Photo

The best BG NPC poll!

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Poll: The best BG NPC (112 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is your favorite NPC in BG?

1. Ajantis (1 votes [0.89%])

Percentage of vote: 0.89%

2. Alora (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Branwen (3 votes [2.68%])

Percentage of vote: 2.68%

4. Coran (5 votes [4.46%])

Percentage of vote: 4.46%

5. Dynaheir (8 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

6. Edwin (9 votes [8.04%])

Percentage of vote: 8.04%

7. Eldoth (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Faldorn (0 votes [0.00%])

9. Garrick (1 votes [0.89%])

10. Imoen (14 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

11. Jaheira (3 votes [2.68%])

12. Kagain (0 votes [0.00%])

13. Khalid (3 votes [2.68%])

14. Kivan (12 votes [10.71%])

Percentage of vote: 10.71%

15. Minsc (12 votes [10.71%])

Percentage of vote: 10.71%

16. Montaron (3 votes [2.68%])

17. Quayle (0 votes [0.00%])

18. Safana (1 votes [0.89%])

19. Shar-Teel (2 votes [1.79%])

Percentage of vote: 1.79%

20. Skie (3 votes [2.68%])

21. Tiax (2 votes [1.79%])

Percentage of vote: 1.79%

22. Viconia (8 votes [7.14%])

23. Xan (11 votes [9.82%])

Percentage of vote: 9.82%

24. Xzar (8 votes [7.14%])

25. Yeslick (3 votes [2.68%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 19 April 2008 - 11:44 PM

Skie, I am surprised they made Nalia because it is the same voice actress and a very similar character. It would have been nice to keep Skie around and give her Nalia's storyline instead. Bioware missed a good chance to show character growth.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#22 Nuuskamuikkunen

Nuuskamuikkunen
  • 207 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 11:47 PM

I voted Yeslick because he's just a nice guy! He needs protecting from himself <3

#23 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 12:45 AM

Dynaheir. Tragic, witty, intelligent and throws a mean fireball :D

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70?s and 80?s. Experience AD&D?s greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Classic Adventures Visit our homepage at Classic Adventures Homepage

#24 Sir_Carnifex

Sir_Carnifex

Scourge of Kobolds

• 290 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:43 PM

A week ago, I would have voted for Kivan, but after digging out BG1 and dusting it off again, I have to choose Montaron. I don't really like using evil NPCs too much, but the two I do enjoy are those two psychopaths, Montaron and Xzar. I couldn't take them before because I always had to have the two NPCs that Gorion wanted you to travel with. Now I'm more independent. :rolleyes:
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

#25 Solaufein

Solaufein

No fate but what we make

• Modder
  • 263 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 04:15 AM

Dynaheir. I miss her in BG2. :(
Her lips were red, her looks were free
Her locks were as yellow as gold
Her skin was white as leprosy.
The Nightmare Life-in-Death was she,
Who thicks man's blood with cold.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

http://teambg.net
The Undying

#26 Miss Sakaki

Miss Sakaki

Modder

• Modder
  • 505 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 04:21 AM

Khalid. Kivan, Edwin and Garrick come close seconds.

#27 Scipio

Scipio

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

• 1790 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 05:13 AM

A week ago, I would have voted for Kivan, but after digging out BG1 and dusting it off again, I have to choose Montaron. I don't really like using evil NPCs too much, but the two I do enjoy are those two psychopaths, Montaron and Xzar. I couldn't take them before because I always had to have the two NPCs that Gorion wanted you to travel with. Now I'm more independent. :rolleyes:

Hello, Sir Carnifex.

It's good to make the digital acquaintance of another new member who's already contributing interesting stuff to the forums. No doubt you are already familiar with all the super mods available from or through SHS. I've been enjoying them for about five months; until the end of last year I'd never thought of looking for such things.

If you HAVEN'T tried them I greatly recommend at least three mods that really heightened my enjoyment of BG1: BG1 Tutu; the BG1 NPC pack that adds a fine amount of NPC interaction and made me realise why I might want to romance Imoen in BG2; and the BG1 Flirt Pack that let me get to know Dynaheir a heck of a lot better than I'd thought a good, clean-living young old man like me would ever be able to do.

If I wasn't such an old young man I would remember where on this site you'd find the links to all those mods. Maybe you'll tell me. ;)
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.
See, it helps not to believe all the stuff that philosophers spout.

#28 Sir_Carnifex

Sir_Carnifex

Scourge of Kobolds

• 290 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:04 PM

Hello, Sir Carnifex.

It's good to make the digital acquaintance of another new member who's already contributing interesting stuff to the forums. No doubt you are already familiar with all the super mods available from or through SHS. I've been enjoying them for about five months; until the end of last year I'd never thought of looking for such things.

If you HAVEN'T tried them I greatly recommend at least three mods that really heightened my enjoyment of BG1: BG1 Tutu; the BG1 NPC pack that adds a fine amount of NPC interaction and made me realise why I might want to romance Imoen in BG2; and the BG1 Flirt Pack that let me get to know Dynaheir a heck of a lot better than I'd thought a good, clean-living young old man like me would ever be able to do.

If I wasn't such an old young man I would remember where on this site you'd find the links to all those mods. Maybe you'll tell me. ;)

Thanks for the welcome, Scipio. I'm waiting for the release of the latest version of EasyTutu before I go download mods. Since you don't remember, you can find the BG1 NPC project at Gibberlings3. :)
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

#29 arguskos

arguskos
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:26 PM

Gotta go with Xzar, though I do love Xan and Dynaheir a great deal. Just too many to really pick from, though Xzar's incoherant ramblings really make him stand out for me. :)

-Argus
"Here's what 4-year old's know: a screen that ships without a mouse isn't worth paying attention to!" - Clay Shirky (http://blip.tv/file/855937)

#30 Tegumiril

Tegumiril
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 06:58 AM

I'd have to go with Minsc and Boo. I never could bring myself to part with "Full Plate and Packing Steel!"

I'll have to grit my teeth and play an evil party for once, hehe. I liked Edwin, but never could work my way to the dark side.

#31 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:06 AM

I voted for Xzar. :) He's so hilariously fascinating in a "WTF is wrong with you?!" kind of way.

Seconded

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos
Living on Wings of Dreams

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#32 Lythari

Lythari

Fabricati diem, Pvnk

• 366 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:29 AM

Xan. His "optimism" is really amusing, and I like elven mages.

BTW It is my first post here, so hello everybody. :)
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)

My deviantArt account / my dragon lair

#33 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:02 AM

Welcome to SHS, Lythari! :) Hope you find your stay enjoyable!!

And yes, Xan's "optimism" is to die for... :wub:

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#34 princesspurpleblob

princesspurpleblob

Princess

• 329 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:02 AM

I voted for xan :)

#35 Scipio

Scipio

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

• 1790 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:48 AM

Welcome, Lythari, and keep on posting! You and I need some sane people here. So far we don't have overwhelming evidence that you're crazy, although voting for Xan is a bit suspect.
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.
See, it helps not to believe all the stuff that philosophers spout.

#36 magrat

magrat
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:08 AM

Another vote for Montaron, here, though I'm awfully fond of the two X's as well (Xan and Xzar). But when it comes down to it, nothing can really beat Monty in my book 'm'fraid.
---
AKA arabellaesque
Dragon Scoll
All alone, cold fields you wander
Memories of it cloud your sight
Fills your dreams, disturbs your slumber
Lost your way -- a fallen knight
Posted Image * Posted Image * Posted Image * Posted Image

#37 Sir_Carnifex

Sir_Carnifex

Scourge of Kobolds

• 290 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:39 PM

Another vote for Montaron, here, though I'm awfully fond of the two X's as well (Xan and Xzar). But when it comes down to it, nothing can really beat Monty in my book 'm'fraid.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who voted for a psychopathic halfling. :D

#38 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:39 PM

Gotta go with Kivan he is just so deadly with the bow and his banters with the BGNPC Project are very well done and quite a read...though Edwin came a close second about as good as a Mage can get

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#39 Paloesha

Paloesha
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:57 PM

I voted Imoen. I just liked her so much in the first one. And in the second I was so dissapointed to have her leave.

I just like her whole personality, although it rarely came out(i'm sure the modders helped bring it out though ^_^). She seems like a bubbly, loving-life kinda girl. It's tragic(and kinda cool) that she was also a Bhaalspawn.

Close seconds were Jaheria and Minsc(they are practically linked to the thought of BG), Viconia(who gave a diff. twist on the evil types) and Skie(who I never knew, or can't remember, but sounds like an interesting character.)

#40 raphaelem

raphaelem
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:22 AM

JAHEIRA'cause:

1-It's funny to see a valiant woman wife of a opposite man.

after her would be DYNAHEIR 'cause it's funny her snobbish humour.