• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 03:02 PM

We have the .tra files and readme available if anyone wants to translate Aurora into another language. We already have offers for French and Spanish (though at least the latter might welcome assistance). If you're interested in doing a translation, post here or PM me with the language you're interested in.

We have no firm release date, but I would say it is "fairly imminent" at this point. But I also have no sense of time, so don't take that extremely precise estimate to mean anything :whistling:. If the translations are finished by the time we're ready to release, we'll include them. Otherwise we'll include them in a future release (probably not a problem since the first release will be a beta).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#2 Yuwakusha

Yuwakusha
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:43 PM

I'd be pleased to do a German translation. If you still need it of course.

:D

Yuwakusha

#3 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 07:18 PM

That would be great. I'll PM you the password to the workroom :).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#4 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 07:04 AM

I've moved the translation to the workroom--thanks :)

Miloch's not been around since August; I do not know when he'll be back to finish the items or incorporate the translations. Hopefully soon!

Mods: <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.shsforums...-auroras-shoes/">Aurora's Shoes (released),

#5 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:16 AM

Ho there, can I have one for polish translation?

#6 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:16 PM

Ultimately, we'd love one. However--Miloch has disappeared & he has the trafied versions of the files on his computer--and all the items. Until he gets back, I don't want to ask for more translations. If he doesn't come back, I can probably finish the code based on what I have, but it'll be retrafied and that will mess with what translators have already done---which would not make anyone happy, I don't think--and we'll need another item maker. So--hopefully, he'll be back soon.

Edit: Oh--are you saying you've already done one? If so, please PM me and I'll send you the password.

Edited by Bookwyrme, 13 January 2009 - 02:20 PM.

Mods: <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.shsforums...-auroras-shoes/">Aurora's Shoes (released),

#7 --Miloch--

--Miloch--

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:01 PM

German is done, French is in progress. I don't think Spanish is started but Immortality agreed to do it when she has time. If there's a Polish translation or others, ask Bookwyrme for workroom access and post it there. All the .tra files are there too and have been for almost a year. I'll be back to finish what I've got and include everything else "soon enough" (whatever that means in orc-drow time :P).

#8 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 12:17 AM

Link is protected with password. I want to translate this mod. :)

#9 --Miloch--

--Miloch--

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:21 PM

Link is protected with password. I want to translate this mod. :)

We decided to implement one last pair of boots we've been struggling with for a while. It involves dialogue and therefore a few more .tra strings. So we'll let you know when we're done with that, so you don't have to do the translating twice <_<.