Azkyroth's Question Thread 2

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:20 PM

As my original consolidated thread is about two years old, "necroposting" is quite aggressively frowned on these days, and I've developed a few more general purpose questions I want to submit, I'm starting a new thread.

First question: has anyone ever written out a character set for the dead Imaskari alphabet? I haven't had any luck finding one online.

Second: Anyone familiar with the "clerical languages" of the Realms...are these secret languages like Druidic, or merely specialized?

More later.

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#2 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:54 PM

http://www.geocities...1557/fonts1.htm

Far as I know, Imaskari is written in Dethek. Hope it helps :)
The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#3 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:46 PM

Far as I know, Imaskari is written in Dethek. Hope it helps :)

Thanks. That's useful for several things, but not quite what I was looking for. According to this source "modern" Imaskari is written in Dethek, but the Imaskari historically had an alphabet of their own that's fallen into disuse; it was this one that I was trying to find samples of, if anyone actually followed through and drew some up.

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#4 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 07:07 PM

Is there any canonical information on which Faerunian gods, if any, are known to sponsor Holy Liberators? Or do Holy Liberators not need sponsors?

#5 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 04:29 AM

Is there any canonical information on which Faerunian gods, if any, are known to sponsor Holy Liberators? Or do Holy Liberators not need sponsors?

They will need to worship a deity to get their spells. There's only one I can find where there's any sort of organisation, and that's a group associated with the church of Selune. Technically the leader is a fallen paladin, but that's because he's chaotic rather than evil. They use the symbol of a broken set of shackles. And I can't remember their name or exactly where I found the information, but it was in Dragon Magazine a couple of years ago. It was in an article discussing prestige classes in the Realms, and the Holy Liberator was one that got discussed. There are other churches with them, Sune was one, but the church of Selune was the only one with a "semi-" organised group.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.