Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:59 PM

:clap: :clap: :Bow: :woot: :coolthumb:

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#5 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:47 PM

A gamer reported that he can't install the vault without DSotSC. Is DSotSC needed for the vault?

[EDIT]

Only to let you know:

In the German forum we discussed about a problem and someone thought it could be a problem with the vault.

The answer of this was:

Vault one can exclude most probably, because it changes with itemslots nothing at all, but only hamm02 with REPLACE_TEXTUALLY CASE_INSENSITIVE EXACT_MATCH changes in blunrag.

Another mentioned:

Looks in my eyes not good to make this with REPLACE_TEXTUALLY. Because the concepts are not equally long, the file size is changed and then at least of the Itemslots offset points to the wrong place.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 25 September 2008 - 11:54 PM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#6 Taimon

Taimon
  • 387 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 02:05 AM

I already PM'ed erebusant about the latter. ;)

#7 --The Arcanamach--

--The Arcanamach--

Posted 04 October 2008 - 09:13 PM

Im glad to see that this mod is receiving some support. I too have tried to reach Josh the Clueless with no results. Can someone please tell me how to complete the Return to Nashkel quest? Ive spoken to Zernan and exchanged the book, gone to Beregost and spoken to Zhurlong, and proceeded to the Nashkel Mines and...nothing. No one is there. What am I missing?

#8 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:46 PM

Im glad to see that this mod is receiving some support. I too have tried to reach Josh the Clueless with no results. Can someone please tell me how to complete the Return to Nashkel quest? Ive spoken to Zernan and exchanged the book, gone to Beregost and spoken to Zhurlong, and proceeded to the Nashkel Mines and...nothing. No one is there. What am I missing?

Did you go to Nashkel itself near the inn?

It takes a village...

#9 -Guest_Topken-

-Guest_Topken-

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:19 AM

hmm in what order would this go after ive got the other mega mods installed? and im using bp177 as well as the bp worldmap is it ok to install this after ive got those installed?

#10 --The Arcanamach--

--The Arcanamach--

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:42 AM

Did you go to Nashkel itself near the inn?

I did the first time I installed this mod but not the last time. I figured my install was hosed. I'll install again and see what happens. Do you have a name for who I'm supposed to speak with?

#11 Topken

Topken
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:44 PM

ok that didnt work just got an error trying to install it over the rest of my mods. ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [dsarchdr.cre] not found in KEY file:
[./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.

Is the error im getting not sure whats going on i can send you the debug file if you want me to

or could it be possable that one of my other mods has cuased this to happen? i can post my weidu.log file if you want me to so you can see what ive got.

*yawns* so whats taking you guys so long to respond? it would be helpful to get some info so i cang et this great mod installed and have access to new items during baldur's gate section of the game

so ill take that as a no then

do you guys need anymore info before can help me?

Edited by Topken, 12 October 2008 - 08:34 PM.

#12 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 03:49 PM

This is a pretty quiet (read dead :P) forum so people don't check it often. Which is why I don't mind moderating it. :P

I don't have a BG1 install on this comp, so I can't really check to see what the actual problem is. You can however bypass the problem, though I have never played this mod so I have NO idea what sort of problems this might cause but....

Look for this block in the TP2 file and delete it:

COPY_EXISTING ~dsarchdr.cre~ ~override~
PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE > 0x2d3) THEN BEGIN // protects against invalid files
WRITE_LONG 0x1c 12 // GP
WRITE_SHORT 0x24 190 // Current HP
WRITE_SHORT 0x26 190 // Max HP
WRITE_BYTE 0x52 ~13~ // THAC0
WRITE_BYTE 0x6e 0 // Large Sword Proficiency
WRITE_BYTE 0x234 12 // Level First Class
WRITE_BYTE 0x23b 19 // Wisdom
WRITE_BYTE 0x0242 0 // Morale Recovery
ADD_CRE_ITEM ~POTN38~ #1 #0 #0 ~NONE~ ~QItem1~ // Put potions in Quick Slot 1
ADD_CRE_ITEM ~POTN42~ #2 #0 #0 ~NONE~ ~QItem2~ // Put Potions in Quick Slot 2
ADD_CRE_ITEM ~potngr8r~ #2 #0 #0 ~NONE~ ~QItem3~ // Put Potions in Quick Slot 3
END
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

That should remove the error you are getting and let you install the mod, but again, since I've never played it and I can't check to see what exactly that creature is/does, I can't guarantee what will happen. Hopefully someone who has played this mod will come along and give a better answer.

#13 Topken

Topken
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:42 PM

yeah the people dont seem to be around when you need them the most i noticed and i think ill wait for someone who knows to say something before i do anything just incase that creature is part of another mod or something and ill start getting more errors aftewards cause i dont have it installed. im doing a small mega modifaction with only big picture v 177 as of right now and having addiantion mage equipment will be helpful as well as some of the rest of the stuff that it includes as well

#14 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:47 PM

yeah the people dont seem to be around when you need them the most i noticed and i think ill wait for someone who knows to say something before i do anything just incase that creature is part of another mod or something and ill start getting more errors aftewards cause i dont have it installed. im doing a small mega modifaction with only big picture v 177 as of right now and having addiantion mage equipment will be helpful as well as some of the rest of the stuff that it includes as well

You can comment out that section of code with no issues. It's modifying a creature from DSotSC which you don't have installed.

It takes a village...

#15 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 02:42 AM

yeah the people dont seem to be around when you need them the most i noticed and i think ill wait for someone who knows to say something before i do anything just incase that creature is part of another mod or something and ill start getting more errors aftewards cause i dont have it installed.

Try to install less than 100 mods together and help yourself :cheers:

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#16 Topken

Topken
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 11:40 AM

i figured it was for another mod lol so i wasnt sure without a reply. to be honest i wouldnt mind installing DSotSC or NSotSC. so ill go look those up and see if i cant find the bt version of them

#17 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 11:55 AM

i wouldnt mind installing DSotSC or NSotSC. so ill go look those up and see if i cant find the bt version of them

bt??? No need to look any further, would be my guess.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#18 Topken

Topken
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 11:56 AM

thanks but i found them already now i jsut need to remember in what order these two go

nevermind i got it its DSotSC then NTotSC

got everything working now and no proiblems so far which is a very good thing so thanks for getting everything working together erebusant

Edited by Topken, 15 October 2008 - 11:18 PM.

#19 --The Arcanamach--

--The Arcanamach--

Posted 18 October 2008 - 09:50 PM

Uhg. I just played this mod, Zernan stole my book, I chased him to Nashkel, met with Nandin and proceeded to Nashkel mines and fought many drow...but I did not get the book back and there are no drow on the lowest two levels. What am I missing now? Where is this 'employer' Zernan was speaking of?

#20 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 02:48 AM

The Vault causes a CTD if you want to go to the final fight with Sarevok.

In this topic is the bug reported.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 31 October 2008 - 09:52 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World