Photo

What is the Easiest way to... X2 - ?????

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 minotaur_in_maze

minotaur_in_maze

Modding Prima-Dona

• 906 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:42 AM

Alrighty! Now I'ma cookin' wit' GAS!

Got two questions though, to make my life simpler.

Have a scene where <CHARNAME> and Co meet up with a main baddie and the fella decides to spawn in helpers to fight them.

Thing is Who/What those helpers Are DEPENDS on who is in party

IF

Aerie - Spawn Demon
Cernd - Spawn Golblin
Keldorn - Spawn Streetwalker

These are just Examples you understand... :devil:

But as I have to have different possibilities for each character (Dependant IF they Are in party, and moving down if not) what would be the easiest way to code such a critter?

Second part

Have a background NPC who, if I want to keep him properly - In Character - will need to have flirt dialogs with the fem characters in party. He also needs to provide quite a bit of quest information,
'
So how would I code it so he will flirt, but not spend ALL his time flirting, with fem party members and (or) a female <CHARNAME> - yet still keep on track enough to provide the Needed information?

Any advice would be welcome

Thank you all! :)

Minotaur In maze
They say the world is going to Hell.

They are wrong.

The world IS Hell! Always has been, always will be; except perhaps for the five percent or so of the population who can afford differently.

And, if one must reside in Hell, it is far better to do it as a minion of the Devil than as a member of the damned.
LOVE SUCKS: It makes fools and slaves of us all.
But being alone and unloved is worse.
- Nancy A. Collins "Thin Walls"

#2 Sticz

Sticz

Monkey - In the time of Chimpanzees

• 385 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 05:48 PM

I have a dungeon boss that does something very similar to this, I used scripting and dialog to complete this.

If you are wanting the MOB to chat, summon, chat some more, summon again, chat, etc. you can easily do this with the dialog, and it will solve your problems pretty cleanly. To address the characters in the party, you do this as you would in any normal dialog (interjections, etc.) and have the actions at the end of each tree summon your monsters to specific locations. Once the monsters (via death variable) are dead, have the conversation start again. This will give you your classic 'monologue' of evil-doer in between waves of henchmen.

Here is what I have, though the area script is not here, it fires the incremental dialogs:

BEGIN MISTIM

IF ~True()Global("Mistimore","GLOBAL",0)~
THEN BEGIN A_0
SAY ~Ahhh. A mortal has entered my domain. I thought I heard the moans of my children.~ [UNEARM01]
= ~You have come all this way for naught, <PRO_RACE>, you will become one of my children soon.~
= ~Let us begin our dangerous game.~
IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("Mistimore","GLOBAL",1)CreateCreature("decmist",[646.428],0)CreateCreature("decmist",[502.483],14)CreateCreature("decmist",[440.562],12)CreateCreature("decmist",[498.653],10)~ EXIT
END

IF ~True()Global("Mistimore","GLOBAL",1)~
THEN BEGIN A_1
SAY ~So, you think you can get the better of me then? These puppets are fodder, but let me get my ammusement from them.~ [UNEARM02]
= ~You will die here yet, <CHARNAME>.~
IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("Mistimore","GLOBAL",2)CreateCreature("decmis2",[646.428],0)CreateCreature("decmis2",[502.483],14)CreateCreature("decmis2",[440.562],12)CreateCreature("decmis2",[498.653],10)~ EXIT
END

IF ~True()Global("Mistimore","GLOBAL",2)~
THEN BEGIN A_2
SAY ~Very well, if you wish to be a poor sport about it, then I will deal with you myself.~ [UNEARM03]
= ~Die, fool, and may your bones walk these halls for eternity!~
IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("Mistimore","GLOBAL",3)Enemy()ForceSpell([PC],BEHOLDER_CAUSE_SERIOUS_WOUNDS)Attack(PLAYER1)~ EXIT
END

Hope this is what you were asking about, I could be off topic entirely. :blink:

Sticz
"For a crazy person, you don't drool much." Complement from Dilbert's Wally.

#3 minotaur_in_maze

minotaur_in_maze

Modding Prima-Dona

• 906 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:26 AM

This is VERY helpful, and earily close to something I am doing. Though instead of talking during the spawning, my baddie talks and then summons help - the help arriving is based on Who is in the party.

THANK YOU!!!

MiM

Attached Images

• NEW_Drellos.JPG

They say the world is going to Hell.

They are wrong.

The world IS Hell! Always has been, always will be; except perhaps for the five percent or so of the population who can afford differently.

And, if one must reside in Hell, it is far better to do it as a minion of the Devil than as a member of the damned.
LOVE SUCKS: It makes fools and slaves of us all.
But being alone and unloved is worse.
- Nancy A. Collins "Thin Walls"

#4 Sticz

Sticz

Monkey - In the time of Chimpanzees

• 385 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:19 PM

Sure thing. I havent been on here in a while and good to see my limited knowledge is useful to someone.

:cheers: Sticz
"For a crazy person, you don't drool much." Complement from Dilbert's Wally.