Photo

Jade Empire PC Modlist

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 -pecoes-

-pecoes-

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:06 AM

Not sure what a "shamless" plug would be, but what I meant to write was "shameless". Of course. But you already guessed that, didn't you? I'll shut up now.

#22 -Qoor-

-Qoor-

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:12 AM

hello could someone give me a working link to the barney's character mod?

#23 -pecoes-

-pecoes-

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:35 PM

I've been looking for that one myself, but I'm afraid it's gone. I even tried the wayback machine. No luck.

You could try to contact the modder and ask him if he still has a copy. If he does, he (or you) could host it at social.bioware.com by creating a "project".

#24 -Qoor-

-Qoor-

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:58 AM

thanks pecoes

#25 Hina

Hina
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:33 AM

So this is a bit old, but I wonder whether there is any recommendation of installation order regarding these mods. I don't want to install them all, but I don't know if it is even possible to install more than one at the same time. Any useful links? :whistling:
Thank you,
Hina

Edited by Hina, 07 September 2011 - 11:33 AM.

#26 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:58 AM

So this is a bit old, but I wonder whether there is any recommendation of installation order regarding these mods. I don't want to install them all, but I don't know if it is even possible to install more than one at the same time. Any useful links? :whistling:

Well, I would say that you are best of installing one mod, a big one, meaning this. Ouh, yeah, the -pecoes- previous link works too for the entire explanation what the mod does.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#27 Hina

Hina
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:11 PM

Sorry, but the mod's site is a bit vague about explaining: Are *all* the mods mentioned here included in this one? As I take it it contains only those posted under "new styles". What about those under "new gems and weapons" and "convenience and tweak mods"? Especially the Monk Reskin and the Kiss Fix? Should I just install them after that *big* mod or are any of them incompatible with any other?
Thanks for your help!

#28 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:31 PM

Should I just install them after that *big* mod or are any of them incompatible with any other?

Well, most of the mods won't actually be "installed", as they just override the old files, so you just replace the files with the once you like more. I would make backups... just in case the game crashes.
And remember that as this game is so old, the override is only effected if the game is not in the Program Files sub-folder on the newer Operation Systems, just like in BG2.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 07 September 2011 - 01:33 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#29 pecoes

pecoes
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:00 AM

Sorry, but the mod's site is a bit vague about explaining: Are *all* the mods mentioned here included in this one? As I take it it contains only those posted under "new styles". What about those under "new gems and weapons" and "convenience and tweak mods"? Especially the Monk Reskin and the Kiss Fix? Should I just install them after that *big* mod or are any of them incompatible with any other?
Thanks for your help!

Each and every one of those styles that other mods make available are available in my mod as well - and a few more. I did modify a number of them though, so they may not be 100% identical. I can post a full list of styles, if if helps.

The gay romance mod and the gay threesome mod are included (almost) unaltered. They're not strictly speaking a part of my mod, but I installed them at some point and now they've become inseparable because I modified a number of the same files. (And because I fixed some of their bugs.)

The next version of my mod will feature an easy-to-use way to make each and every NPC model playable. It will also make it easy for people with zero modding knowledge to create their own reskins. As examples I'll include my own Radiant Jen Zi reskin, stoffe's Radiant Jen Zi reskin and whatever else I can find.

Not included in my mod:

• Easy Minigame Mod
  • Jade Empire Difficulty Tweak
  • Three Brother's Gems
  • Smarter Allies
  • any mods that change the models of party members

If you're interested in using any of these let me know! I doubt any of them are compatible with my mod. They can surely be made compatible, but it will take some doing.

Edited by pecoes, 15 September 2011 - 10:26 AM.

#30 Hina

Hina
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:21 AM

Maybe it could be a good idea to add such informations in a readme or at your website? :whistling:
Good day!

#31 pecoes

pecoes
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:22 PM

Maybe it could be a good idea to add such informations in a readme or at your website? :whistling:
Good day!

Yes, good point! I've updated the Compatibility section on the main page. Hopefully that clarifies things a bit.

#32 Hina

Hina
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:17 PM

Definetely better now! If I'm ever going to play it again, I'll try your work out.

#33 Hina

Hina
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 05:27 AM

Oh, and maybe I could convince you to include these too:

Bugfixes -
o 1. Closed Fist Dawn Star + Silk Fox: This mod makes sure that if you convince both DS and SF to turn to the Dark Side, they will not turn on you if you recruit Death's Hand or/and poison the Water Dragon
o 2. Silk Fox Without Face Covering During Conversations: With this mod installed, Silk Fox will remove her face-covering when engaged in conversation and put it back on when it terminates.
o 3. Black Whirlwind Arena Fix: There is a bug in the game that prevents you from asking BW about the arena after you defeat Lucky Cho.You can now ask him about the arena throughout the whole chapter 3.
o 4. Greater Music Track Variety: Some music tracks are reused way too often, while some are not used at all. Installing this mod will fix that.
o 5. Party Members with More HP: This very simple mod that will give your party members more hit points.

Especially 1. is incompatible with the mentioned romance mods as yet.
Just my 2 cents (in the true sense of the word :) ).

#34 pecoes

pecoes
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:53 AM

Oh, and maybe I could convince you to include these too:

Bugfixes -
o 1. Closed Fist Dawn Star + Silk Fox: This mod makes sure that if you convince both DS and SF to turn to the Dark Side, they will not turn on you if you recruit Death's Hand or/and poison the Water Dragon
o 2. Silk Fox Without Face Covering During Conversations: With this mod installed, Silk Fox will remove her face-covering when engaged in conversation and put it back on when it terminates.
o 3. Black Whirlwind Arena Fix: There is a bug in the game that prevents you from asking BW about the arena after you defeat Lucky Cho.You can now ask him about the arena throughout the whole chapter 3.
o 4. Greater Music Track Variety: Some music tracks are reused way too often, while some are not used at all. Installing this mod will fix that.
o 5. Party Members with More HP: This very simple mod that will give your party members more hit points.

Especially 1. is incompatible with the mentioned romance mods as yet.
Just my 2 cents (in the true sense of the word :) ).

2, 3 and 4 sound great. I should really include those!

I'm not so sure about 1. Doesn't that break the story a little too much?

I don't know about 5 either. Personally I never minded the party members being useless in combat. It's just more heroic if have to save their butts all the time, isn't it? :) But it wouldn't hurt I suppose...

So that's a yes to 2, 3, 4 and 5 and a perhaps to 1. Do you have download links by any chance?

BTW Things like this are best discussed in my mod's own forum. ;)

#35 Hina

Hina
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:36 AM

Oh, I just quoted from a previous post in this thread. The link is there.
Regarding 1: As I take it it would just be consistent, but maybe someone should try it out first.
But maybe you are right with 5.

#36 -Revan-of-lailah-

-Revan-of-lailah-

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:50 PM

Woot, finally someone wants to do some JE mods. Any luck with that next version, pecoes? (Make npc playable).

-Revan

#37 -ArisTei-

-ArisTei-

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:31 PM

The links to mods from post 14 are dead. Could someone reupload them?

#38 -Guest1-

-Guest1-

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:56 PM

Reup the links, please!

#39 -Skelo-

-Skelo-

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:29 AM

yah plz reupload. especially 1!!! that is the only thing i have being looking for after jade empire in style made my game awsome! i just want to turn both my characters closed fist. I don't think it breaks the storyline; i think its rather stupid of bioware that you can only change one person's allignment. infact, turn sky too.

#40 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:39 AM

I'm afraid I don't have any of the linked mods, so I can't help -- if anyone knows where they've been relocated I can edit the thread.