Rumor: BioWare working on KotOR 3

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 01:49 AM

I found this very interesting, although I'm not a fan of MMORPG.

An ex-employee of LucasArts has leaked details regarding a number of titles in development, including a BioWare-developed Knights of the Old Republic MMO.
The source has told Kotaku that he is one of 75-100 employees laid off in a massive shake-up yesterday, including the producer of the Lego Star Wars and Indy titles.

As well as KotOR 3, the ex-staffer spilled the beans on production going ahead with Battlefront 3 (which we exclusively revealed is being developed by Free Radical), a new (non-Lego) Indy game and a Wii lightsaber game.

Considering the leak comes from an ex-LucasArts employee, we're not expecting a confirmation of these titles any time soon. Still, we know that LucasArts and Bioware are working on *something* together. We'll have to see.

Source: http://computerandvideogames.com
After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#2 Anonymous2

Anonymous2
  • 460 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:31 AM

I guess I'll be the first to reply...

Anything at this point with KotOR is promising...no activity for nearly four years <_< Not a good way to keep your fanbase...

But if Lucas really don't want to do another or just plain don't wish to jump back into so daunting of a task (which I think is the case) they should settle all this now and stop standing there with their thumbs up their ass sending out optimistic rumors and cryptic messages like 'we won't leave it behind'...but if they do eventually decide to go ahead and do it they need to restructure the way they do things and stop putting so much pressure on the developer like they did with Obsidian. I'm not saying KotOR II wasn't a good game but it could've been so much better if they'd of just given them 6 more months or so to finish it off instead of trying to capitalize on Christmas sales <_<

In my opinion I don't believe Bioware will be doing it, their swaped with projects right now and I'm sure making another KotOR game is the last thing they need...and I think that rumor is moreso about the online game that's been talked about between the two. But you could be right I guess, they could just be keeping it under wraps...but I sincerely doubt it. The rumor just doesn't make sense between the two. If a third game is made Obsidian will likely get the project to finish what they started with the second...or possibly another developer but not Bioware, its just not in their cards.

Last thing I'll say is if KotOR III is eventually made its my hope that they take their time and get the story right first before they jump into everything else...don't half-ass it and try to put out another rushed KotOR II (even if it had a decent script and story). What makes KotOR so special and such a great franchise is the story aspect...get the story and characters first then move on with everything else...it's really the backbone of the franchise. They took their time with The Force Unleashed and put lots of money behind it, there's no excuse why they can't with KotOR III.

Here's to KotOR III being on the horizon in 08/09 :cheers:

sorry for the rant...

Edited by Anonymous2, 11 June 2008 - 01:35 AM.

Disappointed in LucasArts and Bioware.

#3 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:01 AM

Let's just hope they won't overdo the re-complexity of the combat system.

sorry for the rant...

It's just an opinion, it's just an opinion, it's just an o... :) No need to be sorry.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#4 -zaalbar is awesome!!!-

-zaalbar is awesome!!!-

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:43 AM

this would be great! as a mmrpg, you probably can have zaalbar come with you, but id love to see him in a cameo.

zaalbar is awesome!!!

#5 Anonymous2

Anonymous2
  • 460 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:34 PM

Well it appears from recent events this rumor is about the MMO...its not KotOR III but that online game that's been mentioned. We'll see what develops, its due out next year.

http://www.massively.com/tag/KOTOR/
Disappointed in LucasArts and Bioware.