Final call for bugs for BGT-WeiDU v1.05b

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:29 AM

Still a few things needed to check out, fix, and test, but it's almost there. If there is anything that needs looking at, then let me know ASAP for inclusion into v1.06.

Current fix list at the normal place: http://www.shsforums...showtopic=30975.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#2 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:51 AM

Awesome! We can almost taste BGT 106 :Tasty:

In BGT 105a, the Elfsong bartender would have nothing to say and therefore not sell drinks. In 105b, he was restored to sell beverages but then I have a freeze when asking the bartender in Helm and Cloak for drinks. Was one of them not supposed to sell anything and maybe they got mixed up orr was this a bug for in 105b?

Here is the link to my weidu log containing BGT and maybe something else messed with it. Area is AR7216
http://www.shsforums...&...st&p=384644

Edited by Hoppy, 30 June 2008 - 08:59 AM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#3 Taimon

Taimon
  • 387 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:44 AM

The Helm and Cloak bartender crash comes from BG1UB and I think Ascension64 already fixed it locally.

No real bug, but:
I believe the italian prompts.tra is missing at least one error string. (http://www.shsforums...showtopic=33617)

Edited by Taimon, 30 June 2008 - 09:55 AM.

#4 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:36 PM

No real bug, but:
I believe the italian prompts.tra is missing at least one error string. (http://www.shsforums...showtopic=33617)

Yes, got the old reported ones.

I'll check the bartender ones once more, but I'm pretty sure it's not a vanilla BGT problem.

Update: No a vanilla problem. The next version of BG1UB will fix the Helm and Cloak problem.

Edited by Ascension64, 30 June 2008 - 05:49 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#5 Taimon

Taimon
  • 387 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:35 AM

Again, no real BGT bug and probably not so simple to fix: Fenten, the dwarf in Baldur's Gate (in a house north from the Flaming Fist HQ), promises to give the party 250 Gold for every ankheg shell, but he only does this once (and takes all shells).

#6 Soulfire

Soulfire
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:52 AM

I'm not sure if it's a BGT problem - I'll have to check this out further - but I had problems with recruiting Jaheira and Khalid yesterday. Jaheira joined the party fine, Khalid didn't. Something about "mysel" appeared in the dialog window, I'm going to have to look more into this with a fresh install (Certain I patched the mod too, but I can't be sure at the moment).

#7 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • 562 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:55 PM

Not sure if this is a vanilla BGT 1.05b problem either :

On the mini-map of the Thief Maze at the very end of the game, there are two pin points at the both exits but they are both labelled "Firewine".

After I won the final battle, I was stuck once again in the room, I had to console me outside and manually set ENDOFBG1 to 1. I was using SCS-BGT, maybe it is linked to this mod, but I clearly remember that it also happened in the past with older versions of BGT-WeiDU in the vanilla version of this fight.
French translator of: BG2 FixPack, BG2 Tweaks, Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU, BGT-Tweaks and some minor mods.

#8 Taimon

Taimon
  • 387 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:12 AM

And another out-of-the-game thing: Could you prefix your inlined files in the tp2 (like .../inlined-bgt/ or something) so that it definitely does not clash with possible directories/files in the real filesystem?
(If you happen to have a Language folder in the game directory, the BGT installation will get corrupted.)

#9 Psykotik

Psykotik
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:12 AM

Few bugs/weird things:

- Taëmor (the bergost's blacksmith) doesn't buy (or forge) any ankheg skin. I sold one, but afterthat it doesn't propose anymore to craft an ankheg armor. He doesn't even buy it.

- Thalantyr (the high hedge's wizard) doesn't want my mysterious phial which comes from Nashkel. Already reported on pocketplane, but I haven't seen this bug on shs.

- the objects which can be reused many times (as trumpets, ie) can be used only once though. After the first use, they irrevocably disappear.

- when twining a character, he doesn't keep its first class skills. IE, I twined a thief with a warrior, and when I reached the level to get back the thiefs' skills, they are lost. I saw this both with my PC (thief/warrior) and Imoen (thief/wizard). Don't know if it works that (bad) way with all classes.

Additionally, Will O'Hara's flail and armor can't be improved later in the game, even though a proposal is made earlier.

#10 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:57 AM

- Taëmor (the bergost's blacksmith) doesn't buy (or forge) any ankheg skin. I sold one, but afterthat it doesn't propose anymore to craft an ankheg armor. He doesn't even buy it.

This was in the original game too, ea. you should be able to sell the ankheg shells, or make one to an armor, not both every-which-way.

- Thalantyr (the high hedge's wizard) doesn't want my mysterious phial which comes from Nashkel. Already reported on pocketplane, but I haven't seen this bug on shs...
Additionally, Will O'Hara's flail and armor can't be improved later in the game, even though a proposal is made earlier.

These are features of the Unfinished Business 1, or was the Will thing from the Dark Side of the Sword Coast. Thus not BGT-WeiDU things.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 18 July 2008 - 06:00 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#11 Psykotik

Psykotik
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:40 AM

- Taëmor (the bergost's blacksmith) doesn't buy (or forge) any ankheg skin.

This was in the original game too, ea. you should be able to sell the ankheg shells, or make one to an armor, not both every-which-way.

Ok, I didn't know that. IMHO, this behaviour should be changed, since RP speaking the blacksmith should be interested in buying ankheg shells, even if I asked him to make me an armor.

Well, since it was in the orginal game, forget about that.

- Thalantyr (the high hedge's wizard) doesn't want my mysterious phial which comes from Nashkel. Already reported on pocketplane, but I haven't seen this bug on shs...

These are features of the Unfinished Business 1, or was the Will thing from the Dark Side of the Sword Coast. Thus not BGT-WeiDU things.

You're right about Will (DSotSC feature, indeed), but are you about the phial? This latter was in my native langage (french), and most of the DSotSC is not translated. Thus, one may think it is in the orginal game... Not sure, though.

#12 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:59 AM

Well, since it was in the original game, forget about that.

Well, I would also like it to be in the BGT, but... that's for Ascension64 to decide. :P

but are you about the phial?

I am sure about the Mysterious Vial.

#13 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:25 PM

Again, no real BGT bug and probably not so simple to fix: Fenten, the dwarf in Baldur's Gate (in a house north from the Flaming Fist HQ), promises to give the party 250 Gold for every ankheg shell, but he only does this once (and takes all shells).

I'm not sure if you play in the English language, but Fenten pays 250gp for all your ankheg shells, not every ankheg shell.

On the mini-map of the Thief Maze at the very end of the game, there are two pin points at the both exits but they are both labelled "Firewine".

Both should be labelled 'Exit', which seems to be correct after I had a look. Did you continue your saved game from an old install?

After I won the final battle, I was stuck once again in the room, I had to console me outside and manually set ENDOFBG1 to 1. I was using SCS-BGT, maybe it is linked to this mod, but I clearly remember that it also happened in the past with older versions of BGT-WeiDU in the vanilla version of this fight.

I believe this is the SCS problem.

And another out-of-the-game thing: Could you prefix your inlined files in the tp2 (like .../inlined-bgt/ or something) so that it definitely does not clash with possible directories/files in the real filesystem?
(If you happen to have a Language folder in the game directory, the BGT installation will get corrupted.)

Done.

That is intentional.

- Thalantyr (the high hedge's wizard) doesn't want my mysterious phial which comes from Nashkel. Already reported on pocketplane, but I haven't seen this bug on shs.

This is a BG1UB problem that will be fixed in the next version.

- the objects which can be reused many times (as trumpets, ie) can be used only once though. After the first use, they irrevocably disappear.

I'll need some specific ones here. Can you list them? You might be referring to items form a another mod though. BGT-WeiDU doesn't change most of the existing items.

- when twining a character, he doesn't keep its first class skills. IE, I twined a thief with a warrior, and when I reached the level to get back the thiefs' skills, they are lost. I saw this both with my PC (thief/warrior) and Imoen (thief/wizard). Don't know if it works that (bad) way with all classes.

What do you mean by 'twine'? Dual-class or multi-class? I'm not too sure about the rules regarding this, so can someone clarify?

This is one for the DSotSC/NTotSC board, I believe.

--------------
Retired Modder

#14 Taimon

Taimon
  • 387 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:58 PM

I'm not sure if you play in the English language, but Fenten pays 250gp for all your ankheg shells, not every ankheg shell.

Then this is indeed a translation problem in the original game. I play with the german version of the game and he says something like: "Good work. I'll give you 250 gp for every ankheg head you are carrying with you."
There is already a textpatch for the german version, so maybe we can correct it there.

#15 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:54 AM

Ascension64,

From the context, I'd say Psykotik meant to say "Dual" with "Twine" ( :blink: ).

The rule about dual class abilities is that a character should be restored with the first class abilities when his second class is one level higher than the first.

Now I must ask Psykotik, are you perhaps speaking of a character that has the same level in both classes? Because in that case it's just normal that you didn't get your former abilities back: they'd be delayed to next level up.

#16 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 01:07 AM

In the original game, he gave 250 gold from each just like the blacksmith, but if you are going to change this Ascension64, you need to give a certain amount from each or per 2, per 4 or whatever, a set amount, not from all of them, as that could be used to get the same amount money with just inventory management and speaking to the dwarf many times. This problem might be because of coding doesn't take account that the shells are now stackable, as they weren't in the original, thus it's a moding created problem.

#17 Psykotik

Psykotik
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 05:01 AM

I'll need some specific ones here. Can you list them? You might be referring to items form a another mod though. BGT-WeiDU doesn't change most of the existing items.

I noticed this with a lute ("Song of the Nyriad") and a horn ("Battle cry"). Don't know where they come from, it could be related to a particular mod. I'm not yet advanced enough to see if it is a generic issue, related to more objects.

Ascension64,

From the context, I'd say Psykotik meant to say "Dual" with "Twine" ( :blink: ).

The rule about dual class abilities is that a character should be restored with the first class abilities when his second class is one level higher than the first.

Now I must ask Psykotik, are you perhaps speaking of a character that has the same level in both classes? Because in that case it's just normal that you didn't get your former abilities back: they'd be delayed to next level up.

Well, since I never played any RPG in english, how on earth could I know it was dual-class? :)

Both characters I dual-classed where at first thieves (lvl 6 & 7) and then wizard lvl 7 and warrior lvl 8. I get the first class (thief) back when reaching a level more than the first class, but BG(T?) forgot on the way the thieves skills I used to have: move silently, hide in shadows, and so on. Every skill stayed at 0, as if I had never reached the right level.

BTW, looking into my old saves, I can say the thieves skills are erased as soon as one will dual-class; don't know if it's a normal behaviour, but don't know how BG could remember the skills later in the game, when the dual-class will be effective, if the skills are not kept somewhere.

#18 Helborn

Helborn
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 10:12 AM

I believe Dan Simpson in his walkthru mentions that you need to drop all shells except one and sell them one at a time, because Fenten will take all shells in your inventory - so this is from the original game.

#19 Taimon

Taimon
  • 387 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 10:43 AM

BGT already fixes this by only allowing to sell stuff once.
I just reported this because the german translation says, he will give you 250 gp for every ankheg.
Since this is not the case for the english version, there is nothing to do here. (Besides the fact, that you have probably already done Gerde's quest, before even speaking to Fenten.)

#20 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 05:19 PM

I noticed this with a lute ("Song of the Nyriad") and a horn ("Battle cry"). Don't know where they come from, it could be related to a particular mod. I'm not yet advanced enough to see if it is a generic issue, related to more objects.

Neither of those are from BGT. Perhaps a DSotSC/NTotSC thing?

BTW, looking into my old saves, I can say the thieves skills are erased as soon as one will dual-class; don't know if it's a normal behaviour, but don't know how BG could remember the skills later in the game, when the dual-class will be effective, if the skills are not kept somewhere.

Does the dual-class behaviour work at all in vanilla BG2:ToB? BGT doesn't really change the rules in any way. There is a possibility it may be a bug due to the change in starting XP though, but I'm not sure.

I just reported this because the german translation says, he will give you 250 gp for every ankheg.
Since this is not the case for the english version, there is nothing to do here. (Besides the fact, that you have probably already done Gerde's quest, before even speaking to Fenten.)

What do other languages say for Fenten's line?

--------------
Retired Modder