134 replies to this topic

#21 minotaur_in_maze

minotaur_in_maze

Modding Prima-Dona

• 906 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:06 PM

I LOVE it.

One question tho:

Once Khalid turned female, was he still able to drive?

MiM
They say the world is going to Hell.

They are wrong.

The world IS Hell! Always has been, always will be; except perhaps for the five percent or so of the population who can afford differently.

And, if one must reside in Hell, it is far better to do it as a minion of the Devil than as a member of the damned.
LOVE SUCKS: It makes fools and slaves of us all.
But being alone and unloved is worse.
- Nancy A. Collins "Thin Walls"

#22 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:33 AM

I decided to change the topic name because I'll submit here all my parody comics instead of using two (or more) separate topics for BG and NWN.

My next one is about the 'romantic options' for female characters in the games by Bioware I've played so far (no Motb and Mass Effect)

BG 1 - Anomen: well, I hated his portrait and his voice, his stats were abysmal, he was half psycho and last but not least I hate paladins

NWN 2 - Casavir: I HATE PALADINS. Plus he was a single minded character, always talking about orcs and the Old Owl Well. BTW hey I'm a tiefling necromancer! Why should he love me?!

KOTOR 1 - Carth: another psycho... always argueing with my character! But at least he had something interesting to say.
Juhani: now that surprised me o_O I'd never thought there could be homosexual relationships in Bioware games (Mass Effect was not even in the making at the time). There are some in the Troika RPGs (Arcanum, Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines, The Temple of Elemental Evil), but never in Bioware. Well, I 'suspected' some Bioware characters *cough*Shar-Teel*cough* but never had actual proofs. BTW Juhani was a psycho too, always talking about her past as a slave... it seems that having personality issues is a prerequisite o_O

Attached Images

• bioware_romance.jpg

oO My DA Gallery Oo
oO My Artcorner on SHS Oo
oO "Ask the Betrayer" parody comic Oo
oO My other parody comics on SHS Oo

Oh, and Epantiras, you're simply Epantirastic.

(and no, I'M not egocentric!)

I Hate Elminster! (proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#23 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:59 AM

Bwahahaha!

Priceless!!! :cheers: More!! :woot:

#24 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 05:49 AM

Ah, Carth, dear Carth. I am still laughing at his insulting back and forth with my protagonist.

Carth: I'm just tired of always being left out of the loop.
Me: You were born out of the loop.
Carth: Cute. If you got any cuter, you'd pass for a Gamorrean's sister.
Me: The things you say! :wub:

Ahem. I will cease fangirlism.

(but he didn't even get a PROPER romance! :( )

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#25 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:51 AM

Me: The things you say!

lol the game is full of dialogue lines like these!! it reminds me the torture sequence, the pc could tell Carth "I did not reply to the torturer because I like seeing you suffer"!! lol it's priceless! I remember some joke about a character being as cheerful as a hariless wookie but I cannot remember who exactly ;-)

oO My DA Gallery Oo

#26 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:13 AM

Me: The things you say!

lol the game is full of dialogue lines like these!! it reminds me the torture sequence, the pc could tell Carth "I did not reply to the torturer because I like seeing you suffer"!! lol it's priceless! I remember some joke about a character being as cheerful as a hariless wookie but I cannot remember who exactly ;-)

Actually, "Hairless Wookie" is one of the insults you can call Carth. It's in the same conversation where you can also call him a "Gamorrean Pig Man" (which is the one upon which he says something like "Oh, ouch. I think you just hurt my man-feelings there.". :lol: ).

I simply love Carth. He's perfect, and fun to boot. ^_^

- :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#27 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:21 AM

Carth is lovely, but no one beats KotOR2's Atton. NO ONE. :wub:

The Exile: Getting empathy from you is like squeezing water out of a stone!
Atton: Oh yeah? Well, how much water you get from a stone depends what planet you're on, sister.

</fangirlism>

Edited by Choo Choo, 19 August 2008 - 07:22 AM.

#28 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:55 AM

:woot: Never was there a truer comic drawn or writtne :Bow:

Bioware specializes in making romances where you have to play a psychiatrist and help the poor people before any kind of relationship can proceed. Obsidian does this as well but Bioware is a veteran at these things.
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#29 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:43 AM

Carth is lovely, but no one beats KotOR2's Atton. NO ONE. :wub:

The Exile: Getting empathy from you is like squeezing water out of a stone!
Atton: Oh yeah? Well, how much water you get from a stone depends what planet you're on, sister.

</fangirlism>

I can't comment on that yet, waiting to play KOTOR II until the Restoration Project is completed. But half-asleep me, while imagining to cuddle up to a cute hunk when falling asleep at night, always comes up with "Carth", even if I try to think of another character. And Half-asleep me is always right in those matters, because Half-Asleep me overrides the use of my brain. ^_^

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!

#30 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:51 AM

Oooh, you're in for a treat, then. Atton is perfect! (now if only they had given him a proper romance. Waaah.)

#31 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:46 AM

Bioware specializes in making romances where you have to play a psychiatrist and help the poor people before any kind of relationship can proceed. Obsidian does this as well but Bioware is a veteran at these things.

that's 100% true!!!

I can't comment on that yet, waiting to play KOTOR II until the Restoration Project is completed

what's this 'restoration project'? is it a sort of 'unfinished business' mod? I havne't played Kotor 2 yet as its price is still a bit too high for me but it's on my list of games I want to purchase ^_^

oO My DA Gallery Oo

#32 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:12 AM

I can't comment on that yet, waiting to play KOTOR II until the Restoration Project is completed

what's this 'restoration project'? is it a sort of 'unfinished business' mod? I havne't played Kotor 2 yet as its price is still a bit too high for me but it's on my list of games I want to purchase ^_^

You could call it that. Though it would likely be the "Unfinished Business" mod to end all UB mods, the mother of all restored content mods. Because basically it's restoring a large part of all the things that were cut from the original game. That's not just simple quests, but whole elements of the story and the like. You can look here for what was cut (not just the first post), and here for what exactly is being restored (look through the thread, it's not just the first post).

Here is the main page of Team Gizka's resoration project.

Oh, and before you ask for the release date, I can tell you that: "When it's done". After all, it would be ironic if this restoration project would release this prematurely, when the hurried release of KOTOR 2 was the thing that made the restoration project necessary in the first place. :P

Though it does seem it's slowly getting there, with a closed beta already in existence.

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!

#33 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 02:31 AM

thanks for the link ^_^
uhm maybe I could play the game as it was released by Bioware, then try the mod. This will make me appreciate the mod even more

oO My DA Gallery Oo

#34 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:37 AM

A new comic is ready!! But since it contains SPOILERS about ToB ending, I'm showing here only a preview. The full comic can be read here http://epantiras.dev...odhood-96113450

I WARNED YOU, DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT SPOILERS!

tob_goodhood_prev.jpg

oO My DA Gallery Oo

#35 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:54 AM

:woot: So Awesome :woot:

Other then that I'm pretty much speechless.
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#36 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 12:27 PM

A new comic is ready!!

OMG WTF SPOILERS?! :angry:

Spoiler

Oh, and also, lol. (Even though I haven't actually played that game.) Post more. :P

#37 princesspurpleblob

princesspurpleblob

Princess

• 329 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:17 PM

LOL I love the romance comic :lol: Please keep them coming! :Bow:

#38 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:35 PM

Oooh, looks like I missed the romance comic (which was totally priceless by the way!!! :D )!
And the new one's out too, hooray!!!!!!
(I didn't play Black & White, but I *did* play Dungeon Keeper, and that's the first thing that came to mind with the giant hand floating above the tiny mortals.)
Anyhoo, awesome stuff, Epantiras, keep 'em coming!!!! ^_^

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#39 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 05:46 AM

Nice entry, 'Panti! The last panel, reminds, me Warcraft 3! :)

#40 _Nix_

_Nix_

You lookin' at me?

• 74 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 07:15 AM

Ahahaha, I love your last one (well, I love all of them, but the TOB ending made me really lol).

(Oh, and: Best. Jaheira. EVAR. :D)
Take above post with a glass of water. Do not take more than four doses in 24 hours. Store post in a cool, dry place. Always read the label.

Schrodinger's adorable polka dot bow tie almost makes up for his horrible, horrible time-dependent equation.

Minsc: What? Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it is there.