Challenge #34: NPC's as children

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#21 quinn

quinn
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 05:39 AM

:D kyaa thank you Ilmatar :hug: im still learning to color with photoshop XD

heck, why did i never get any exchange program w evereska junior high? this is so unfair :P

...when i see th challenge theme i once thought of young irenicus, bt i couldnt figure out how it would turn out to be, and now i see him in diapers!!! :woot: the body skin tone matches his facial skin....scary!
holy photo-manipulation artists.... :Bow:

#22 quinn

quinn
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 05:58 AM

This, is my attempt to portray Viccy, did her both in childhood and present, not really the game portrait version, as im trying to make illustrated drow elf according to their description in literatures ....did they match right?are they drow enough?are they viccy enough? :blink:

n yet smthn popped in my mind whn i see little viconia again after blueing her on photoshop:

smurfette...evil smurfette??!!? :blink:

Attached Images

• viconia_child_final.jpg

#23 quinn

quinn
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:32 AM

Posted Image

Hm. Esp the background colors failed to turn out as well as I'd hoped. But err, this'll do for now. xP

did you hand draw-and-scan the background as well as the character? :) i think th background colour is okay...though maybe th bhaalspawn symbol is a bit too big for your picture frame, it'll look even better if th symbol scaled a bit ^_^

#24 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 11:12 AM

Ah, drew em on the same paper. .p

The problem with the colors is that the foreground does not separate itself well from the BG; I'm calling it a fault of the BG because the foreground colors are closer to what I went after.
Yeahh, if I'll start fixing that it'll prolly be to up the contrast in the BG, and make it overall a little darker. Hm. Then redo my additional shading layer, which was the hastiest part of the pic thus far. .p

Oh yeah, not much of a fan of Xan's myself, but darn, very finely drawn and colroed there, and vicky too. You draw real neat faces. :Bow:

And thanks Ilmy. ^^

EDIT:

Well, er, damn. after so much analyzing, I hardly could leave the work halfway, could I? xP

Posted Image

Edited by WeeRLegion, 05 May 2008 - 12:25 PM.

#25 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:19 PM

@ Issy: :lol: That's so Imoen, love it.

@ Legion: The ninja master delivers again and even better is true. :D Curiously, how is he able to hold the blade like that? ;) The weight would be against him wouldn't it?

@ Quinn: Love those scenes, and Viconia's one has got to be my favorite at this time, incidentially, does Light side and Dark side have a reference there or not? Sure seems like it. :)

@ Vilkacis: :lol: Ze blue string with the kitten returns. :D And I think the next string will be green, but hey, I think everything will be green at some point. :whistling:

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#26 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

Loses her superpowers when exposed to chicken fat.

• 657 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 04:36 PM

Quinn, that is *amazingly* beautiful work, in both instances.

I like how you put Viccy's childhood picture right next to how she is at present.

And as for the on with Xan and Kivan, hooray for the student exchange program!

Edited by Sammi Somara, 05 May 2008 - 04:38 PM.

Err...Are paladins even allowed to say 'ass'?
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!
(Proud Member of the We Hate Elminster Club)

The Maesters of Yevon: Putting the Spira back into 'conspiracy'.

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.

#27 Neferit

Neferit

In the name of Gaider, we fight!

• 414 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:25 AM

All the entries are good - but I think that Ilmatar should start new topic just for Xan-oriented challenges :rolleyes:
Heck no, b - I used the word the way I use things like "twitter", and "iPod" - my first inclination is to ask "what birdcall are you studying?" and I think of "I pod, You (singular) pod, He pods, She pods, They pod, You (plural) pod, We pod..."

Writings ►☼◄ Visual Shiny Pretties ►☼◄ Another Writings

►☼◄

You think you still have some brain in your head?

►☼◄►☼◄

#28 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

• 2925 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:47 AM

'Zomg! Xan in a bathtub!' 'Zomg! Xan hugging a tree!' 'Zomg! Xan pissing behind the copper coronet when he got too drunk!' 'OMG! THEY KILLED XAN!' x]

Edited by WeeRLegion, 06 May 2008 - 11:48 AM.

#29 Madeleine

Madeleine
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:15 PM

Wow.... such wonderful works...

Here is a young Edwin...

Attached File  Edwin.pdf   9.02MB   572 downloads

And here is a young Aerie...

Attached File  Aerie_3.pdf   18.12MB   421 downloads

#30 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:33 AM

Wow, that Irenicus one is creeeepyyy. Nice :) .

Ah, my triumphant return to the fanart challenges (haven't done one since the holidays challenge, folks!)
So here's Anomen, enduring another one of his father's abusive drunken spells.
img039.jpg
(Note: I don't really remember whether Lord Cor was always a drunken arse or if that happened later in Anomen's life, but I decided to go with the idea, anyway...)
(I like parentheses.)

#31 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:42 AM

Cor didn't start drinking until his wife died, and Anomen was newly squired at the time. According to most martial traditions, that would occur at about the age of 14/15, so I'd have to say you've got that perfectly right. Cor is a new drunkard, not a hardened one, and Anomen is a boy of 14/15, and really disgusted by his father's intoxication. He isn't hardened to it yet, either.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#32 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:57 AM

Cor didn't start drinking until his wife died, and Anomen was newly squired at the time. According to most martial traditions, that would occur at about the age of 14/15, so I'd have to say you've got that perfectly right. Cor is a new drunkard, not a hardened one, and Anomen is a boy of 14/15, and really disgusted by his father's intoxication. He isn't hardened to it yet, either.

Ah, neato, I wasn't too far off, then. Perhaps a bit more girth on Anomen would have hit the spot, eh? Oh well.
(I like parentheses.)

#33 Isilven

Isilven

DANNY TREJO, DUKE OF THE WESTERN LOWLANDS

• 1236 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:18 AM

*stares at Galsic's Anomen picture*
*wibbles* :crying:

BAAAAW IT'S OKAY ANOMEN I STILL LOVE YOU, HERE, HAVE SOME SOUP! ;_;

Poor thing :(

hlyeo.jpg

Inkosazana

"You just want them to be your panties, you dirty little girl!" -Ilmatar and Kellen
"Endure. In enduring, grow strong." -The Third Circle of Zerthimon

#34 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:36 AM

:cheers: Well presented Galsic.
Oddly enough, I do know how Anomen would resent his father - unlike him, I was lucky in the end.

It's ok Anomen, I'll buy that big mace for you... so long as you agree to cut the current problem please.

It's a codac moment. :)

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#35 Isilven

Isilven

DANNY TREJO, DUKE OF THE WESTERN LOWLANDS

• 1236 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 04:00 AM

It's a codac moment. :)

More like a codeine moment... I need something to calm me down. ;_; POOR ANOMEN.

hlyeo.jpg

Inkosazana

"You just want them to be your panties, you dirty little girl!" -Ilmatar and Kellen
"Endure. In enduring, grow strong." -The Third Circle of Zerthimon

#36 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:15 AM

Viccy and Xan have to be the cutest children around :wub:

Now,

SHS_Ch_34.jpg

I think that the whole Nether Scroll fiasco could have turned out much worse. I also firmly believe that Haer'Dalis has a tail hidden behind all those robes and armor.
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#37 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

• 2925 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:45 AM

She looks so frustrated there, poor thing. T_T
Makes me want to jump in and spank those tiny chaotic spawns of wickedness to oblivion and back. xP

Heehee...
Real nice. Real nice. Like the line strength variations. Well drawn comrade! ^^

#38 Alatariel

Alatariel

Inquisitor!

• 479 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:05 AM

OMG, Doxia... You are wicked! Me loves it :wub:
'NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency! Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surpr-... I'll come in again.

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!... Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms - Oh damn!'

#39 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

Loses her superpowers when exposed to chicken fat.

• 657 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:51 PM

All the entries are good - but I think that Ilmatar should start new topic just for Xan-oriented challenges :rolleyes:

Aw, do we really draw him that much? *innocent little smile*
...Still, that'd be a very fun thing to do...if she did, you know I'd be there in a flash.

Wow, that Irenicus one is creeeepyyy. Nice :) .

Ah, my triumphant return to the fanart challenges (haven't done one since the holidays challenge, folks!)
So here's Anomen, enduring another one of his father's abusive drunken spells.
img039.jpg
(Note: I don't really remember whether Lord Cor was always a drunken arse or if that happened later in Anomen's life, but I decided to go with the idea, anyway...)

Aw poor little Annie-boy! Even I feel sorry for him, and I usually hate the guy.
Err...Are paladins even allowed to say 'ass'?
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!
(Proud Member of the We Hate Elminster Club)

The Maesters of Yevon: Putting the Spira back into 'conspiracy'.

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.

#40 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 01:46 AM

Let me add (belatedly, perhaps) that WeeRLegion's submission is quite the improvement. I was quite tickled by it!

And yeah, even if I'm not a big fan of Anomen character-wise, I figured he deserves at least some sympathy for his earlier life. A pity I couldn't portray the situation more accurately. No matter...

Next up: Aerie! I might have made her wings a bit bigger had I more space on the page, but I guess it ain't a big deal.

Attached Images

• img058.jpg

(I like parentheses.)