• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:16 AM

These may be repeats/repostings.

I was browsing a thread over at the WoTC forums when I ran across these two images that would fit perfectly as area artwork for Infinity Engine games.

DL_BMGeneric 1_cis.jpg is an outdoors area with a bit of a fey atmosphere to it.
whirlpool-dark.jpg is a water setting with a giant whirlpool, wrecked ship and giant fish skeleton.

These were posted by Tintagel, though from the way he posted it seems he/she was not the original artist.

My apologies for forcing a view of the images, I only intended to attach the image as a downloadable file.

Attached Images

• DL_BMGeneric1_cis.jpg
  • whirlpool_dark.jpg

Edited by Caedwyr, 01 June 2008 - 11:17 AM.

"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil." - Ferret

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#2 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:23 PM

It's really nice. I like the first one.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#3 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 05:29 PM

both are very pretty.

#4 jcompton

jcompton
  • Modder
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 06:24 PM

these two images that would fit perfectly as area artwork for Infinity Engine games.

As is, no, because the camera perspective isn't nearly right--they appear to be on much too steep of an angle, particularly the second map. The sprites would look very odd walking across the surface, as though they were either lying flat, or in danger of falling off the face of the earth.

Get the artist to render it at the proper angle, and you might be in some sort of business.

#5 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 06:50 PM

Ah, good point. Still the hard part would be adding all the various IE coding needed to make them actual in-game usable areas.
"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil." - Ferret

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit