A Series of Queries

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#81 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:23 PM

Everyone knows how pesky beards and mustaches can be in close quarter combat! Better leave it to the magical users and or dwarfs and gnomes who dont seem to mind!

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#82 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:41 PM

By the way, Why, among humans, only mages are allowed to sport beards? It's just unfair.... :angry:

Bad enough that they have to wear a dress to work everyday... they need to have some way of reasserting their masculinity.

Although it's strange cause Anomen, Keldorn, Valygar, and Yoshimo all have beards in their portraits.

#83 MrToughGuy

MrToughGuy
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:26 PM

Don't think this one is in here yet:
In Irenicus' Dungeon, why doesn't Imoen tell Jaheira that Khalid is dead before they find his corpse?

That's easy. She wanted it to be a surprise!
Posted Image

#84 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:06 AM

Along the same lines as Bodhi being a vampire, why doesn't the PC get the dialogue options to say "yes, I figured out Irenicus was an elf" because after reading his journal in Spellhold and especially after talking to Bodhi, it's bleedin' obvious!

#85 darlarosa

darlarosa

A rush and a push and the land we stand on is ours!

• 384 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:47 AM

Why do you let a bad influence such as Bodhi stay around Irenicus??
We could argue all day about whether or not I'm a reprehensible human being...Posted Image

"Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
Ill make you a believer"

- Depeche Mode

Posted Image ------Posted Image ]------Posted Image------Posted Image----------Posted Image---------Posted Image----Posted Image------Posted Image-------Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image------Posted Image------Posted Image--------Posted Image-------------Posted Image-------------------- click my dragon if you luv meh!

#86 Rastor

Rastor

Yes, I really am a dragon. Yes, I am a jerk. Live with it.

• 2001 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:14 PM

Although it's strange cause Anomen, Keldorn, Valygar, and Yoshimo all have beards in their portraits.

Yes, well, they are so poorly endowed that they also need to reassert their masculinity! :devil:
Home of Kitanya, Improved Asylum, more...

Posted Image

#87 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:14 PM

I have a new one.

Why is it that when you accept the responsibility to govern Nalia's keep, and you are faced with that cleric of Tempus who wants to set up shop in family chapel, he knows where to go? He says he can find his own way there, but the chapel is accessed through a secret door in Lady Delcia Caan's bedchamber. How well does he know the family, anyway?

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#88 Sir_Carnifex

Sir_Carnifex

Scourge of Kobolds

• 290 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:55 PM

I have a new one.

Why is it that when you accept the responsibility to govern Nalia's keep, and you are faced with that cleric of Tempus who wants to set up shop in family chapel, he knows where to go? He says he can find his own way there, but the chapel is accessed through a secret door in Lady Delcia Caan's bedchamber. How well does he know the family, anyway?

Stop it! You'll give Jcompton ideas for his Lady Delcia Caan Romance Mod! :P
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

#89 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 12:07 PM

-Why aren't there any really good, interesting, cleric or druid NPC mods in exsistance for bg2??

Religion?

Someday I may try it... Someday. Maybe. (I have ideas...)
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#90 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 02:27 PM

Darian will have an option to be a ranger/cleric, for one, on the day that hell freezes over and I finish him.

On that note, one question Darian himself points out-who the heck designs a keep so that the only way into the basement is via a passage on the second floor, concealed behind two or three secret doors?

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#91 Sir_Carnifex

Sir_Carnifex

Scourge of Kobolds

• 290 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:47 PM

Necropost!

I'm going to be playing through BG2 again soon, so I'll have a new list of these queries I'm sure. Meanwhile, I edited the first post to include all of the mysteries that I posed in various posts. The expanded first post now provides sixteen questions to boggle the mind. I'll add on in the same manner as I go.
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

#92 Kuugen

Kuugen
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:43 PM

We hear ( and see ) so much about God's chosen, favored, avatars and the sorts ( not to mention avatars and clerics of dead gods and the sort ) so why in bloody's hell does nobody of those people mind if you go and slaughter an entire temple, the high priest and the followers in the name of your own god. You'd think the other god would be at least somewhat angry and send you some harassing godly mail or something.

_How_ in the world do ORCS get in the true shadowthieves guild? They are there if you work for bodhi and go to murder aran. Why, in the hell are there orcs in the hall ways? Why does aran wait patiently in his room, apparently totally unaware that you are making a large ruckus in his guild, slaughtering everyone? Why are there only a dozen thieves in that entire guild down there? Shadow thieves are supposed to be that. Thieves. how come nobody ever bothers to go and try to backstab you? How exactly do you backstap someone in full plate, wearing a dozen magical items anyway?

How come you can swallow potion after potion after potion after potion without ever getting sick of it? I once drunk over 200 potions of superior healing and 30 oil of speed in _ONE DAY_. You would think that either the PC has to go to the toilet pretty often ( what were those bags they carry around for unlimited 'stacking'? ) or that at least someone comments on your addiction to potions.

Why are there roulettes and the sort in the circus? Why is there no stage? no performers? where are the rooms for their costumes and the sort? Why does the circus stand there forever? I once took over SIX HUNDRED days from chapter 1 to 7 and I went and the circus was still there!

WHY does the guard bother to tell me to find an Inn in the slums when everyone else apparently is just fine sleeping in the streets? ( beggars etc )

Where do all the people go when it's suddenly night? They are not in the houses.

How come you lose reputation if you imprison someone but nobody cares enough to go hostile? If you punch someone for 1 damage, you have a whole raging town of hostile peasants on your track, though. Why do they go hostile anyway? Do these peasants think they can beat a party that virtually stinks of magic items? You'd think even peasants have some common sense.

Why do dragons always have the same interior-design for their lairs, except the shadow dragons, who apparently can't afford lairs of their own and have to rent one from the local shadow lord. Is there only one dragon-lair architect avaible? Where do these dragons keep their hoards anyway? No matter how much I look, their lairs look pretty much dead-end with the only way out being the dungeon I just plundered.

Why does Adalon not notice when I masacred the _entire_ drow city and didn't leave a single drow alive? You'd think that at least the elves would notice that I practically annihilated a entire drow city and that they would ask me to go my ways and proceed where i started.

Why is the ONLY governmental institute the council of six? There seem to be a lot of bureaucracy in athlakata but you never see anyone working like that. Heck, there seems to be a total lack of a written law. Do they just make laws up and go as they want? What kind of "council" is that anyway? And where are those "six" the name speaks of?

Why is the sahaguin city such a "dry" place? You'd think they would have a underwater city that ISN'T protected by a ENORMOUS air bubble so that passing by PC's might breath just enough to leave their entire city death and bloody. ( yes I do that everytime. Sahaguin are evil )

Why does none of the races ( beholder, Kara-tur, illithid ) ever hold a grudge against you for terminating a entire city of their people? Why does the spectator beholder in ToB not mention such a thing? Why is no one send to find out the cause of that? Why does nobody mention anything that you basically assasinated everthing that walks in the part of the underdark you are in? Why can a group of drow travel from Ust Nata to another drow city but you can't? Is there some sort of ubar-hidden drow-only VIP gateway we are unaware of?

Why are you forced to be good and disrupt the ritual of the drow even if you are chaotic evil, want to kill adalon anyway and hate elves with a passion? Why can't you decide to join the drow and then backstab Irenicus when it's most convient?

while on the drow topic, why is suldanesselar so overrun with stuff if the elves managed to hold back the drow all this time ( while you were down in that city, killing everyone ) and yet seem so helpless against golems and stuff? When Irenicus attacks the city, you'd think the drow ( whom you killed all ) would attack, but there is not one of them.

How come the vampires Bodhi has with her stay patiently in that tomb and wait for you ( the cleric ) to come and blast them to smitherens. You'd think they notice too, if half of them would suddenly blow up out of nowhere ( invisible cleric turning undead ) and that they would call Bodhi, who also waits patiently for you to buff up and walk into her room.

Why in hell's name is it called the nine hells when there are only five caves? Did someone at Bioware skip basic math when they were in school?

Why are you, suddenly, aware of the small teeth pass, the north forest and the tethyr forest when you come back from the underdark? did they just "grow" while you were down there? Or was there some ultra powerful illusion spell to keep adventuring PC's from going there? If so, why? there is nothing there!!

Why is the only thing we see of the tree of life a lot of roots? You'd think there has to be a trunk somewhere. Not to mention, you'd think a tree as powerful and old as that would know better than sitting defenseless in a city of elves, protected by some ultra almighty avatar. ( who seems to be not so almighty when it comes to actually doing something )

Why in the name of Ao do you only find the same stupid temples everywhere? You'd think that some powerful gods like Cyric, Mystra and a few others would have their own temples. But noooo. You need to have a temple of waukeen, who is dead. Also, Helm and Tyr seem quite... popular. So why does Helm have his Temple, located right next to the Lathander temple even, and Tyr doesn't get any? Why is there a temple of talos no 100 feet away from the temple of lathander but people seem to think thats perfectly normal.

WHAT IN THE WORLD POWERS ALL THOSE DEVICES THAT PRODUCE ELECTRICITY OR JUST SPIN FOR NO APPARANT REASON?

Why in the world does night and day always come to the same time? Do the forgotten realms not have a year? It seems to be eternally spring there. Must be really bad to not have summer, autumm or winter. How exactly does anything grow on the fields like that? Where are all the weath, bread, whatever else merchants? Why does every merchant have readily a supply of weapons like Amm is going to war the world every moment? Why are these amish guards so ridiculously weak? You'd think that in a city full of potent magic items, chosen of gods, powerful wizards, evil organizations and vampire lairs, the city guard would be chosen a BIT more carefully.

While on that, why does the city guard try to hit anything red with the BLUNT WOOD SHAFT OF A SPEAR? You'd think that even morons like the amish guard knows how to use a spear.

Why is it impossible to equip two bows? You'd think if a fighter can keep four two-handed swords ready anytime that a ranger/archer was able to switch between two long bows. But apparently there is a ban on that. I'm sure the council of six made that one up because they dont like bows.

Why is there such a ridiculous excesss on sword fighters? Training in Swordmanship is much more costy and intensive than their blunt or piercing counterparts.

why does nobody ( tolgerias ) mention that you slaughtered a good two dozen of cowled wizards in the streets if you do? Where is their headquarter anyway? One would think that at least that should show up somewhere. would be a great place to loot. ( Or maybe it's like the invisible university [see discworld] and only part of it is visible. Even so, where is that giant iron door? And why does no-one of the cowled wizards smoke? Why does NOBODY smoke at all? )

How does a party of six people all fit into a single peasant-priced room at the next best Inn?

Why do NPC's always talk of RICH and WOW SO MUCH GOLD when you give them 1000 and you find just about that in the next barrel?

How exactly are all these houses kept lit even at night? I don't see any torches. Is there some sort of ultra-convient light-spell that is put there permanently?

Why do people always say the same even if you talk to them dozens of times? Why do some important npc's keep repeating their plead for help until you agree? Why can't you just walk away? ( if you are evil )

How come you can steal and sell the same piece of equipment ( uniques even ) to the same merchant ( fence ) so often? Are they fucking blind or do they really think that there are five-hundred Carsomyr +6?

thats enough for now...

#93 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:18 AM

Why has no one opened up a store where I can buy a bottle of the hair dye Imoen uses in her hair? I wasn't aware that Garnier was so popular in the realms.

Edited by theacefes, 18 July 2009 - 12:19 AM.

DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#94 -Yet another Guest-

-Yet another Guest-

Posted 27 December 2009 - 08:07 AM

3) How is it that you can pay someone 100 gold to identify something for you when they've been sitting in the same place in the same city for the entire game time and there is no way judging by their level that they could have survived traveling Faerun to discover what the item is. Not to mention that the idea of an Identify spell is ridiculous in itself.

I believe the spell is a form of Divination that is similiar to the spell "Contact other Planes" in the IWD series. Except that the spell gives you information on the items you wished to identify rather than giving you answers and requests on the area/quest/etc.

And we all well know that planes are complicated, not even I can fully understand how everything worked, but oh well, Identify makes sense to me.. In the Forgotten Realms.