Photo

[AUDIO] Soundset - Female (Oblivion Sound Sets)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 brucevayne

brucevayne
  • Modder
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:13 PM

1. Are you looking for a voice set for a man, a woman or something else?

Woman.

2. How many lines would need to be voiced?

~60

3. Describe what kind of a voice you are after (tell something about the character if needed)!

For now the most needed sound sets are: assasin(deadly and sexy), palladin-knight(young and eager, loyal to her god), sorceress(an exemplary student of magic arts).

If you have some other ideas on characters you would like to cover, feel free to do that.

4. Preferred format of the audio files?

.wav 22 kHz, mono, 16 bit

5. Any deadlines?

No, I will wait as long as necessary.

6. What game and what mod is this for?

TESIV:Oblivion

7. Anything else you'd like to mention?

The sound sets I need are for my mod: Oblivion Sound Sets.
There is one problem though: lately my free time become very limited, and since I don't have much experience in writing script_s, I'm afraid I cannot afford to sacrifice too much time on doing this. I could give you some guidelines about what I need though. Basicly here is what I need:

Here are the comments I need:

- starting to sneak(2x);

- being noticed when sneaking(2x);

- battle started(2x);

- battlecry(6 - 8x);

- after the battle(2x);

- when combat ends without killing anyone/being killed = the enemy has fled, or the PC has fled. Comments like "next time", "you will fall yet!", "Damn!" would be perfect;

- an epic battle comment(used after the "epic' battle);

- dying;

- stealing/pickpocketing(2x);

- comment for wandering during the day;

- comment for wandering during the night;

- comment for wandering in the city;

- comment for wandering in the wilderness(e.g. forest);

- comment for exploring the dungeons/ruins(dangerous areas);

- comment for exploring the realm of Oblivion;

- equipping a weapon(2x);

- equipping a weapon when sneaking(2x);

- sheathing a weapon(2x);

- trespassing;

- bored when standing still;

- after waking up;

- discovering a new location(forts, ruins, caves,etc.);

- completing a quest(fame increased), (3 - 4x);

- completing a quest(infamy increased), (3 -4x) ;

- becomeing a leader of some organization(e.g. Mages Guild, Fighters Guild,...);

- badly wounded;

- encumbered;

- being hit(3x);

- powerattack(3x);

- tired;

If you have any questions about the realities of Oblivion - feel free to ask.

brucevayne

Edited by brucevayne, 03 May 2008 - 03:16 PM.

#2 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:00 PM

It looks like you're looking for a writer as well as a VA. It's hard getting somebody to voice your mod under the best of circumstances, but that is magnified exponentially when the VA has to write her own lines.

I'm not saying this to discourage you, but it might be a while before you get any takers.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#3 brucevayne

brucevayne
  • Modder
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:16 PM

Ok, I'l take my chance ^_^
To be honest: since english is not my native language it's hard for me to prepare a good script(not a banal one); other thing is that my free time is very limited and I simply don't have enough of it to spend hours with the dictionary looking for most adequate translation of some expression. The only way is to ask somebody to prepare the script for me. I can only add that three male voiceactors have already prepared both scripts and sounds for me.

brucevayne

#4 brucevayne

brucevayne
  • Modder
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 09:28 AM

What about you, berelinde? Would you like to record a set for me?

brucevayne

Edited by brucevayne, 04 May 2008 - 09:28 AM.

#5 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:16 AM

I have very little free time, and already have two soundsets ahead of it in the cue, but if somebody else writes it, I'd record it, after the the other two.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods

#6 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 06:31 PM

Surprisingly (or not), it doesn't look like the Oblivion sound sets are too different from BG2. I bet you could swipe most of what you're looking for from existing PC Soundsets, assuming you got writer/voice actor approval. It's not like there'd be any conflict, since you'd be using the sounds for a completely different game.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#7 brucevayne

brucevayne
  • Modder
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:22 AM

Surprisingly (or not), it doesn't look like the Oblivion sound sets are too different from BG2. I bet you could swipe most of what you're looking for from existing PC Soundsets, assuming you got writer/voice actor approval. It's not like there'd be any conflict, since you'd be using the sounds for a completely different game.

Well, the BG soundsets consists of ~ 40 sounds, the number of sounds I need id about 60. Aslo I would rather avoid using Faerun specific lines, I would be happy to put some Tamriel specific lines instead. I have tried such thing in the past, and often the result was not satisfactory.

Should anyone decide to prepare a set for me - go ahead and ask me questions about realm of Tamriel or anything you need.

brucevayne

#8 brucevayne

brucevayne
  • Modder
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 02:01 PM

Would anyone help me?

#9 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 02:12 PM

All right, let's try this from a different angle. You said you've gotten several males to both write and record soundsets for you. Often times, soundsets work perfectly well for either gender. Post the written text of one of your male soundsets, and maybe it will work for a female, too.

berelinde's mods

#10 brucevayne

brucevayne
  • Modder
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 04:58 AM

All right, let's try this from a different angle. You said you've gotten several males to both write and record soundsets for you. Often times, soundsets work perfectly well for either gender. Post the written text of one of your male soundsets, and maybe it will work for a female, too.

Hmm, that's an idea, I'll just have to ask the script authors for a permission to use their work first.

cheers

Edited by brucevayne, 17 May 2008 - 04:59 AM.

#11 Jeneara

Jeneara
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:40 PM

hmm i'll have a look to see what i can write and voice for you. can't promise anything but i'll try.