Photo

Tashia isn't compatible with TDD ToB v1.0.3!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 kozand

kozand
  • 156 posts

Posted 13 July 2002 - 12:22 AM

Kelsey and Tashia aren't compatible with TDD 1.0.3 ToB. Reasons unknown but they cause game killer issues. Worldmap gets corrupted denying access to some areas and you don't hear much of SoA and ToB sounds. Since Jason has no intention to make Kelsey compatible with TDD 1.0.3 I edit this post. No pestering is needed for Arian, for my speculations are largely proved false. But you are warned! Don't install them on top of TDD 1.0.3!

Interestingly enough this has stirred many flamings in TeamBG chat in according to Ken's now deleted post. Somebody even accused Ken and tried to force him make TDD compatible with WeiDU mods!!! :angry: Had I foreseen this foolishness, I wouldn't have posted my warning. Still I feel responsible for people who tries to play as much mods as possible. Anyway uninstalling Tashia and Kelsey normally, restores your TDD 1.0.3 to its previous state.

#2 -stormbringer-

-stormbringer-

Posted 13 July 2002 - 10:49 AM

ok
but the order of the install is

SOA
SOA official patch
TOB
TOB official patch
TDD V1.0 or any patched TDD up to 1.02Q anyways thats the last patch i got before 1.03
TDD V1.03
TDD Baldurdash
TDD baldurdash patch L (I believe its L ...look on kickass net to be sure for the file)
then anyway weidu files :)

#3 -knowledgable-

-knowledgable-

Posted 13 July 2002 - 12:23 PM

Wrong, Stormbringer. You are not up to date. The original poster is and is correct in how he upgraded TDD.

#4 -Wolfie-

-Wolfie-

Posted 13 July 2002 - 01:30 PM

Thanks for the input Ken

#5 -jcompton-

-jcompton-

Posted 14 July 2002 - 09:28 AM

Tashia does affect the worldmap, perhaps that's partially the issue.

#6 kozand

kozand
  • 156 posts

Posted 15 July 2002 - 12:11 AM

This post is old. I clear its contents.

#7 Sorschana

Sorschana

Lil' Miss Mercy

• 12 posts

Posted 15 July 2002 - 04:37 PM

Hi guys -

I too am curious about the general order of installing things. Is there a way to handle Tashia's installation (and that of other major mods) in a graceful way, to prevent conflict?

Far better to stomp out incompatibilities in advance. Thanks guys!

- S
Older than dirt, but then so is this engine.

#8 kozand

kozand
  • 156 posts

Posted 16 July 2002 - 04:29 AM

Unfortunately Sorschana, there is no graceful way to overcome this. Once I tried to install only Tashia on top of TDD 1.0.3 ToB. Tough luck, no results.

[I edit this post by removing speculations and leaving only facts.]

#9 Arian

Arian

One of Tashia's personal pets

• Modder
  • 96 posts

Posted 18 July 2002 - 01:59 PM

Tashia does nothing to the worldmap. As for song list -- it does same thing as Kelsey. JC, did you get Kelsey to work with TDD?

"The very identity of every reasoning being is defined by the language, the communication between that being and others around it." -- Drizzt Do'Urden (R.A. Salvatore, "Exile")

#10 -jcompton-

-jcompton-

Posted 18 July 2002 - 04:49 PM

Really? I thought you added new area(s) for your abduction plot.

We've expended zero effort modifying Kelsey to work with TDD-TOB.

- It was never a design priority to work with TDD in the first place.

- Kelsey worked fine with TDD-SOA out of the box.

- There's a FORTY MEGABYTE CHANGE happening to TDD in the form of that 1.0.3/TOB patch.

In my book that all adds up to "it's neither our fault nor our responsibility."

#11 Arian

Arian

One of Tashia's personal pets

• Modder
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 July 2002 - 12:37 PM

Hehe I see.

"The very identity of every reasoning being is defined by the language, the communication between that being and others around it." -- Drizzt Do'Urden (R.A. Salvatore, "Exile")