Do Not Use Explore All Areas Tweak

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 01:15 AM

For the time being, I recommend uninstalling the Explore All Areas Tweak that came with Tweak Pack version 2.00. At it's most basic level, it's a WeiDU issue, one that thebigg has -very- promptly fixed (much gratitudes!) and will be working properly in WeiDU version 208.

If you need detail - WeiDU was stripping out certain trigger parameters when decompiling and recompiling PS:T scripts. These parameters didn't seem to serve much purpose, but apparently they -do- serve to deal with some rather odd bugs, one such detailed here.

Why recommend uninstalling Explore All Areas? Because it goes through and decompiles-recompiles pretty much ALL area scripts, and thus strips that parameter out of pretty much everything. Most of the time that parameter doesn't seem to do much, and I can't verify that anyone who doesn't have at least 10 fighter levels would have any problem at all, but for now I don't think it's worth the risk.

In the meantime, you can use the G3 Tweak version of Explore City if you really need to - it makes it's changes with different syntax that didn't actually recompile the scripts (EXTEND_TOP rather than COPY_EXISTING) so it should work fine.

For those not already aware, due to recent poll results, the next version of Explore All Areas will be toned down to explore only City areas.

As far as I know, only PS:T (and possibly IWD2) used these parameters, so it wouldn't have any effect in any other game.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 23 June 2008 - 01:25 AM.

#2 --Platter--

--Platter--

Posted 27 August 2008 - 03:46 PM

When a trigger Object value has numbers like that it's usually using the format [EA.FACTION.TEAM.GENERAL.RACE.CLASS.SPECIFIC.GENDER.ALIGNMEN]

Not sure if that has anything to do with this, just throwing it out there. Can't tell if you knew it already. :P