Photo

Is one level of Flurry worth it?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:38 PM

I'm trying to flesh out my Scoundrel 7/Guardian build, and I'm considering the first level of Flurry after maxing out Critical Strike.

My thinking is that since you get Sneak Attack damage added to stunned enemies, I should activate Flurry and get an extra Sneak Attack in there.

Is this over-thinking the situation? I will probably kill anything that's stunned anyway since I max out the Speed Powers ASAP and use Two Weapon Fighting style.

So, is the first Flurry even worth it?

TIA
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
? Stewie Griffin

#2 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:05 AM

I'm trying to flesh out my Scoundrel 7/Guardian build, and I'm considering the first level of Flurry after maxing out Critical Strike.

My thinking is that since you get Sneak Attack damage added to stunned enemies, I should activate Flurry and get an extra Sneak Attack in there.

Is this over-thinking the situation? I will probably kill anything that's stunned anyway since I max out the Speed Powers ASAP and use Two Weapon Fighting style.

So, is the first Flurry even worth it?

TIA

Probably not if you've got Master Speed, since you'll be going with a -4 to hit on all the attacks you make. If you can get it up to level 2, then I'd take it.-4 makes it much more likely that you'll get a miss, which makes the exercise pointless. I'd be more inclined to Critical 2 and Flurry 2 myself. You don't see an increase in your chance of stunning with the critical anyway, and -2 is much better for your Flurry than -4.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#3 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:27 AM

Yeah, I've pretty much abandoned this idea. I was thinking the only time I'd ever use it is on a stunned opponent (to get more sneak attacks in there), but after I stun a bad guy, they're pretty much dead from my sneak attacks anyway.

There are better spots to spend my feats.
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
? Stewie Griffin