Photo

Crash Problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lord of Al

Lord of Al
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:08 PM

I'm having technical hiccups in the fortress of regrets, namely crashes, during the little cannon/companion death bits especially, but also just a few while im walking around. Using my powerful spells are bad offenders too. After restarting my computer about 7 times, I decided i COULD chug through it, one restart at a time or ask people here if they had any tips on how to avoid these crashes.

(That means you)

Thank you!
My! What an interesting turn of phrase.

#2 Soulfire

Soulfire
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 03:19 AM

Spell crashes, eh? I had that problem way back at the start of the game when Strahan decided he was going to Ice Knife me. Caused the entire machine to hang and that was it. I found a solution, though. Right-click on your desktop and choose Properties, then Settings, then Advanced, then go to the Troubleshooting tab.

On my PC I have to knock the Hardware Acceleration slider two notches to the left (It causes graphical errors though), on my laptop I don't have to do anything. Do what needs to be done.

#3 Rastor

Rastor

Yes, I really am a dragon. Yes, I am a jerk. Live with it.

• 2001 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:37 PM

Known bug. What's your graphics card?

Normally turning off hardware acceleration can solve all of these problems.
Home of Kitanya, Improved Asylum, more...

Posted Image

#4 Lord of Al

Lord of Al
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:45 PM

i knocked the hardware acceleration down two spots and it works like the proverbial charm besides a bit of buzzing and a tiny bit of stutter but its ignorable, thanks
My! What an interesting turn of phrase.

#5 Soulfire

Soulfire
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:48 AM

Buzzing? Looks like a sound issue. You might be able to fix that by going into Start > Run and typing "dxdiag", then going to the Sound tab (Or tabs, I can't be sure) and disabling some of the options. I'm not sure about what that does in Torment, but I remember I used that method to fix a sound issue in BG2.