Photo

The best BGII NPC poll!

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Poll: The best BG II NPC (77 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is your favorite NPC in BGII?

1. Aerie (7 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

2. Anomen (5 votes [6.49%])

Percentage of vote: 6.49%

3. Cernd (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Edwin (8 votes [10.39%])

Percentage of vote: 10.39%

5. Haer'Dalis (4 votes [5.19%])

Percentage of vote: 5.19%

6. Imoen (8 votes [10.39%])

7. Jaheira (8 votes [10.39%])

8. Jan (6 votes [7.79%])

Percentage of vote: 7.79%

9. Keldorn (1 votes [1.30%])

Percentage of vote: 1.30%

10. Korgan (3 votes [3.90%])

Percentage of vote: 3.90%

11. Mazzy (1 votes [1.30%])

12. Minsc (7 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

13. Nalia (1 votes [1.30%])

14. Sarevok (9 votes [11.69%])

Percentage of vote: 11.69%

15. Valygar (4 votes [5.19%])

Percentage of vote: 5.19%

16. Viconia (2 votes [2.60%])

Percentage of vote: 2.60%

17. Yoshimo (3 votes [3.90%])

Percentage of vote: 3.90%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 05:39 AM

Jaheira. Best developed female character in any game ever. IMNSHO :P
But I loved Immy, Edwin and Viconia as well.

YES!
And she's being beaten by Aerie? All I hear is how much everyone hates Aerie. My goodness.

I love how the likes and dislikes of characters are (generally) so evenly spread, with few exceptions. It's really great to see. :)

I'll make a really bold prediction; not many people will vote for Cernd.

waits for Cernd to take the lead

I like Cernd, a lot even. But he's still not my favorite.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#22 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 05:44 AM

Minsc, without a question. He's just.. Minsc. That explains it.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#23 Scipio

Scipio

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

• 1790 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 06:00 AM

Inspired by the favorite character and other polls, here are the ultimate poll for BGII NPCs! :)

Personally, I'm going with Sarevok, even though he's only in ToB. ;)

This is indeed proving to be illuminating, Grandmaster Seb. From other threads I would have expected 90% for Edwin and the balance split between Haer'dalis and Viconia. Shows how well I pay attention.

Are you going to follow up by starting World War Three with a "best NPC mod" poll? If so, please wait a a little while until the amazing! incredible! loveable! Oyro the Incompetent joins the fray. I modestly expect him to be the best mod I have ever done. All that holds him back is that I don't know to do mods yet.

If you add up all the words in this specific post and divide by the square root of pi, can it count as another vote for Aerie?
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.
See, it helps not to believe all the stuff that philosophers spout.

#24 Alatariel

Alatariel

Inquisitor!

• 479 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 06:47 AM

Hm. 'Favourite' =/= 'best'. I voted for Haer'Dalis, though Jaheira&Viconia are 2 place egzequo.

YES!
And she's being beaten by Aerie? All I hear is how much everyone hates Aerie. My goodness.

I SO agree with this... and, really, how can you even compare a whiny brat with a full-grown, stubborn woman? Jaheira vs. Viconia, that I can understand. But Aerie is such a child! I mean, of course she grows up a bit during your journeys, but she is still foolhardy and naive...
'NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency! Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surpr-... I'll come in again.

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!... Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms - Oh damn!'

#25 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

Loses her superpowers when exposed to chicken fat.

• 657 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 07:36 AM

Wow, no one's voted for Cernd T.T Poor Cernd. He's my second favorite...
Err...Are paladins even allowed to say 'ass'?
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!
(Proud Member of the We Hate Elminster Club)

The Maesters of Yevon: Putting the Spira back into 'conspiracy'.

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.

#26 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 07:50 AM

I voted for Jan, both for personality and power.
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
? Stewie Griffin

#27 Dark-Mage

Dark-Mage

Because killing is an art, and I am a master.

• 344 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 12:38 PM

I voted for Viconia. Not only is she a powerful cleric (and a freaking sexy one at that) but her back story is quite moving as well. She is closely followed by Imoen and Yoshi (come on! Where is the mod to save him already)

#28 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 02:10 PM

I love how the likes and dislikes of characters are (generally) so evenly spread, with few exceptions. It's really great to see. :)

Yeah, I agree. :)

Hard hard hard.

I debated making this a multi-choice poll, but decided not to because I thought it would be more interesting if people really had to pick one NPC.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#29 Scipio

Scipio

• 1790 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 03:46 PM

It is the objective of the Committee To Elect Aerie to win this contest by capturing the sympathy vote. Just look at this portrait of her as a younger elf before she lost her wings and you cannot but feel compassion for the girl.

Aerie_and_Spider.jpg

The picture was done by the master illustrator Boris Vallejo from an image impressed on vellum by a photomage of the Avariel. Now you know why Aerie doesn?t like spiders.

It may come as a surprise to many that Aerie?s wings are so small. It should be borne in mind that Aerie was configured by a 20th century designer, not by a mediaeval artist who invented angels with huge feathered wings.

The scientifically minded may question how such small wings could lift Aerie against the pull of gravity, especially when their placement with respect to her centre of mass would make her flight inherently unstable. The answer is that her wings enable her to fly by magic, not physics. Anyway, if she had to use muscle power, then regardless of how big her wings were she would need shoulders two metres wide to support the musculature required to beat them rapidly enough to get off the ground.

The aeronautically minded voters will note that Aerie?s mad dash to safety has propelled her to V1, the speed at which she can rotate her fuselage for take-off. She will have to climb out steeply and bank sharply to avoid her pursuer, which is a jumping spider.

Mechanically minded females will speculate on how and where Aerie retracts her undercarriage. Bare toes can get chilblains if exposed to cool winds at high altitude. Mechanically minded males will focus more on Aerie?s superstructure, which is not retractable.

Arachnologically minded viewers will observe that the pursuer is either a Salticid, the smaller genus of jumping spider, or a Phippidus, about twice the size of the Salticid. It is not immediately apparent which one this is since both genera have almost identical configurations of eyeballs.

Dimensionally minded people will wonder why Aerie was so small when she was just a few years younger than when CHARNAME rescued her from the evil illusionist at the circus. Since the reproductive process of the Avariel is not well documented there has been some hypothesizing that Avariels lay eggs, flying up to the ceiling to deposit the eggs so that visitors won?t walk on them. This notion has been party debunked on the grounds that the offspring of Avariel and Humans would look like maggots with legs. No such creatures have been seen in Faerun unless we count Korgan.

An alternative supposition, that Avariels are marsupial, has also been debunked. There is no evidence that Aerie has a pouch. It was surmised that Avariels gave birth to minute babies, like kangaroos. A baby kangaroo is about the size of a bee.

SO VOTE FOR AERIE! If elected she will?

* Appoint Edwin as her vice-party member.
* Appoint Anomen as her virtue-party member.
* Withdraw our troops from Tethyr.
* Negotiate with the producers in the middle east of Toril to reduce the Brent crude price of purple, red and blue oil.
* Whine less often.

Edited by Scipio, 19 April 2008 - 03:50 PM.

I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.

#30 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 03:49 PM

Sorry, Scipio, but Sarevok will beat her. Both in this poll and quite literally. :devil:

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#31 Scipio

Scipio

• 1790 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 03:52 PM

Sorry, Scipio, but Sarevok will beat her. Both in this poll and quite literally. :devil:

Hey! No fiddling with the poll results! This isn't Zimbabwe, you know. Or Florida.

#32 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 03:53 PM

Hey! No fiddling with the poll results! This isn't Zimbabwe, you know. Or Florida.

How much is it worth to you? :whistling:

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#33 Dark-Mage

Dark-Mage

Because killing is an art, and I am a master.

• 344 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 04:49 PM

I LOLed :devil:

For that comment I believe we should submit to Scipio's demands and name Aerie the winner!! Congrats to our resident wingless winged-Elf :cheers:

#34 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Do what thou wilt

• 1567 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 06:28 PM

Jan is ahead of Aerie? How can anyone like that annoying worm?
For all of your BG modding needs: Chosen of Mystra.

This is The End.

#35 Scipio

Scipio

• 1790 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 07:18 PM

For that comment I believe we should submit to Scipio's demands and name Aerie the winner!! Congrats to our resident wingless winged-Elf :cheers:

I think we'd damn well better, considering I dumped Aerie half an hour ago. Right now Digital Me is desperately trying to make out with that Drow woman. I quit the game to give us some prvicay.

#36 Toxeus

Toxeus
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 10:18 PM

Haer'Dalis!
But Sarevok is very close :)

#37 VIIIofSwords

VIIIofSwords

I like women treacherous and manipulative.

• 594 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:32 PM

Sarevok, but Immy is a very, very close second.
"What do you do when there is an evil that your justice cannot defeat? Do you continue as you are, and allow the evil to fester? Or do you embrace one evil to defeat an evil greater still?"

"I used to dislike the idea of an unfair universe. Then I got to thinking: what if we did deserve all the awful things that happened to us, and didn't deserve any of the good? Suddenly, I found myself taking comfort in the thought of an inherently hostile and unfair universe."

VIII of Swords - my general, anything-goes blog

#38 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 09:39 PM

For me, I think Jan and Jaheira have the best balance of character and game-play. In the end, I picked Jan's humor over Jaheira's sexy SEXY voicing.
(I like parentheses.)

#39 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 03:57 AM

Aerie_and_Spider.jpg

...and I thank you.
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
? Stewie Griffin

#40 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 04:53 AM

Nobody likes Keldorn or Cernd? :(