Photo

The best BGII NPC poll!

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Poll: The best BG II NPC (77 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is your favorite NPC in BGII?

1. Aerie (7 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

2. Anomen (5 votes [6.49%])

Percentage of vote: 6.49%

3. Cernd (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Edwin (8 votes [10.39%])

Percentage of vote: 10.39%

5. Haer'Dalis (4 votes [5.19%])

Percentage of vote: 5.19%

6. Imoen (8 votes [10.39%])

7. Jaheira (8 votes [10.39%])

8. Jan (6 votes [7.79%])

Percentage of vote: 7.79%

9. Keldorn (1 votes [1.30%])

Percentage of vote: 1.30%

10. Korgan (3 votes [3.90%])

Percentage of vote: 3.90%

11. Mazzy (1 votes [1.30%])

12. Minsc (7 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

13. Nalia (1 votes [1.30%])

14. Sarevok (9 votes [11.69%])

Percentage of vote: 11.69%

15. Valygar (4 votes [5.19%])

Percentage of vote: 5.19%

16. Viconia (2 votes [2.60%])

Percentage of vote: 2.60%

17. Yoshimo (3 votes [3.90%])

Percentage of vote: 3.90%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Alatariel

Alatariel

Inquisitor!

• 479 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 12:10 PM

I'm a little surprised at Aerie being so popular, too.

With as much flak as she gets, I'd certainly expect better of Edwin and Valygar than her.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought, too...

She is a love-hate npc. Make a pool 'which npc is the WORST one' and she will be in the leading too. The final score should be actually a sum of the two.
'NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency! Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surpr-... I'll come in again.

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!... Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms - Oh damn!'

#62 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 02:49 PM

Hate for me. The way she says "Uncle Quayle, you're oka-a-a-a-ay" in that awful quavering voice just makes me want to beat her to death with one of her own severed wings.
True, I've taken her once or twice for the romance but I find her irritating (plus she's mean to Jaheira, who although not my favourite NPC, is still a longtime and faithful companion, and recently bereaved, for God's sake).

Sarevok is definitely my favourite once you get to ToB - such a jolly chap, always laughing. :devil: (Oh and he's awesome, obviously). His hamster dialogue with Minsc always makes me laugh.

Minsc...well, Minsc is BG2...though I must admit I don't always take him depending on what sort of party I'm going for (specifically, parties that include Edwin...who is another of my favourites...)

And of course Eddie, who is very entertaining, but also the most kick-ass mage in the game. His romance mod is definitely one I will be trying. Can't wait to see what happens with the whole sex change thing.

I do have a soft spot for Val. He's rather underwritten but I like the fact he's so non-judgemental, plus he's very handy with it.

I also like Jan. I often used to take him instead of Imoen though these days I find myself taking Imoen every time as she's pretty much fundamental to the story, so it seems more wrong not to. I used to hate her but she's grown on me a lot.

Keldorn I like as a character but I feel guilty from taking him away from his family, so most games I'll pick him up, take him straight home and leave him with the missus. I'm nice like that. He does have his amusing moments mind...especially his dialogue with Imoen in ToB.

I'm trying Cernd for the first time (despite god knows how many play throughs now) currently and he's a bit dull to be honest, but he does have some funny dialogues with Edwina. Worth it just to see those.

As for dislikes...Aerie obviously. Not keen on Anomen either. Speaking as a woman, there's no way I'd put up with his flowery dialogues and pomposity long enough to see his more interesting side (though he's a better cleric than Aerie and he's not that bad to have around really, especially when Jan starts taking the mick). The one character I just can't bring myself to like, even though he's actually pretty awesome, is Korgan. I just don't find him likeable, though I've taken him when playing through with an evil party. I know some people love him but he's not for me, really.

#63 arguskos

arguskos
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 04:25 PM

Can't believe there's so little love for poor ol' Haer'Dalis! Most excellent NPC evar!

Seriously though, I really do like H'D (my nickname for him). He's got some fun banters, was well thought-out (IMO), and is just a well put together guy. Sure, he's not too powerful, but that's fine.

My runner-ups are: Korgan (I love the vulgarity :D), Anomen (against my better judgment, I gave him a try, and realized he wasn't that bad a guy), and Minsc (who just makes the game awesome).

-Arguskos

PS. This is my first "real" post here, so I should probably say hi... so... HI!!
"Here's what 4-year old's know: a screen that ships without a mouse isn't worth paying attention to!" - Clay Shirky (http://blip.tv/file/855937)

#64 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:52 AM

Can't believe there's so little love for poor ol' Haer'Dalis! Most excellent NPC evar!

Seriously though, I really do like H'D (my nickname for him). He's got some fun banters, was well thought-out (IMO), and is just a well put together guy. Sure, he's not too powerful, but that's fine.

My runner-ups are: Korgan (I love the vulgarity :D), Anomen (against my better judgment, I gave him a try, and realized he wasn't that bad a guy), and Minsc (who just makes the game awesome).

-Arguskos

PS. This is my first "real" post here, so I should probably say hi... so... HI!!

Hi!!

Funny, I actually hear quite often that H'D is one of the more powerful NPCs. I've never actually used him for an extended time. I should give him a try.
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
? Stewie Griffin

#65 arguskos

arguskos
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:41 PM

You do? Hmm... maybe I don't talk to the right folks then. In any case, he gets my vote and love. :)

-Argus
"Here's what 4-year old's know: a screen that ships without a mouse isn't worth paying attention to!" - Clay Shirky (http://blip.tv/file/855937)

#66 Dark-Mage

Dark-Mage

Because killing is an art, and I am a master.

• 344 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 02:22 PM

You do? Hmm... maybe I don't talk to the right folks then. In any case, he gets my vote and love. :)

-Argus

Well he certainly has the potential to be quite powerful, given the right equipment and played right. The Fighter/Mage combo will always be stronger mind you, especially if its an Elf. One advantage Dalis would have over the F/M is the whole single class aspect, so faster leveling :D

#67 Sir_Carnifex

Sir_Carnifex

Scourge of Kobolds

• 290 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:36 PM

Minsc by a long shot. I rarely go anywhere without him helping Boo dish out terrible hamster justice. Yoshimo, Keldorn, and Valygar are runner-ups. Nalia isn't too bad, either. Most hated? Anyone who reads around the NPC polls will find I knock Cernd constantly. :D
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

#68 Lythari

Lythari

Fabricati diem, Pvnk

• 366 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:10 PM

Definitely Sarevok. I love his devilish laughter.
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)

My deviantArt account / my dragon lair

#69 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 01:27 AM

Anomen is my favorite...I really like his cocky attitude and is it quite funny to see his remarks about certain things...and if you go the bad route which makes him go CN even better! Though usually I prefer he pass his test :lol:

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#70 princesspurpleblob

princesspurpleblob

Princess

• 329 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 04:27 AM

Anomen gets my vote too :wub: So many other NPCs I like (Keldorn, Jaheira, Minsc and several other mod NPCs...) but Anomen is my absolute fav!

#71 Elamshin

Elamshin
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 10:06 AM

I vote on Jan Jansen... his talks are awesome! :D
Posted Image

Silence, I'll kill you! :)

#72 Itarilde

Itarilde
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:45 AM

Edwin. He's an ultimate mage and I really love his attitude. Mainly because I played Edwin Romance and loved it.

#73 The Red Knight

The Red Knight
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:18 PM

I take Nalia often, don't know wh, but she and Immy end up in my party alot/

I have a general loathing for jaheria, but shes much more likeable in bg2 than bg1

#74 Menelanna

Menelanna
  • 3006 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 06:33 AM

Immy is my fav. Always have to make room for her in my party!
Steel is my body, fire is my blood.
I've created over a thousand blades
Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
Yet, those hands will never hold anything.
So as i pray, "Unlimited Blade Works."--Archer from Fate/Stay Night

Posted Image
Signature done by Sinharvest. thanks!

Interested in great fanstay Role Play? Come join Imythess the Border Between Dreams and Choas.
(should you join feel free to contact me. my main account it Fara're. hope to see you there :D)