Known Issues

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 01:25 AM

This lists Known Issues with the Unfinished Business mod that will be fixed in the next version.

1. In the Restored Morte & Ingress's Teeth Banter, if you have it with Annah in your party, at one point you will get the same response listed twice. The first one will take you to Annah's interjection, and the second one will continue as if Annah's not there. (fix complete)

#2 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:01 AM

Found another one:

2. In the Restored Elyce and Company quest, if you were greedy with Elyce (expecting a reward at any point), this sets the quest variable to a state in which Maeth and Tarin have nothing to say to you if you try to talk to them afterwards.

In PS:T, talking to a creature with no valid state (which in the BG games simply results in "X has nothing to say to you") results in some very erratic behavior. Your character enters a state in which he will be "seen" and then "not seen" and then "seen" by other NPC's in rapid-fire fashion. If you achieve this state via Maeth and Tarin in the manner described in the last paragraph, you'll notice that all the nearby harlots will start machine-gunning their floating text calls, NPC's will continually do their "talking" animation, etc. It could also potentially cause bizarre behavior with portals and other triggers.

It's simple enough to fix the erratic behavior if it happens to you - talking to any other creature that -does- have a valid dialogue will fix it. Note that the state will persist otherwise... even travelling between areas and saving/restoring your game won't get rid of it. But just talking to any other NPC should clear it up immediately.

Maeth and Tarin will always have something to say in future versions of UB.

EDIT: Turns out trying to talk to Elyce could cause the state as well, if at any point you basically refused to get involved. This possibility is accounted for, and the quest will achieve a proper resolution (i.e., failure), but it's possible to try to talk to her before it's finished playing out and thus create the situation described above. This will be fixed in UB 2.0 as well.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 21 June 2008 - 03:26 PM.

#3 Himself

Himself

CEO of the ENDLESS WAVES OF BAD DOGGIE

• 230 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:20 AM

Did you fix this in the current downloadable version? (probably not, guessing)

And.. any date for UB 2.0 ? :D

Edited by Himself, 02 July 2008 - 01:18 PM.

...to be isn't important, we're no longer than we're :)

#4 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:32 AM

I'm hoping by this weekend, but there won't be many changes to UB (mainly just the 2 listed above).

The main big thing in 2.0 is going to be multiple language support, spanish definitely, german hopefully, other languages possible but someone'd have to surprise me as I don't know that they're working on it :)

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 02 July 2008 - 04:33 AM.

#5 -Ajit-

-Ajit-

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:03 AM

In the Pendant of Yemeth Quest, your journal does not add any elements of the Quest to either Assigned or Completed (or even to the basic Journal), ie get 5 Cranium Ratails for Rathbone, get Pendant for Fiends, etc. Maybe this could be added.

#6 -Ajit-

-Ajit-

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:06 AM

This lists Known Issues with the Unfinished Business mod that will be fixed in the next version.

1. In the Restored Morte & Ingress's Teeth Banter, if you have it with Annah in your party, at one point you will get the same response listed twice. The first one will take you to Annah's interjection, and the second one will continue as if Annah's not there. (fix complete)

I had Annah in the party when I first equipped Morte with Ingress's Teeth. In fact, I specifically waited to get Annah before equipping the Teeth so that I could see their banter (Morte/Annah). However, I saw no special banter when I first equipped Morte with the teeth between the two of them (though there was the additional banter between the TNO and Morte). I did not, however, wait to GET the the teeth from Canadrian--I had the Teeth in my possession before I had Annah; just didn't equip/use them at all.

#7 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:46 PM

In the Pendant of Yemeth Quest, your journal does not add any elements of the Quest to either Assigned or Completed (or even to the basic Journal), ie get 5 Cranium Ratails for Rathbone, get Pendant for Fiends, etc. Maybe this could be added.

This is because those entries did not exist in the original game files. If I wind up doing an "expanded" version of the quest, sure, I'll add journal entries. Under normal conditions, though, I avoid adding new dialogue entries unless it's absolutely necessary.

I had Annah in the party when I first equipped Morte with Ingress's Teeth. In fact, I specifically waited to get Annah before equipping the Teeth so that I could see their banter (Morte/Annah). However, I saw no special banter when I first equipped Morte with the teeth between the two of them (though there was the additional banter between the TNO and Morte). I did not, however, wait to GET the the teeth from Canadrian--I had the Teeth in my possession before I had Annah; just didn't equip/use them at all.

You should not be able to equip the teeth until you have had the banter. The banter happens when you first -use- the teeth from inventory with Morte nearby. The act of equipping the teeth doesn't cause any banters. It should be okay to -get- the teeth from Candrian and hold onto them, without hitting the "use" button, until you've got Annah.

And it's not an entirely new banter between Annah and Morte when you use the teeth. It's just that, if she is present during the banter between TNO and Morte, she will interject (basically just by laughing).

Qwinn

#8 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 11:03 AM

Bah...

Just discovered why you didn't get Annah's part of the banter. All my fault. Will be fixed in the next version.

Qwinn