Improved Firkraag and Smarter Dragons

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 apelsinlax

apelsinlax
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:47 AM

Hello!

First off, I wanted to say that I just recently discovered what is The Big World Project and that it is almost awesome, Eddie Izzard version. It is great!

I am planning on playing with the following mods at the moment:

BG2 Fixpack
Ascension/Illasera
BGT
BG1 NPC Project
Revised Battles
SCS I
BP
Ascension
Tactics
SCS II
BG2 Tweaks

----------------
I also would like to add one last mod/component. Either the improved Firkraag from REvised Battles or the Super Firkraag mod. I know I will have to pick one of them so here I could use some advice on what are good/bad sides with either one and what you would suggest. I also want to play with the two components from SCS II, "Increased Staying Power for Dragons" and "Smarter Dragons".

What I would like to know has to do with some conflicts I predict, some you predict etc, I'll summarize my questions below:

* In BWP it says to install Super Firkraag Mod before SCS II. It does not mention any conflicts between SCSII. The readme of Super Firkraag says it should be installed last though, but it is referring to the Smarter Dragons from Tacticts when adressing a conflict. I figured this conflict might arise with SCSII also.

* If I install Firkraag from Battles instead, might there be a confict with SCSII?

* BONUS question :), Why does BWP says not to install "Increased Staying Power for Fiends". Is it just a matter of taste or a conflict?

Thanks for any answers and advice and thanks for an awesome project!

#2 DeusEx

DeusEx

Disappearing Member

• 757 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:09 AM

In BWP it says to install Super Firkraag Mod before SCS II - this has been tested I believe so you can safely do it, no conflicts

If I install Firkraag from Battles instead, might there be a confict with SCSII - nope, I install this instead of Super Firkraag

Why does BWP says not to install "Increased Staying Power for Fiends" - I don't know, a matter of taste I guess, shouldn't be any conflicts, this just adds more hitpoints so with other improved stuff it would be to much

Hope this helps

#3 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:13 PM

Why does BWP says not to install "Increased Staying Power for Fiends". Is it just a matter of taste or a conflict?

It is not a conflict. Each conflict we mentioned in the guide and we try to find a solution to solve it. In our last guide we try to find a way to get the megamod better balanced and thought this component could be to hard for some players. But we have seen, the main problem are all the tactical mods we have used in this megamod and therefore we plan to find a better solution with it, to get BG balanced in a fair way. Our opinion is, SCSI and SCSII are fair play mods. So you can install this component, too.

Your question of installation order of the other mods has answered DeusEx. We have tested it in this order like we desribed it in the guide.

Revised Battles:
In our guide we have tested Improved Battles and we must installed it at this place. The new revised version we have not finished testing.

EDIT: DeusEx has give us the information, that you must install Revised Battles after BP.

Ascension:
This mod is recommend to install before BG2 Fixpack at the moment, so you should install all components before it.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 24 June 2008 - 11:00 PM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#4 apelsinlax

apelsinlax
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 03:42 AM

Thanks for the help and advice. Gonna try it out.

Regarding Ascension. Should I install all components before Fixpack?

#5 DeusEx

DeusEx

Disappearing Member

• 757 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:08 AM

I think so, I just did (still have to see what happens)

#6 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:12 AM

Why does BWP says not to install "Increased Staying Power for Fiends". Is it just a matter of taste or a conflict?

Revised Battles:
In our guide we have tested Improved Battles and we must installed it at this place. The new revised version we have not finished testing.

EDIT: DeusEx has give us the information, that you must install Revised Battles after BP.

Why? The only install order stipulation for Revised Battles is it should to be installed after FR-RoV, and RE Firkraag component to allow for their compatibility patches to install, and if you have NEJv691 installed it must directly follow BGT or you aren't allowed to install that particular compatibility patch. There is no stipulation to follow BP, and as a matter of fact, I'd reccomend installing it prior to BP in order to benefit from it.

It takes a village...

#7 DeusEx

DeusEx

Disappearing Member

• 757 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:24 AM

Revised Battles:

Why? The only install order stipulation for Revised Battles is it should to be installed after FR-RoV, and RE Firkraag component to allow for their compatibility patches to install, and if you have NEJv691 installed it must directly follow BGT or you aren't allowed to install that particular compatibility patch. There is no stipulation to follow BP, and as a matter of fact, I'd reccomend installing it prior to BP in order to benefit from it.

I tried in various places before BP to no good so now I just install it after BP TOB fix until I get a better solution.

#8 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 02:43 PM

Revised Battles:

I tried in various places before BP to no good so now I just install it after BP TOB fix until I get a better solution.

But what was no good? It installs into my game just fine.

It takes a village...

#9 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:43 PM

At the moment the answer is Yes.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#10 apelsinlax

apelsinlax
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 12:24 PM

Thanks again for the help. Appreciate it!

Gonna test and come back with any interesting results, if I find any.