If BG3 was made...

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 05:25 PM

Sorry if this post has been posted a few times before but I just wanted to share my ideas :whistling:

Anyways if BG3 were ever made I think it would be cool if you were the "love child" of either of the 4 romances that took place in BG2

I would assume it would take 20 years after Throne of Baal and you start the game most likely at lvl 1...Though unlike BG1 I think this game should go all the way to like lvl 20+ Unless there was an expansion made like the others then maybe drop it down to lvl 10 or so

Also You could pick which romance you would of wanted to happen such as the Aerie romance or even the Viconia one...

However since the romances allowed you could only choose to be Elf, Half Elf , Human and I think halfing? (I cant imagine the pc ever being a halfing lol)

Or it could be a set race between each romance where you just choose your class and or gender...Not sure which method would make more sense...As I dont think you could be a human if you went the Aerie route as shes an elf and if the Baldurs Gate pc was a human that would make you a half elf would it not? Anyways you get the idea!

You most likely would not be able to choose the other races as your starting race...However this could be simplified as having say an Imoen type friend who is your best friend join you right away on your journeys

example would be
Aerie romance - best friend would be a gnome
Jaheria romance - best friend could be a half-orc
Anomen romance - best friend could be dwarf
Viconia - best friend could be an elf (Since you cant be an elf and romance Viconia in bg2 legit wise)

Also the pc could once again could choose to either be a female or a male...Unless they choose the Viconia path as I believe they dont have a daughter before she dies right?

Also if you went the Aerie path your best friend would be female...the Jaheria path Male (half orc female best friend...no thanks!) Anomen path would be male (female dwarfs ewww!) And Viconia path female...

Each setting would be a different game up to a starting point I would say most likely till lvl 5, 6 or 7 then all 4 would diverge onto the main quest whatever that would be...

You could also romance your best friend if you were the opposite of their gender along im sure with a few other random npcs about.

Hopefully the settings would be new and exciting maybe starting in Waterdeep or on a vacation to Kara-Tur maybe even Thay...Or perhaps your father and or mother sent you to spy on Zhentil keep ...Who knows the settings could be endless

Anyways thanks for the long read
Praise or flame on and tell me what you think you would want BG3 to be about if you think my idea is silly!

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#2 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:02 PM

No BG3. Let the honored champion rest in peace.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#3 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

Loses her superpowers when exposed to chicken fat.

• 657 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:18 PM

From what I heard, a BG3 *is* in the works again, and it's a prequel.

However if it were up to me, it would take place after ToB And have several different storylines letting you play as different characters that were NPC's in previous games. There would be plenty of new characters and new areas, and a campaign of epic-level proportions. You know, sorta like ToB only not so disappointing. NO RAILROADED PLOTS, THANK YOU. COMPLETE FREEDOM. OH YEAH.
Err...Are paladins even allowed to say 'ass'?
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!
(Proud Member of the We Hate Elminster Club)

The Maesters of Yevon: Putting the Spira back into 'conspiracy'.

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.

#4 Scipio

Scipio

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

• 1790 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:52 PM

With joinable NPCs in the game, BG2 one generation later could be IWD.

The next generation doesn't always live up to the character and achievements of its parents. Just ask Margaret Thatcher and George Bush snr. Then again, some do better; ask Julio Inglesias.

I wouldn't want BG3. With middle-aged or dead Minsc, Imoen, et al, it would be too poignantly sad. I wouldn't want to send their kids off on deadly quests.

It would be so much nicer if we had BG2-style new games instead of NWN and whatever horrors are likely still to come.

Edited by Scipio, 03 June 2008 - 11:53 PM.

I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.
See, it helps not to believe all the stuff that philosophers spout.

#5 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:30 AM

No, not BG3. But more good games with the same engine and isometric 2D, based on D&D? Bring it on.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#6 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:39 AM

I'm with Choo Choo and Tempest on this.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos
Living on Wings of Dreams

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#7 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:56 AM

Isn't this what we have TC's for, anyway? :P

#8 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:29 AM

I think it's been mentioned before, but I think having <CHARNAME> as a god for a BGIII would be great. It would be epic level, and you'd have like mad good abilities and spells and crap. It would take place on the planes, and the aim would be basically to hollow a place out for yourself amongst the Gods. Perhaps the main villian could be Cyric, since he expressed some worry that you were going to usurp his position as big-daddy-ebil.

Anyway, you'd have to assassinate the odd other demi-god or Gods to gain their portfolios. There could be a lot of scope, and no railroad plots, because this is were you could decide whether you were to be a good god, by forging alliances with Lathander, Tyr, ect. or an evil God, by deciding to kill Velsharoon and Bane and crap for their powers.

The fun part would be that you'd also have to increase your support in the realms by going down to organise your church systems and choose your highest ranking priests and things like that. All the cleric characters of BG, and possibly others, could make a cameo here. The appearance of you churches and your home plane would alter depending on the choices you make about what kind of God you could be. Another fun part; as a God, you could take a human or animal form of your choice whenever you wanted to walk amongst the people of the realms, and choose anywhere in the realms you wanted to do it. You could do this to subtly spread your doctrine, insidiously impregnate mortal women with your tiefling offspring, a la Bhaal, spread rumours and spy on people, and recruit new followers. Hey, you could even go back to visit your old love interests, right?

As for new companions, they'd be weird sort-of-plainsy creatures, and ridiculously powerful. Then again, the battles would be just as hard. Romance? Well, the Faerunian God's are always romancing each other anyway, so there's no reason <CHARNAME> shouldn't be able to. A male PC could get Loviatar, Sune and Chauntea or something, and a female PC gets Lathander, Deneir and Bane.

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

My adoptables > Your adoptables.

#9 Nuuskamuikkunen

Nuuskamuikkunen
  • 207 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:15 AM

No BG3. Let the honored champion rest in peace.

+1

#10 princesspurpleblob

princesspurpleblob

Princess

• 329 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:08 AM

I heard BG3 is back on work by someone who works at Obsidian as a prequel... but I'm not going to keep my hope high. It's either going to be disappointing or not released at all.

#11 Nuuskamuikkunen

Nuuskamuikkunen
  • 207 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:20 AM

Yup...especially if they use 4th edition rules. If they do, I won't even so much as look at the system requirements :P

#12 Sir_Carnifex

Sir_Carnifex

Scourge of Kobolds

• 290 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:54 AM

If they make BG3, I wouldn't want to see any more than a loose association with the events in BG1/2, otherwise the game would be too restricted. What I'd want would be a blend of the BG1 freedom to explore with the BG2 NPC interaction. Take the best of both worlds.

I wouldn't want any 3D, either.
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

#13 Thomas Brown

Thomas Brown
  • Validating
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:23 AM

I think, there should be an alternative story, As some people want the story to continue some do not. Personally i liked the Bhaal story and Icewind's story never got me going.. So i would like to see the game built with two different lines to go down. It keeps both sides happy ^-^

#14 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:03 PM

Hishi: You know, that's a pretty awesome idea. Gah, I wish I stopped getting ideas for TC's - this is, what, the fifth?!

#15 Lythari

Lythari

Fabricati diem, Pvnk

• 366 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:05 PM

I think that Baldur's Gate is fully completed with first part, SoA and ToB and doesn't need any prequels or sequels, which are usually too forced. Bhaalspawn's adventures are over and they should be left in the peace they deserved. Some associations to BG, of course, as a little tidbit, but the whole game shouldn't be based on it.
Instead of constant continuing old idea they should rather make a completely fresh game with new plot, villains and joinable NPC's, but setted in the same realm and based on the same engine, you know: 2D graphic etc. I agree with Sir_Carnifex that it would be great if it contained either ability of free exploration of whole map as BG 1 and romances and NPC's interactions as BG 2.
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)

My deviantArt account / my dragon lair

#16 princesspurpleblob

princesspurpleblob

Princess

• 329 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:25 PM

I agree with you Lythari

#17 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:13 PM

Heh no love for the "love child" scenario eh?

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#18 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:18 PM

As much as the idea of the 'love child' scenario appeals to me, I guess my main worry is that it might alienate people. Everyone's going to have their own idea of how Charname carved out the rest of his/her life, and once your bring in Charname's child, that freedom is taken away. Also, a plot with Charname's child always seems to involve Charname either dead or as a mentor.

Basically, I'd love the 'love child' scenario if Charname's part in the story fit in with my idea of how Charname ended up. :) But not only would that likely lead others to be annoyed since the scenario would be different from their own imaginings, I have different ideas of Charname's fate depending on which character I've dreamt up, which just complicates things immensely...

Through lightning, travel shadow,
Through hell and all above,
Surviving sword and arrow,
Bound stronger by the love

And in the end a witness,
To where the death has lain,
Silent through the sorrow,
Where innocents lie slain

#19 Scipio

Scipio

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

• 1790 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:37 AM

I believe many of us, myself included, are stuck in a BG/BG2 groove for several main reasons:

** We loved BG and became emotionally attached to some characters, to some extent, and emotionally as well as intellectually involved in the game.. We wanted a grand sequel.

** BG2 brought so many characters to so much more life, and included so many new elements such as romances, mighty weapons, a colossal range of spells, new classes, races and kits, that it seemed to be THE complete game. It was. Nobody has done any better game yet, IMNSHSO*.

** BG and BG2 have been constantly reborn with the fantastic mods available to us. It's like finding undiscovered chapters for LoTR or Harry Potter.

But just as there can never be a satisfying sequel to LoTR, and just as the Harry Potter series can never be resumed because we know what happens to those characters 20 years in the future, so there can never be a satisfactory sequel to BG2. I don't want any of the BG2 characters to be resurrected and I don't want to go adventuring with their kids.

When I win a few million dollars I'm going to set up a fund for the SHS modders to build a completely new game using the BG2 engine and rules. That is what we want. A game like BG2, not like NWN, and certainly not like the quick-fix rubbish that seems to be in the pipeline from commercial studios pandering to the gamebox community.

How long did it take a large, full-time team to produce BG2? A couple of years? I suppose that means even a collaborative effort by all of our modders could never do anything comparable in a realistic timeframe. What a huge pity!

I am dreaming of the day when one of our regulars posts a new topic, "HEY!!! I've just bought this RPG and it's as good as BG!" Ah, well. Until that happens, let me re-enjoy BG and BG2 with different mods, but let the heroes rest in peace however we've taken them to ToB.

* IMNSHSO ? in my not-so-humble Scipioesque opinion
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.
See, it helps not to believe all the stuff that philosophers spout.

#20 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

Loses her superpowers when exposed to chicken fat.

• 657 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:48 PM

You know, instead of a BG3, I'd like to see BGI and BGII remade with stunning 3-D graphics. And more character interaction added in. Especially in BGI.
Err...Are paladins even allowed to say 'ass'?
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!
(Proud Member of the We Hate Elminster Club)

The Maesters of Yevon: Putting the Spira back into 'conspiracy'.

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.