Photo

CTD in Hlondeth quest (Brimstone Bridge)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 colonel klinck

colonel klinck
  • 181 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:51 AM

Hy,
Once arrived in Brimstone Bridge area I got a CTD after a few seconds .
after some research I found this on this forum
http://www.shsforums...amp;hl=hlondeth
I followed the advices given there but I must hve done stg wrong cause It changes nothing. I reload just before going to this unstable area but CTD again once arrived.
So I guess there must be stg I missed .

I followed this advice :

*** Fixed for the next version ***

To fix that locally just execute the following command line from your game directory and try your savegame again :CODEweidu --out override --biff-get-rest AM1700.*WAV(make sure you have WeiDU.exe there)

Hi

Just got the same problem, CTD after reaching the bridge area.

This could be a really thick question...but, how do I execute the "command line"? Do I run weidu.exe scroll through the options then enter the *whole* line when prompted or am I supposed to do this someplace else?

I tried on weidu.exe, typed the line "--out override --biff-get-rest AM1700.*WAV", the window closed by itself without any confirmation then I loaded BGII, opened my last autosave (ie the save before I move into the bridge area) but still got the crash. What am I doing wrong

Thanks
Sam

Open Notepad, or wordpad, type the line into it, then "Save As", and name your file CtB Brimstone Bridge Fix.bat, then select "All Files" in the file type, and save it as a batch file. Put the batch file in your main SoA directory and double-click on it to execute it.

--------------------

I've done this but I don't understand what does mean : "...and save it as a batch file...". :wacko:
Stupidity valued on stock exchange ? Good ! No more financial crisis ! God we should be surrounded by multibillionnaries !

#2 colonel klinck

colonel klinck
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:43 PM

I tried this
Open Notepad, or wordpad, type the line into it, then "Save As", and name your file CtB Brimstone Bridge Fix.bat, then select "All Files" in the file type, and save it as a batch file. Put the batch file in your main SoA directory and double-click on it to execute it.

I get the following black screen via cmd.exe

C:\Programmes\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>weidu --out override --biff-get-rest AM1700.
*WAV
[weidu] WeiDU version 20200
[./CHITIN.KEY] 326 BIFFs, 67946 resources
[./dialog.tlk] 151289 string entries
[./dialogF.tlk] 151289 string entries
[weidu] Using scripting style "BG"
[C:\Programmes\Black Isle\BGII - SoA/DATA/TS-WAV.BIF] 211293677 bytes, 380 files
, 0 tilesets
[override/AM1700.WAV] created from [./DATA/TS-WAV.BIF]

Is that the expected change ?
Cause I tried the save from hlondetyh before going to Brimstone Bridge and I 'alwys have the same CTD about 15 seconds after my party arrived in the area.
:blink:
Stupidity valued on stock exchange ? Good ! No more financial crisis ! God we should be surrounded by multibillionnaries !

#3 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:48 PM

I tried this

I get the following black screen via cmd.exe

C:\Programmes\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>weidu --out override --biff-get-rest AM1700.
*WAV
[weidu] WeiDU version 20200
[./CHITIN.KEY] 326 BIFFs, 67946 resources
[./dialog.tlk] 151289 string entries
[./dialogF.tlk] 151289 string entries
[weidu] Using scripting style "BG"
[C:\Programmes\Black Isle\BGII - SoA/DATA/TS-WAV.BIF] 211293677 bytes, 380 files
, 0 tilesets
[override/AM1700.WAV] created from [./DATA/TS-WAV.BIF]

Is that the expected change ?
Cause I tried the save from hlondetyh before going to Brimstone Bridge and I 'alwys have the same CTD about 15 seconds after my party arrived in the area.
:blink:

Are you using version 1.8? I have yet to see this happen in four plays of 1.9 for me. Maybe something else in your installed mods is corrupting something. It may work better if you are not reloading the auto-save going in to that area as the previous area files are saved in that one already.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant