Photo

quest timing

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 darlarosa

darlarosa

A rush and a push and the land we stand on is ours!

• 384 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 09:03 AM

Well in my game Sebastian has told lyel to basically as someone earlier said "get lost". And I am already to the point where I can fight Irenicus, as I've gone through the entire elven city and released the avatar Rillifane guy. I don't want to go on and fight Irenicus until I've completed their quest but it's taking forever. I've seen a post like this before but it wasn't very clear to me, so I ask how do you speed it up?

Also should I leave the city for their quest stuff to happen?
We could argue all day about whether or not I'm a reprehensible human being...Posted Image

"Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
Ill make you a believer"

- Depeche Mode

Posted Image ------Posted Image ]------Posted Image------Posted Image----------Posted Image---------Posted Image----Posted Image------Posted Image-------Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image------Posted Image------Posted Image--------Posted Image-------------Posted Image-------------------- click my dragon if you luv meh!

#2 Miss Sakaki

Miss Sakaki

Modder

• Modder
  • 505 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 12:54 PM

Oops, you've run into a rare and lame bug there. For some reason I didn't include the final chapter as a point in which the quest continues. It'll be fixed in the next version! In the meantime, use the console to CreateCreature("FHLKAV") - if that doesn't work, then let us know.

#3 darlarosa

darlarosa

• 384 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:01 AM

Oops, you've run into a rare and lame bug there. For some reason I didn't include the final chapter as a point in which the quest continues. It'll be fixed in the next version! In the meantime, use the console to CreateCreature("FHLKAV") - if that doesn't work, then let us know.

I'm a techie dunce I'm afraid, what do you mean by console?I probably could guess but I want to be sure
We could argue all day about whether or not I'm a reprehensible human being...Posted Image

"Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
Ill make you a believer"

- Depeche Mode

Posted Image ------Posted Image ]------Posted Image------Posted Image----------Posted Image---------Posted Image----Posted Image------Posted Image-------Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image------Posted Image------Posted Image--------Posted Image-------------Posted Image-------------------- click my dragon if you luv meh!

#4 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:47 AM

It means using CLUAConsole to spawn the character into the game.

You first have to enable debug mode if it isn't already on. Open the baldur configuration file in the SoA folder, and under the Program Options add in this line:
Debug Mode=1

Load the game, press Ctrl+Spacebar to open the console, then type CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("FHLKAV") and press Enter.

#5 darlarosa

darlarosa

• 384 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:59 PM

It means using CLUAConsole to spawn the character into the game.

You first have to enable debug mode if it isn't already on. Open the baldur configuration file in the SoA folder, and under the Program Options add in this line:
Debug Mode=1

Load the game, press Ctrl+Spacebar to open the console, then type CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("FHLKAV") and press Enter.

Still a dunce, all it says the basic game options: basic, hotkeys, graphics game play

gah I feel like an idoit because I know the answer lies in front of me :(

"Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
Ill make you a believer"

- Depeche Mode

#6 Miss Sakaki

Miss Sakaki

Modder

• Modder
  • 505 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:22 PM

Don't worry! I've gotten confused with that before too. There's a file called baldur.ini in your BG2 directory which you can open using a text editor, and under the heading [Program options] just enter what Nix said. Also under [Game options] you can do "Cheats=1" which has come in handy more times than I care to mention. :whistling:

#7 darlarosa

darlarosa

• 384 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:55 PM

thanks, but let me make sure I'm screwing this up;

I put Debug Mode=1 directly under [Program options] and loaded the game and did the ctrl&space thing, but it did nothing . Do I have to save and exit the notepad or...?

"Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
Ill make you a believer"

- Depeche Mode

#8 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:31 PM

Yes, save and exit Notepad first, and then start up BG2.

#9 darlarosa

darlarosa

• 384 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:43 AM

Yes, save and exit Notepad first, and then start up BG2.

I did and still can't open the console. When you mean load the game, it doesn't matter the screen

Darla is getting aggravated :angry:

"Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
Ill make you a believer"

- Depeche Mode

#10 darlarosa

darlarosa

• 384 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:19 PM

Never mind I got it thank you for all the help ^_^

"Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
Ill make you a believer"

- Depeche Mode