Photo

What's a more important immunity: Mind Affecting or Critical Hits?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:07 PM

I'm planning out a character who will have level 2 Implants and I'm trying to decide which Implant is more important.
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
? Stewie Griffin

#2 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:23 AM

I'm planning out a character who will have level 2 Implants and I'm trying to decide which Implant is more important.

Critical hits happen against a lot more enemies, since it's only really enemy jedi you need to worry about. But suffering from stun/stasis/fear etc is really serious when it happens, and if you can protect against it you should. There are things other than implants that can provide protection, so if you can get an implant providing protection from Crits with an implant and wear one of the belts that provide immunity to mind affecting that's probably your best bet.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#3 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:37 AM

Will Force Resistance and Force Immunity help against those mind attacks and stuns nd such? I'm starting to think I can rely on those powers for the mental attacks and the implant for the critical hits.

I'm really trying to maximize STR with this build, so my Belt slot is filled (CNS Strength Enhancer). At least that belt gives a bonus to Saves. :)
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
? Stewie Griffin

#4 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:53 AM

Will Force Resistance and Force Immunity help against those mind attacks and stuns nd such? I'm starting to think I can rely on those powers for the mental attacks and the implant for the critical hits.

I'm really trying to maximize STR with this build, so my Belt slot is filled (CNS Strength Enhancer). At least that belt gives a bonus to Saves. :)

It depends what is forcing the save. Against a Critical Strike/Sniper Shot you will have to save against being stunned (and there immunity to criticals will prevent the effect), some mines will still affect you, but if it's a force power then you can laugh. If your saves are high enough then there aren't many opponents that can affect you, and if you're a Scout/whatever (Implant 2 suggests it) you have good basic saves, an item that enhances them, and ideally a Wisdom bonus too.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.