Bottomless bag of holding, et al.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:33 PM

This is my first attempt at doing anything WeiDu (besides selecting [I]nstall) so keep in mind that my knowldge base is still severely limited. I'm trying to figure out the code for my .tp2 to make all bags bottomless. I think I found the code from G3's BGII Tweak Pack v6 that does it.

[codebox]/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\
/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\
///// \\\\\
///// Make Misc Bags of Holding Bottomless \\\\\
///// \\\\\

[color="#0000FF"]BEGIN @304000 DESIGNATED 3040
GROUP @4
GROUP @19
REQUIRE_PREDICATE ((NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~_sw1h01.itm~) OR (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~c!ammo.sto~)) @2 // requires bags of holding on Tutu

// this file does nothing, it just allows other mods to detect this component
COPY_EXISTING ~sw1h01.itm~ ~override/cdt03040.g3~[/color]
PRINT @1
COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.sto$~ ~override~
READ_LONG 0x08 "itemtype" ELSE 0
PATCH_IF ("%itemtype%" = 5) BEGIN
WRITE_SHORT 0x22 [color="#FF0000"]0[/color]
END
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES[/codebox]
but I THINK there are several lines (in blue) that I don't need. Right? Second, this would set the Storage capacity to '0', which does make it bottomless. However, when you put tons of stuff in a bag whose Storage capacity is '0', things seem to mysteriously disappear. On the other hand, if you set the Storage capacity to '65536' (the highest number NI will let you set it) your stuff doesn't disappear. So, if I wanted to change the Storage capacity, I would replace the red '0' with '65536'?

TIA
-Sam.

Edited by Sam., 08 July 2008 - 07:53 PM.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:25 PM

So, if I wanted to change the Storage capacity, I would replace the red '0' with '65536'?

Yeah, that's probably better than zero. It's equivalent to 0xFFFF, the highest value a "SHORT" (two-byte) offset can take. Or you could just set it to something reasonable, like 1000. Really, do you want more junk than that in a bag anyway? Take you forever to find anything :D.

You don't need anything else except the BEGIN for your component (you don't need the PRINT either). Note that this will make ALL containers "bottomless" - including gem bags and other nonmagical containers that really shouldn't be. You might be better off hardcoding the list of all possible bags. If you want I can throw this in the tweak mod that will include Thrown Hammers, since I already have a component that gives all containers unique colours (including mod-added ones).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:53 AM

Thanks Miloch.

Or you could just set it to something reasonable, like 1000. Really, do you want more junk than that in a bag anyway? Take you forever to find anything :D.

I'm a packrat (I keep ANY item with a real name...) so I like my bags to go very deep, but 'purse' deep is probably a little excessive. :P

If you want I can throw this in the tweak mod that will include Thrown Hammers, since I already have a component that gives all containers unique colours (including mod-added ones).

That would be convenient. How would I do a check to see if the bags component of (was if Visual Tweaks?) was already installed?

Edited by Sam., 09 July 2008 - 08:55 AM.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:34 AM

So for a private use, if I update the code to:

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.sto$~ ~override~
READ_LONG 0x08 "itemtype" ELSE 65536
PATCH_IF ("%itemtype%" = 5) BEGIN
WRITE_SHORT 0x22 65536
END
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

the items wouldn't disappear, right?

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#5 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:39 AM

65536 equals 0 when in a short. So, no, that wouldn't help. Try with 32767 (the biggest signed short possible).

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#6 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:42 AM

That would be convenient. How would I do a check to see if the bags component of (was if Visual Tweaks?) was already installed?

Well, I would DESIGNATE it a number, then you could use FORBID_COMPONENT to disallow it, though I'm not sure which number it'll be (or even what the tp2 will be called) as yet. It shouldn't really matter. If you use BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES, it won't make the change twice anyway (if it's the same change).

65536 equals 0 when in a short. So, no, that wouldn't help. Try with 32767 (the biggest signed short possible).

Oh, right - 65535 would be 0xffff. But capacity is signed? I don't think it's possible to have a negative capacity... I'm still trying to conceive of stuffing more than ten thousand items in a single container though... :blink:

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#7 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:47 AM

Oh, right - 65535 would be 0xffff. But capacity is signed? I don't think it's possible to have a negative capacity... I'm still trying to conceive of stuffing more than ten thousand items in a single container though... :blink:

Better safe than sorry. And it can happen if you stockpile all arrows you find, I guess.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#8 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:15 PM

Soooo, what's the highest number you can actually set (other than 65536 which WieDU sets as 0)? 65535? or 32767?

Edited by Sam., 10 July 2008 - 07:20 PM.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#9 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:03 PM

Soooo, what's the highest number you can actually set (other than 65536 which WieDU sets as 0)? 65535? or 32767?

I'm pretty sure it'd be 65535, since I can't imagine this could be intepreted as a negative value. If you want to be super safe as the bigg said, you can use 32767. But if you're trying to stuff 20 pounds of crap into a 10 pound sack, safety is probably your least concern :D. Or in this case, 65000+ items into a bag originally designed to hold 100 items (or 2000 at most for the bigger bags).

Thing is, most people using this kind of cheat tweak are going to use the unlimited stacking ones too, so I can't even imagine you'd be carrying around that much with stockpiling everything you could get your hands on. Plus, I like round numbers, so I'd probably just cap it at 30000, tops. But, to each their own...

#10 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 07:16 PM

And now for the "et al." (aka 'and others') part of the topic title. A hopefully simple question not worthy of its own thread: How do you associate or attach a sound to a new text string with WeiDU? What I want to do is add a soundset to an NPC but include entries that are not part of the standard 37 PC soundset options. 'Unhappy Serious' and 'Breaking Point' among them.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#11 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 07:51 PM

How do you associate or attach a sound to a new text string with WeiDU? What I want to do is add a soundset to an NPC but include entries that are not part of the standard 37 PC soundset options. 'Unhappy Serious' and 'Breaking Point' among them.

Just put the soundclip in brackets after the string. For example:
COPY_EXISTING ~edwin7.cre~ ~override~
  SAY UNHAPPY_SERIOUS ~I warn you, I cannot abide this charity. It is not to my tastes at all~ [EDWIN05]
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES
Just make sure you cover all versions of the NPC and that the string does not already exist with the soundclip (though you can still type it out and SAY it, but why do more work than necessary). I use Inf Talker for this, since it's pretty quick (same search function is probably in DLTCEP and NI). If it does exist, you can hardcode it with SAY UNHAPPY_SERIOUS #3970 instead, unless you're dealing with some weird platform where the string references would be different from the default (not likely). Or you can get even trickier if you're shuffling around existing soundclips (see Bearwere's Tweaks for examples).

#12 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:14 AM

Sorry, seems like one answer leads to two more questions. Why do I keep getting this error and how do I specify '--tlkout dialog.tlk'?

C:\PROGRAM FILES\BLACK ISLE\BGII - SOA\SETUP-TWEAKS.TP2's 3201th component not found.C:\PROGRAM FILES\BLACK ISLE\BGII - SOA\SETUP-TWEAKS.TP2's 3202th component not found.You did not specify '--tlkout dialog.tlk', so 37 strings were not saved.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#13 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:49 AM

Whoa, that's heavy. What exactly are you trying to do?

#14 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:45 AM

Whoa, that's heavy. What exactly are you trying to do?

Just add new text strings with attached sounds to a creature for a soundset. This is the only part of my mod that adds strings and it parsed fine. When I trid to actually install it, WieDU said the soundset component was successfully installed, but had this error message at the end. Since it didn't add the strings, nothing actually changed, though. :wacko:

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#15 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:21 PM

Might want to post your code. I'm guessing you missed a bracket or tilde or something like that.

#16 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:44 PM

Might want to post your code. I'm guessing you missed a bracket or tilde or something like that.

Thanks for your time Miloch.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#17 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:17 PM

Oh, I guess I should've mentioned that the sound reference in brackets should be the actual compressed .wav soundclip file name, that must be 8 characters or less, no spaces. That's probably what's making it choke.

Looks like some interesting components - are they the same as Tweaks or have you changed them? Also, have you improved the full plate BAM? I have a tweak to the ankheg plate to deuglify it, though it might only be applicable to Tutu.

#18 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:29 AM

Oh, I guess I should've mentioned that the sound reference in brackets should be the actual compressed .wav soundclip file name, that must be 8 characters or less, no spaces. That's probably what's making it choke.

That makes sence.

Looks like some interesting components - are they the same as Tweaks or have you changed them?

What do you mean? It is exactly the same as the "tweaks" in post #12, but the first 3 components of my CA Tweaks were copied from "BGII Tweak Pack v6" minus their special IDs (except for the updated storage capacity of the bags).

Also, have you improved the full plate BAM? I have a tweak to the ankheg plate to deuglify it, though it might only be applicable to Tutu.

Well, it is putting the BG1 full plate .BAM into BG2 (as I like the BG1 version much better), but it isn't changed in any way.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#19 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:47 AM

What do you mean? It is exactly the same as the "tweaks" in post #12, but the first 3 components of my CA Tweaks were copied from "BGII Tweak Pack v6" minus their special IDs (except for the updated storage capacity of the bags).

Yeah, that's what I was asking. Was just wondering if you'd changed any of the BG2 Tweaks components (apart from the bag of holding).

#20 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:05 PM

Well, I renamed the sound files to 8 characters without spaces, compressed them, and updated the .tp2 accordingly. I still got the same error message. I even tried adding .wav to the filename in bractets (didn't help). Things just don't seem to be going my way recently <_< . Any other suggestions?

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage