Photo

Power Blast vs. Rapid Shot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 06:41 AM

Which is a better tree for someone with dual blasters?

I'm thinking of using Carth Onassi as my ranged blaster. As a Soldier, he gets tons of feats, and I'm not sure which is a better tree to pursue.

TIA
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
? Stewie Griffin

#2 Lord of Al

Lord of Al
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:11 PM

Which is a better tree for someone with dual blasters?

I'm thinking of using Carth Onassi as my ranged blaster. As a Soldier, he gets tons of feats, and I'm not sure which is a better tree to pursue.

TIA

rapid shot! the first game, having no precise shot feats (or none that i remember) most enemy lightsaber wielding baddies will try and deflect your laser shots, so your best bet is too shoot lots, so more have a chance of getting through the deflection. This is also why dual wielding pistols is good for the first game, again, more attacks.
My! What an interesting turn of phrase.

#3 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 04:02 AM

Cool, that's what I was thinking as well. I've been using Carth's Power Blast early on, but I'm currently on Dantooine, and I now have Master Rapid Shot. I've been alternating between the two.

Sometimes, it's actually helped to start with Power Blast (and I think I'll improve it next), and when the enemy is down to about 1/3 VP, switch to Rapid Shot to get those hits over with.

After that, I guess I'll bump up the Conditioning feat chain with Carth. And Implants should help too.
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
? Stewie Griffin