• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 12:44 PM

In the latest log(20th July 2008), I am quite sure you have forgotten this. ^_^

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#22 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:15 PM

In the latest log(20th July 2008), I am quite sure you have forgotten this. ^_^

Not forgotten. I merely repaired my BGT/base/baf/amnscene.baf prior to installing BGT. Players will still need to install the transition patch if they haven't repaired the source file. The nice thing about the patch is it can be installed as the very last component in your install and still function properly.

It takes a village...

#23 -auspicou-

-auspicou-

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:50 PM

Can I ask why your order is so different to the one on the big world 5.2 guide?
Is yours better? I'm confused now!

Also, do I need to use Big Picture if I'm not using any big mods like Never Ending Journey. Or should I? Is it just an AI/tactics mod, or is it about helping cohesion between the big mods?

Thankyou very a lot.

#24 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 02:22 PM

Can I ask why your order is so different to the one on the big world 5.2 guide?
Is yours better? I'm confused now! My install order is the one I've found to be the most stable and suits my method of installing and playing best for me. I do all of my installs manually and prefer to keep full control of my install, and my patches, rather than have them determined for me. I can't comment on the big world guide install order because I don't use it.

Also, do I need to use Big Picture if I'm not using any big mods like Never Ending Journey. Or should I? Is it just an AI/tactics mod, or is it about helping cohesion between the big mods? BP is both, but it is aged and has it's own issues. all of the big mods except NEJ are pretty cohesive on their own. BP will upgrade the AI but, David Wallace's AI from SCS & SCSII work just as well if not better, and also can be used in conjunction with the BP AI scripting. You'll want to install BP before SCSII however. BP does add several encounters you won't get anywhere else, which is one of the main reasons for installing it at this point.

Thankyou very a lot. You're welcome.

Edited by erebusant, 20 July 2008 - 02:23 PM.

It takes a village...