearing.

Who are you?

Edited by Scipio, 13 April 2008 - 02:53 PM.

I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.
See, it helps not to believe all the stuff that philosophers spout.

#2 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 02:37 PM

My days of PC-switching in BG1/2 are over. I have my dear Linjo, female, NG, elven kensai. Unless I need to test out something which requires some other race or class or gender or whatever, but she's my standard one.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#3 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 03:30 PM

My male PC has usually been "Kade." I forget the name I used for a female PC; it's kind of been a while and I don't still have those savegames.

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#4 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 03:55 PM

Male Charname for me is Alexander, air genasi (in game terms, human) ranger of Shaundakul.

Female Charname is Julia, paladin of Hoar.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#5 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:07 PM

I haven't played BGI/II in quite some time, but here are a couple of my other PCs I've played semi-recently:

NWN2
Jonan Tane* - CG Male Fire Genasi Fighter/Sorcerer/Red Dragon Disciple/Neverwinter Nine
Celduil Nain - CE Male Wild Elf Spirit Shaman
Dram Jather - NE Male Halfling Rogue/Shadow Thief of Amn
Karistian Quiin - LG Male Human Monk
Kilaim Firehand - LN Male Shield Dwarf Fighter/Dwarven Defender

KotOR
Kerc Kast* - LS Male Scout/Jedi Consular

KotOR II
Dacen Terz - LS Jedi Consular/Jedi Weapon Master

* PC I've completed the game with (and for NWN2 MotB as well)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#6 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:58 PM

Well, I have many PC names, but there are two that have taken their place in the chronicles of my imagination. The female PC's name is Chaos. :devil: It just goes so well with anything. The other(male) is more personal as it just so happens to be my password to this site(and many other), so you will never get it... ever. -_-

Others I use, Torin, cause he is The Chosen. (originally Torin The Chosen in Masters of Magic hero, summoned by the Reincarnation spell)
Then there is the Eliandra, Andariel, Ariendal, Aliendra mess that has many names that turn out everywhere.
Gandalf, Killer(dwarf fighter), Curse(cleric), Sir Cary, Sir Sparhawk, Conan, Frozen Fire Storm etc. to name a few...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#7 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:34 PM

Mine are usually

Solo - Kova (Reaver or Mage/Thief)
Good (with Biowares, usually) - Vermithrax (Sorcerer)
Evil Party - Ariakas (Fighter/Mage), with his all-female band : Lynx (Fighter/Thief) and Arleva (Mage/Cleric), sometimes Sharela (Fighter/Mage)
(more recently evolved to Hidden Kits... wow! :) :) :))

My only Female PC used regularly is
Phoenix (female Paladin)

Edited by Zyraen, 13 April 2008 - 09:35 PM.

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#8 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 01:21 AM

I went through many Bhaalspawn incarnations before once firmly lodged herself in my heart.

Narra FireOrb Feamart, elven (avariel - wish I there was a subrace mod for this) monk - yes, I cheat.
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#9 Alatariel

Alatariel

Inquisitor!

• 479 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 05:36 AM

I usually use my alter ego for the first play of a cRPG (though not always), then I make up new character for every next run, with full background/personality invention and what not. I like variety. Right now I am testing something with Haer'Dalis and I play with a character I - surprisingly enough, as she is definitely not my usual 'style' - immensely enjoy. Her name is Asthera, and she is an elven fighter/thief (and I also cheat, Doxia, using mod that enables multiclassed non-humans to have no proficiency limit; which imho is only logical, btw) with rather lower 'mental' scores than what I am used to. I dislike the name, the class and the low m. scores, however I like the character thanks to her personality.

Eh, what would be cRPG without imagination to colour the edges ;]
'NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency! Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surpr-... I'll come in again.

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!... Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms - Oh damn!'

#10 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:55 PM

I have a new name and a new character almost everytime I run through any game.

Except any Star Wars based game. Veran for males Raven for females. Both from Revan in KotOR.

Other than that my names change near constantly. Heck even my forum names change.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#11 VIIIofSwords

VIIIofSwords

I like women treacherous and manipulative.

• 594 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:50 PM

Varies with each time I played. The last male PC I had was a human berserker-cleric by the name of Maadri. The last female one (which is far more recent) was a half-elf fighter/thief. Alanais, I think, was the name.
"What do you do when there is an evil that your justice cannot defeat? Do you continue as you are, and allow the evil to fester? Or do you embrace one evil to defeat an evil greater still?"

"I used to dislike the idea of an unfair universe. Then I got to thinking: what if we did deserve all the awful things that happened to us, and didn't deserve any of the good? Suddenly, I found myself taking comfort in the thought of an inherently hostile and unfair universe."

VIII of Swords - my general, anything-goes blog

#12 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 02:43 PM

Not exactly decided on PC names, although for BG1 or BG2, I tend to use:

Female: Terra
Lenia
Galia
Nellea
Isilme (elf only)

Male: Valkhan
Tanith
Talyon
Zidane
Feralin (elf only)

These names generally end up being used in other titles as well ;) No real class set for any of them either. :)

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#13 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:10 PM

My*main* female PC is Eleima, CG Elven Sorceress.
But I have quite a few incarnations:
Alatariel, NG Elven Priestess of Lathander (only because the BG2 game offers all human gods :( )
Alethra, LG Human Monk (I love monks! :wub: especially once you install Oversight's High Level Abilities!)
Ghanima, CG Elven Fighter/Mage
Rynn, CG Human Barbarian
Siona, LG Human Undead Hunter
And... Sheeana, LN Elven Monk (when I romance Xan and want to be a monk, yes, I cheat. A lot. :( )

As for males, well... Not anything really memorable...
I'm ashamed to say I once create an elven archer named Legolas, and there's this TN half-elf thief called Rizzen (who's not just any half-elf, he's half-drow), but I never managed to finish a full BG2 game with any male protagonist.

Edited by Eleima, 28 April 2008 - 10:11 PM.

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#14 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:00 PM

The females:
Eleniel: NG human or half-elven (prefer human) cleric of Lathander
Miriel: CG elven ranger
Aliyya: paladin of Torm
Mara: CG human ranger
Alina: LG half-orc fighter (paladin wanna-be)
Trixlana (Trixie): CG elven unkitted bard (SK to the rescue!)
Morwen: LG elven fighter (SK to paladin, usually)
Daisy: CG halfling cleric/thief
Newt: LN human mage (actually, she's a cat, but shhh! she doesn't know that!)
Thuran: LG dwarven cleric of Moradin (c.f. non-human deities...)

The males:
Ian: NG human cleric of Lathander (Gavin's original name was Ian, but I changed it to avoid conflict with Mod for the Wicked)
Saeldur: NG elven cleric of Correlon Larethian (damn inability to select non-human deities)
Caladon: NG elven sorcerer
Jarod: CN human fighter or barbarian
Garth: CG human archer
Guildford: paladin of Tyr
Wallace: CG/CN human or half-elven bard (actually, he's a really vocal cat, but never mind...)
Brokk: LG half-orc fighter (as Alina)
Malek: CE human fighter (playtesting Shar-Teel's romance)

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#15 Lythari

Lythari

Fabricati diem, Pvnk

• 366 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 12:35 PM

Well, I had various PCs, I like trying new characters of different classes, but I prefer rangers. Talking about names, my male PCs are called different names, but my female PC's name is usually Eskhata. I use this name in almost every game I play.
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)

My deviantArt account / my dragon lair

#16 Nuuskamuikkunen

Nuuskamuikkunen
  • 207 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 12:59 PM

Name, race, alignment, class options.

Valdemar, half-elf, CN/TN, anything Druid or Druid-related
Morthond, elf, CN/CG, any (usually some form of multiclass)
Durleth, dwarf, TN/LN/LG, Fighter/Cleric : Cleric : Cleric/Thief

#17 princesspurpleblob

princesspurpleblob

Princess

• 329 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 08:40 PM

I have two main bhaalspawns girls and one minor.

My main ones:
Eowyn: Half-Elf female, LN, Priest of Helm
Elbereth: Elf female, LG, Fighter/Mage

My minor one:
Sheri: Human female, CN, Assassin

My NWN char:
Sheri: Human female, 9 Mage/ 10 Eldrich Knight

I might try battle cleric next time

#18 Anaximander

Anaximander
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:29 AM

My very first Bhaalspawn was a human male paladin named Athomas. I got through BG1 with him, but by the time I got BG2 I had a whole new computer so I started over from scratch.

Kaza'El was my first to make it through BG1, BG2, and ToB. He was a human fighter, berzerker kit. I decided to keep him simple. Except for the name, of course. Don't ask me what it's supposed to mean, I have no idea. I just liked the sound of it.

I only played through the game once with Kaza'El. Then I started experimenting with other class and race combinations, and learning more about the Forgotten Realms as well (I never played pnp D&D in any form), and a new character concept began to evolve. Now my Bhaalspawn is a Tiefling fighter/mage named Castian Kross. I usually create him as an elf in BG2 so I at least get the dex bonus. I've actually contemplated starting a fanfic about him, but I am a man of very limited creative ability so I don't think I'd get very far with it.
You have defeated The Purpose!!!
Experience gained: 50000
Gold gained: 1000
You gain a level!!!

#19 Amaurea

Amaurea

Thread Killer Extraordinaire

• 409 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:01 PM

I come up with different characters for just about every play through. Currently, I'm running Maggie, a CG human beserker (who will dual to cleric later on) through Tutu; and Galithilwen, a TN elven Geomantic Sorcerer, through BG2/TOB.

#20 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:10 AM

Oooh, for other games, too! I didn't notice that. XD

Well, there's Linjo like said.. and then I have another female one, a human, CG berserker/thief named Sheree.
My male one can be of any alignment, race and class but his name is typically Jennantar.

NWN1.. I haven't played NWN2 much, but for NWN1 I had a female, NG elven ranger, but I don't remember her name.

IWD1 I haven't played in ages. IWD2 I switch, currently a female, TN drow cleric/rogue.

Morrowind I have my same one all the time - her name is Tintalle, she's a Bosmer of the class "awesome" at higher levels although she's specialized in stealth and starts out as a fighter/thief-like character.

Same goes for Oblivion, save for that I usually play the custom race Ainmhi.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!