SoBH Bug Reports

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:00 PM

To let you know:

If one is teleported after SoBH (part 1) back on the mainland in the temple, one becomes - one leaves the temple - from a magician appealed who wants to have the staff of the dragon's cult (which one has found not far from the Beholder) absolutely. He sends then his mercenaries on me, remains self reflected neutrally and tries, to flee and to leave the blood work to his mercenaries. Unfortunately, were fine 2 skull traps, a fireball and a death cloud too much for him, so that also he dies.

Later in Baldurs Gate (part of town A) I was demanded once more by him (he lives again) and again he send his mercenaries on me. This time he fled - once more neutrally minded - successfully.

I've heard this magician shows up three times. For this it sound like, the magician needs unkillable until his third real fight?

Greetings Leomar

Edited by erebusant, 22 February 2009 - 08:03 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#2 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 08:01 PM

He leaves during the first two fights and then the third time is

BIGASS spoiler!!!!!

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Spoiler

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#3 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 08:48 PM

To let you know:

If one is teleported after SoBH (part 1) back on the mainland in the temple, one becomes - one leaves the temple - from a magician appealed who wants to have the staff of the dragon's cult (which one has found not far from the Beholder) absolutely. He sends then his mercenaries on me, remains self reflected neutrally and tries, to flee and to leave the blood work to his mercenaries. Unfortunately, were fine 2 skull traps, a fireball and a death cloud too much for him, so that also he dies.

Later in Baldurs Gate (part of town A) I was demanded once more by him (he lives again) and again he send his mercenaries on me. This time he fled - once more neutrally minded - successfully.

I've heard this magician shows up three times. For this it sound like, the magician needs unkillable until his third real fight?

Greetings Leomar

Sounds like the gamer has some really high powered weaponry on hand for that 1st encounter that a level 5-6 party might normally not have at this point in the game. Sounds like a fairly rare occurence that you can even kill Shargrailar the 1st meeting. I'll look at perhaps having a minhp item installed on him if it occurs regularly. I'm usually lucky to get an arrow off at him when I meet him before he is gone.

It takes a village...

#4 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:14 PM

Sounds like the gamer has some really high powered weaponry on hand for that 1st encounter that a level 5-6 party might normally not have at this point in the game. Sounds like a fairly rare occurence that you can even kill Shargrailar the 1st meeting. I'll look at perhaps having a minhp item installed on him if it occurs regularly. I'm usually lucky to get an arrow off at him when I meet him before he is gone.

In a megamod you don't know really when the gamer get to the confrontation and what powers he have at this time (or it is only luck ;) ). So it looks like it is a good idea you mentioned for such encounters.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
- Chevalier

#5 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:23 PM

Anyway ... SoBH it's done for 3 Lev party members :-)))

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#6 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 07:33 PM

A gamer reports:

In SoBH v231FullWM7/235 is the same error again, that Sirius (the thief in the lighthouse) has a wrong named override script. This causes in BG2, that Gaal is immediately hostile and one can't play the beholderquest regulary.

In file BHSIRIUS.CRE must be entered the BHSHOUT2.BCS for the override script. The script BHSHOUT.BCS is a script for BG2. I've played often the game with these changes and have no problems with that anymore.

Gruß Leomar
- Chevalier

#7 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:36 PM

A gamer reports:

In SoBH v231FullWM7/235 is the same error again, that Sirius (the thief in the lighthouse) has a wrong named override script. This causes in BG2, that Gaal is immediately hostile and one can't play the beholderquest regulary.

In file BHSIRIUS.CRE must be entered the BHSHOUT2.BCS for the override script. The script BHSHOUT.BCS is a script for BG2. I've played often the game with these changes and have no problems with that anymore.

Gruß Leomar

Repaired locally. Thanks.

It takes a village...

#8 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:42 PM

A gamer reports:

The west exit from ?waste-wood? to the bonehill moved to the south. However, in the map view still the old exit is indicated in the west.

Another gamer reports:

If I go to the ranger in the ?waste wood?, comes as soon as I to him has said "why I am there" as an answer possibility only
"No Valid Replies or Links"

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#9 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:44 AM

A gamer reports:

The west exit from ?waste-wood? to the bonehill moved to the south. However, in the map view still the old exit is indicated in the west.

Another gamer reports:

If I go to the ranger in the ?waste wood?, comes as soon as I to him has said "why I am there" as an answer possibility only

Greetings Leomar

Is this Reddy Forest? Also, Is this talking to Martin prior to being given the quest to find him by Almax?

It takes a village...

#10 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:22 PM

A gamer reports:

Another gamer reports:

Greetings Leomar

Is this Reddy Forest? Also, Is this talking to Martin prior to being given the quest to find him by Almax?

I hope this additional information from a gamer helps:

With me the answer possibility "No valid replies or links!" also came with Martin, the ranger in the ?waste wood? (in German Ödenwald) and with Almax, the druid to Restenfurt.
I have looked the dialogue possibilities with Martin by IE. The player ordinarily had to go, if he has already made this, can say that he has defeated the ogre's magician. On it news with which Martin sends the group to Almax will create.
The answer possibility concerning the dead ogre's magician never appeared with me, nevertheless, but only above.

Additional informations: The gamers played SoBH v231FullWM7/235 in German. Could be an error of the German translation?

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 25 August 2008 - 08:24 PM.

- Chevalier

#11 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:24 AM

I've neved had issues with Martin or others in the english version, but i've no tested the new release by erebusant yet,

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 26 August 2008 - 04:24 AM.

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#12 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 07:29 PM

A gamer reports:

Another gamer reports:

Greetings Leomar

I hope this additional information from a gamer helps:

With me the answer possibility "No valid replies or links!" also came with Martin, the ranger in the ?waste wood? (in German Ödenwald) and with Almax, the druid to Restenfurt.
I have looked the dialogue possibilities with Martin by IE. The player ordinarily had to go, if he has already made this, can say that he has defeated the ogre's magician. On it news with which Martin sends the group to Almax will create.
The answer possibility concerning the dead ogre's magician never appeared with me, nevertheless, but only above.

Additional informations: The gamers played SoBH v231FullWM7/235 in German. Could be an error of the German translation?

Greetings Leomar

I'll take a closer look at this when I get to that point in the game I'm just beginning. In the meantime, here is how the dialog begins in the English version:
BEGIN ~BHMARTIN~

IF ~NumberOfTimesTalkedTo(0)~ THEN BEGIN 0 // from:
  SAY @1 /* ~I trust you have a good reason to be here!~ #155936 */ 
  IF ~GlobalGT("BHDruidQuest","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN REPLY @2 /* ~Yes, Almax sent us.~ #155937 */ GOTO 1
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY @3 /* ~Not really, are you playing with rocks?~ #155938 */ GOTO 2
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY @4 /* ~Sigh. Another idiot that wants to die. So be it. Draw steel, fool!~ #155939 */ GOTO 3
END
1. Martin initiates dialog with SAY @1.
2. If you got the quest to search for Martin from Almax, you should have the option given by the 1st IF statement, as well as the 2nd and 3rd.
3. If you haven't spoken to Almax about Martin yet, you should still get the options to reply with the 2nd and 3rd IF statements.

Can you check your dialog and see if the options are there?

Edited by erebusant, 26 August 2008 - 07:45 PM.

It takes a village...

#13 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:45 PM

The part of original post referring to DSotSC v205 has been moved to that forum.

BEGIN ~BHMARTIN~

I'll look into it and ask the gamer, too.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by erebusant, 29 August 2008 - 10:20 PM.

- Chevalier

#14 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 04:19 AM

The part of original post referring to DSotSC v205 has been moved to that forum.

UUps. Sorry for the wrong posting.

BEGIN ~BHMARTIN~

Here the additional report of the gamer:

The conversation entrance properly functioned, because I had already spoken with Almax, all three conversation options came.

I: "Yes, Almax sent us!" (response 0)
Martin: "Almax, well then you have come from Restenfurth.... (phrase 1)
I: "Almax mentioned that he the connection with You lost... (response 3)
Martin: "Humph, well possibly, we need..." (phrase 5)
And now only: "No valid links or replies!"
There I had already defeated the Gnolls and the ogre's magician, now I would have had to get a conversation option which also says this. (response 15)

I see just, prerau's settlement for responses 15 is "BHGnollQuest""Global",1!

Because I was before my conversation with Martin once again in Restenfurth, I had already reported to my principals (Peltar and Yalta) my victory over the Gnolls and the ogre's magician. Maybe it is thereby changed variable and Martin does not recognise therefore any more that I have already solved the quest?!?

Like it exactly with Almax was I cannot say any more. Though I have just looked the dialogues with Almax, but I cannot construct the exact expiry any more. It was approximate in such a way:
1. Conversation with Almax: Everything normally, Quest to find Martin accepted.
2. Conversation: The conversation option that I have found Martin does not appear, but "no valid links or replies".

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#15 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:39 AM

Hi erebusant,

in our German forum the gamers played all your ressurected mods and wrote overviews and tell about bugs. I think it will be helpfull for all, if I let you know, what the German gamers wrotes, so you can see what they think and which bugs they have found, etc.. I'll start with SoBH today:

I have to announce a small error in SoBH part 2 once more. If one is from Garotten back and announces Pelltar the result, he takes away both documents. Without Qualtons letter one cannot talk with him about that and the Quest firmly hangs.

Moreover, I still have the "Attacks of the Gnolls" and "The theft from the warehouse" Quests in the journal, although are processed and finished.

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#16 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:55 PM

A gamer has reported the followings:

1.)

I can talk with Oscar in the inn, although I had slaughtered him one minute before in front of the inn.

2.)

The area to the south (I believe BH2300) has appeared on my worldmap, but I can't travel to it (it is grey). After I had visited it with the Console, however, it went...

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#17 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:33 PM

A gamer has reported the followings:

1.)

I can talk with Oscar in the inn, although I had slaughtered him one minute before in front of the inn.

2.)

The area to the south (I believe BH2300) has appeared on my worldmap, but I can't travel to it (it is grey). After I had visited it with the Console, however, it went...

Greetings Leomar

I'll check these out when I get there. Thanks.

It takes a village...

#18 DeusEx

DeusEx

Disappearing Member

• 757 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:11 AM

I'm not sure if this was said before but I'll just post it here :).

Part 1

When you talk with Almax over surrounding areas and he has nothing more to say about them but you ask anyway a NVLOR comes up. Also when you find out about the spy (can't remember his name) and then you kill him and want to give his journal to Pelltar the NVLOR comes up. However if you take the journal to Pelltar before you kill him all goes well. Hope this helps in some way. As usual weidu, first post :).

#19 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:18 PM

I'm not sure if this was said before but I'll just post it here :) .

Part 1

When you talk with Almax over surrounding areas and he has nothing more to say about them but you ask anyway a NVLOR comes up. Also when you find out about the spy (can't remember his name) and then you kill him and want to give his journal to Pelltar the NVLOR comes up. However if you take the journal to Pelltar before you kill him all goes well. Hope this helps in some way. As usual weidu, first post :) .

Thanks. I'll double-check both these scenarios as well when I get there.

It takes a village...

#20 Ascalon

Ascalon
  • Validating
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:33 AM

I did everything in the first part of the, well, first part of Bonehill, Gelpas appears, accuses me to have stolen the pearl, I went north, fought the bandits, searched the books for a clue, went into the Sewers, found the stuff, but the Lighthouse didn't open. So I went looking for the Corpse of the Lighthouse Guard, found him, Lighthouse still not open. Went to Pellvar and he just sent me back. I didn't enter the Lighthouse at all but everybody celebrates me as the Hero.