• Please log in to reply
675 replies to this topic

#1 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11138 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 10:49 PM

An old favorite makes a comeback! It's been some three years since the last "Cameras Please" and GenRev, which is entirely too long for photographs of our members. :D

For those of you who weren't here last time around; comments are (more than) okay, but no flaming! Even if I look like a half-troll/half-otyugh/half-gnoll, telling me so is only going to make your SHS life substantially more difficult. ;)

I declare the official SHS photo thread open by posting my own photo (which is the same as my profile pic):

Attached File  sconrad.jpg   49.76K   11 downloads

This one is a little more than a year old now. I might post more later on. :)

Personal: vonconrad.com. Work: Envato.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#2 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:29 AM

I upload the photo I had on SHS in the old photobook. It might be 2 1/2 years old, but I just look good on it... at least so I think :whistling:

Attached Files

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#3 Scipio

Scipio

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

• 1790 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:10 AM

They will have to love me for my beautiful singing voice, not my photo. I don't want to scare away the children.
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.
See, it helps not to believe all the stuff that philosophers spout.

#4 Nuuskamuikkunen

Nuuskamuikkunen
  • 207 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:42 AM

Treehugging druid potential.
Posted Image

Giving into an aggressive Finn "requesting" to take a photo of me.
Posted Image

The result of Finland's hairdressers being outrageously overpriced.
Posted Image

#5 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Administrator
  • 3001 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:56 AM

Posted Image

The picture is from September last year.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#6 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Staff
  • 1755 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:05 AM

Awww, do we *have* to? :rolleyes:
Fine then, here's one, 'cept it's kinda old (Feb 2005 was it?), but I haven't changed that much, and recently got a haircut I hate, so that's all I got for now! :D
Posted Image

Edited by Eleima, 23 April 2008 - 03:06 AM.

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
Posted Image

sig.gif

#7 Nuuskamuikkunen

Nuuskamuikkunen
  • 207 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:53 AM

Spellhold Studios - where the more beautiful and discreet nerds hang out :P

Edited by Nuuskamuikkunen, 23 April 2008 - 03:53 AM.

#8 Scipio

Scipio

• 1790 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:34 AM

I think this thread should be expanded. Make all new posters add a sound file of their voice saying a sentence in English and in their mother tongue if it isn't English. People who've posted photos must edit their posts to add speech files.

Where's that microphone....
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.

#9 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:52 AM

Be afraid, be very afraid.

I really need a digicam. T_T

Posted Image

Hm, Conrad looks like my oldest cousin. Kinda. Except my oldest cousin doesn't look so Swedish. o-o

Edited by WeeRLegion, 23 April 2008 - 01:05 PM.

#10 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 633 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 08:06 AM

Currently looking for a picture....
I can't seem to find one on such short notice. There is a small one in my profile though.
After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#11 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 08:10 AM

Erm I have no microphone.

Anyways, a picture, self-taken, and at least a year old.

Posted Image

My hair isn't blond anymore, it's black, but I don't think I've gotten a picture in the last half a year(or since Easter since I dyed it the day before.)

EDIT: Hmm, it didn't shrink...

Edited by Kellen, 23 April 2008 - 08:10 AM.

"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#12 quinlan

quinlan
  • 965 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 08:52 AM

They will have to love me for my beautiful singing voice, not my photo. I don't want to scare away the children.

Hm... Actually it is for your beautiful singing witticism i do love you! :P

Will search for a photo...

Posted Image

All right, I want to stress the point that i am not a striptizer! It is just Greece in the summer. 2-3 summers ago this photo. Have grown long hair again since then. At the time it was taken, we had a break from a session from my last great role playing. Tattooing is a hobby of mine.

Edited by quinlan, 23 April 2008 - 09:27 AM.

My fantasy story

"Man, in his discussions with other men about questions of religion, statecraft, geography, trade, has always reached a point in the discussion where it has seemed wise to reply to his opponent by disemboweling him or knocking his brains out."

My name is Thomas Hockenberry, Ph.D., and I think the "Ph.D." stands for "Pouring His Draft."

"I am in a most uncomfortable position," Cind said, stretching into a more comfortable position and thus placing Sten in a slightly uncomfortable position.

#13 Scipio

Scipio

• 1790 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:40 AM

Maybe you kind people should see the old fart who bombards you with so much rubbish, although you will concede that I have been restrained over the last week or so.

I had to show three pictures to put things into context. Left, about a year ago after I had decided that an untrimmed beard would go well with my haircut from the local tractor repair shop; centre, me Photoshopped into a goblin; and right, our tame wildcat, Platneus Plattypuss Thee Ket, because I finally have to admit that he looks more like Brad Pitt than I do.

Attached File  Uncle_Scippy.jpg   29.72K   7 downloads

Are you two girls, Choo choo and Eleima, typical "geek girls"? If so, they're making them very pretty these days.

Henceforth, everyone, I should like to be addressed as Uncle Scippy, please.

#14 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1027 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:30 AM

Are you two girls, Choo choo and Eleima, typical "geek girls"? If so, they're making them very pretty these days.

Signed. :wub:

#15 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:48 AM

and as in the old days all the girls get the compliments hahaha. I saw that one comming.
Of course I can not deny that I understand why.
I would like to say that of all photos I do think Seb's is the best, but than again it is obviously taken for the purpose.

And those that want to hear my voice, go to PC voice sets, Oblivion Sound Sets or download Kido. It is all me, I can change my voice radically as has been found out... normal voice on IE Radio if a bit poor quality.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#16 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11138 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:56 PM

I too am in the PC Soundsets mod if anybody would like to hear my voice. :)

Yep!

Henceforth, everyone, I should like to be addressed as Uncle Scippy, please.

Not a problem, Uncle Scippy.

Also, the ears in the second photo are scary. Even scarier than the cat.

I would like to say that of all photos I do think Seb's is the best, but than again it is obviously taken for the purpose.

Thank you, and yeah, the photo was taken professionally in a five hour/4000 photos taken long session. A good friend and long-time collaborator/colleague of mine, Erik Textorius, was behind the camera (and I never miss an opportunity to pimp his work).

Personal: vonconrad.com. Work: Envato.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#17 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • 3496 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:10 PM

Signed. :wub:

Mine's better. ^.^

(But yes.)
"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#18 Isilven

Isilven

DANNY TREJO, DUKE OF THE WESTERN LOWLANDS

• 1235 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:12 PM

Let's hope Chipmunk stands up to the ridiculous standards set by the lovely Eleima and the ever-utterly-adorable Choo Choo ;)

Posted Image

AND ALEX, BECAUSE I CAN SEE YOU READING THIS, THE COLOR OF THE DAY IS GREEN.

We certainly have some handsome fellows here on SHS ^_^
Posted Image

Ee-seel-ven, Inkosazana of Zululand

Jailin and Virgil: When's the last time you saw a ninja with wenches?

"You just want them to be your panties, you dirty little girl!" -Ilmatar and Kellen
"Endure. In enduring, grow strong." -The Third Circle of Zerthimon

#19 Scipio

Scipio

• 1790 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:18 PM

Let's hope Chipmunk stands up to the ridiculous standards set by the lovely Eleima and the ever-utterly-adorable Choo Choo ;)

Ancient Scipio thinks you're as cute as your avatar and he wants to adopt you. He says he unofficially adopted all of his daughter's friends (the female ones) and you would get on well with her and them even if they are 10 or 15 years older than you -- they're not that boring yet. Mrs Scipio has been looking over Scipio's shoulder again and asked him why he was looking at photos of pretty girls instead of finishing the research report on the effect of total quality management on the five-year percentage change in sales, total assets and employment figures of Forbes 500 corporations. He tried to look playful as he said, "Would it be out of place to reply: 'Um.. duh?'" Mrs Scipio then read what Scipio had started typing at the top of this paragraph and said you could become an honorary Zulu princess if you don't mind wearing lots of beads. This prompted Scipio to wonder if he should create honorary vervet monkey appointments for some other members of SHS. Have you noticed how much Scipio waffles? It must be his age again.
-- Phillip William Suitcase, third-oldest of the nine cats and the most intelligent person in this room since Mrs Scipio went to make herself a mug of coffee with a dollop of chocolate in it.

#20 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • 3496 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:35 PM

Let's hope Chipmunk stands up

Is that a euphemism? :P

Well, fine. Tissy taekd pixer. I would have gotten one with Koboldling but right now she's wearing Trish's high heels and asking for "outside." "No, young lady, you are NOT going out dressed like that."

Attached File  DSCF0090.JPG   323.33K   11 downloads

Dere. Azzy saided was fuzzy. O.o

Talons at dry cleaners though.
"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard