• Please log in to reply
651 replies to this topic

#41 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:38 AM

Erm...
He looks a bit too old now, the shading seems to be a bit heavy. And the forehead's a bit too large/hairline too high. Think a mix would be best, a sleder face with the pale tone of the first version.

Oh, I just noticed, your elves have their ears a bit low, the top part where the ear connects to the head should be at the level the ear tips are right now.

But, err, m8, don't worry about this whining of mine too much, it's just minor details that you should feel free to take artistic lbierties with; carry on, we want to see more! ^^

#42 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:43 AM

Erm...
He looks a bit too old now, the shading seems to be a bit heavy. And the forehead's a bit too large/hairline too high. Think a mix would be best, a sleder face with the pale tone of the first version.

Oh, I just noticed, your elves have their ears a bit low, the top part where the ear connects to the head should be at the level the ear tips are right now.

But, err, m8, don't worry about this whining of mine too much, it's just minor details that you should feel free to take artistic lbierties with; carry on, we want to see more! ^^

I agree to all of your points, I made the image in a haste at lunchtime and as you have noticed it turned out twisted as I can see myself now. Keep up the comments and criticism due to it serves me well. :cheers:
"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#43 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:50 AM

the shading seems to be a bit heavy. And the forehead's a bit too large/hairline too high. Think a mix would be best, a sleder face with the pale tone of the first version.

Hey Legion you're reading my mind again!!! You're an Illithid in disguise!! Confess!! ;-)

@ Flysoup: which font are you using for your comic? It doens't look like Comic Sans to me

oO My DA Gallery Oo
oO My Artcorner on SHS Oo
oO "Ask the Betrayer" parody comic Oo
oO My other parody comics on SHS Oo

Oh, and Epantiras, you're simply Epantirastic.

(and no, I'M not egocentric!)

I Hate Elminster! (proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#44 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:05 AM

the shading seems to be a bit heavy. And the forehead's a bit too large/hairline too high. Think a mix would be best, a sleder face with the pale tone of the first version.

Hey Legion you're reading my mind again!!! You're an Illithid in disguise!! Confess!! ;-)

@ Flysoup: which font are you using for your comic? It doens't look like Comic Sans to me

I am using a font named crimefighter downloaded from http://www.blambot.com/ if I remember correctly.

And about Xan you both are right but sadly as I mentioned I have lost the original sized, earlier verision so I guess I must redraw that panel. Anyway that is a later issue since I want to get into the crafting of next page.
"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#45 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:31 PM

Deleted this comic page. For the new comic visit: http://bhaalspawn.com/

I chose to do this so that there wont be any confusing between the old and newly crafted/edited comic pages.
Other than that thanks you all for the constructive criticism and the inspiring words. Hope to meet you all at the
new Bhaalspawn site. The comic wouldn't have developed to what it has if it wasn't from the aid of you all.

All the best and many thanks/
Michael H Bhaalspawn ;)

Edited by flysoup, 25 March 2010 - 01:56 PM.

"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#46 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

• 2925 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:55 AM

Nice, think you nailed the looks of those two not so-goody-two-shoes quite right. ^^

#47 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:23 AM

As I commented on your submission on DA, I like the way you're introducing characters to the comic! Everyone starts from their hometown, their story seems unrelated to the Bhaalspawn but then all the stories will become the big epic story of Abdel

Edited by Epantiras, 11 July 2008 - 11:23 AM.

oO My DA Gallery Oo

#48 Crazee

Crazee
  • Modder
  • 533 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:27 PM

You draw Montaron and Xzar wonderfully well. The second panel is just brilliant. I'm looking forward to your next page, flysoup.

#49 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 04:56 PM

Thanks for the comments friends, don't forget to see the youtube sample of the BG Comic. Latest update page 12-13.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bgcomic
"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#50 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:47 AM

I do like the backstory you're developing. Hopefully you can tie it all together :).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#51 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:36 PM

I like your Minsc in the end of your BG Comic! Cool music, also!

#52 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 02:58 PM

I chose to do this so that there wont be any confusing between the old and newly crafted/edited comic pages.
Other than that thanks you all for the constructive criticism and the inspiring words. Hope to meet you all at the
new Bhaalspawn site. The comic wouldn't have developed to what it has if it wasn't from the aid of you all.

Michael H Bhaalspawn ;)

Edited by flysoup, 25 March 2010 - 01:57 PM.

"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#53 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 06:43 PM

Priceless :).

In the second frame, it looks like Tazok's helm should be a bit higher up. You'd blot out the hobgoblin (or whatever it is) behind him maybe, but given where his neck is in the next frame, it'd be more consistent. Lowering his shoulder might have the same effect.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#54 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 02:22 AM

Priceless :).

In the second frame, it looks like Tazok's helm should be a bit higher up. You'd blot out the hobgoblin (or whatever it is) behind him maybe, but given where his neck is in the next frame, it'd be more consistent. Lowering his shoulder might have the same effect.

I guess you are right about those details, that is my problem as mentioned earlier. I tend to work to fast to be able to notice such details. When I spot them I am always done with the drawing. Keep up the constructive critique though since I learn alot from it :cheers:
"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#55 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

• 2925 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 02:52 AM

Aside what's mentioned, real good! (Well, ok, so that was mentioned too... dammit. xP)

:Bow: also for keeping a steady pace! :D

Edited by WeeRLegion, 14 July 2008 - 02:52 AM.

#56 Amaurea

Amaurea

Thread Killer Extraordinaire

• 409 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 04:53 AM

Wow. My poor Kivan! Keep em' coming!!!

#57 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:19 AM

Woo-hoo! Keep'em coming, you're very good.

#58 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:29 AM

*sniff* Poor Kivan. You don't have to explain me, that "CHOP" sound, now... :( More, please! :lol:

#59 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:05 AM

Michael H Bhaalspawn ;)

Edited by flysoup, 25 March 2010 - 02:00 PM.

"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#60 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:58 AM

Tiax!!

oO My DA Gallery Oo